• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where to Advertise DVC Rentals

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I had to cancel some reservations due to illness so I have a bunch of points in holding. This means I can only book 60 days out. At 60 days out, there is little availability for consecutive nights. However, I was able to book 4 reservations for early February for 3 to 5 days each at Boulder Ridge, Animal Kingdom, Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. I would like to get advice on the best places to post my ads for DVC rentals. What would you recommend? Also, what price per point would be attractive and fair since these reservations are for less than 60 days out?

PS I tried working with David’s to rent out the points but I have had no luck with them.

Last edited:

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I would think redweek would be a good place to start. I have had success with renting my hyatt units there.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
On that short of notice for a weekday reservation, I'd advertise everywhere I could think of. Craiglist, TUG, Mouseowners, Disboards, etc. Price wise, I'd compare $12./point to what it would cost to rent a room from Disney directly and then put that info in the ad.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
If these go up on tug, please direct towards the ad. I'd be interested in dates and prices

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Disboards.com under dvc rentals bb. They’ll be gone in a flash.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC Rental Store. They also rent out points, although that might still be an issue when there is such short notice.

Princ3ssgldy

Reaction score
There are several FB groups for this. $12/point seems very reasonable.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
There are several FB groups for this. $12/point seems very reasonable.
$12/point doesn’t cover MFs anymore. Most rentals now are $17 pp, going up to $20 for very desirable locations or dates. So $12 pp would be very attractive in this situation.

Princ3ssgldy

Reaction score

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
What property has MF in excess of $12?

You're right - I don't know what I was thinking! Probably trying to do too many other things at the same time. Maybe thinking about double MFs as a desired rental price. Thanks for catching that.