• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Grand Luxxe is Better: Riviera Maya or Nuevo Vallarta?

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the chart....

This is super helpful. I wish someone at Vida Lifestyles would have given me this chart. I had a question with Vida Lifestyles about this program and they would not answer my question about the Vida Lifestyles Weeks. The rep just told me to call Vidanta, which I did. Then I got the run around with Vidanta. I thought Vidanta and Vida Lifestyles were being rude and not fulfilling their promises. They could have provided excellent customer service by explaining the program and emailing me the chart. So simple, right?

I learn more about my benefits from TUG and other Listserves than from Grand Luxxe and its partners. It seems the sales people and customer services reps have inconsistent training. They forgot to enroll me in The Registry Collection. I did not know I was entitled to that benefit until last week.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Gold Status, you are in the middle tier and have a special phone number call for reservations and have a better chance to get what and when you want. You are also assigned the more desirable units. Platinum Status has the same phone number, but they take preference over everyone and will get better units than the Gold or entry level ownership levels do. The last time we went to the update meeting, they offered us another week and Platinum status, but we said no thanks. We did not need another unit and the MF on all three units would be even higher per week than now, AND we did not want to spend a lot more money.

What unit do you own as a Gold member now? Do you usually get your request of rooms?

rpennisi

Reaction score
I just booked a Jungle Suite at Riviera Maya for the week of Jan 26 in November. I was surprised to get it. I already had the week of Jan 19 booked and I added a second week without a problem. That was very surprising because when I booked Jan 19, I was told they only had 2 Jungle Suites left. It was with only 2 months advance notice during high season. Maybe I got lucky?
Or, they are adding additional Jungle GL suites. Maybe all the remaining unfinished MPs are being converted to Jungle GL. When we were there in August, there was a lot of construction activity going on in that area.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
What unit do you own as a Gold member now? Do you usually get your request of rooms?
We own 2 Grand Luxxe Master Suites - aka - 2-bedroom with 2-1/2 bath units. That might not get you Gold status now, but once they assign it to you in writing, they do not take it away. If by chance you have the Sr. Certificates - be careful with upgrades - they have changed those. When they wanted us to upgrade, they did say we could keep our original one, but some people have reported that the new one just freezes the MF price to the amount it was when you upgraded. We have ours in writing - 1/2 price at 75 and No MF after 77. You do have to pay the renewal fee, but that is fine with us.