• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where is the best deal for HGVC?

chrismsa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I know that I like HGVC system so, I will focus just for HGVC. I'm leaning towards 7000 points Platinum.

1) Is there a vacation destination you wish to visit most of the time or on a regular basis? if so where? No preference, somewhere with top trade value and low MFs

2) Do you want to visit your home resort at least half the time, or do you want to trade more than half the time? trade more than half the time

3) What are your 5 top trade destinations? FL, SC, NY, Thailand, anywhere in the US

4) How many people do you usually travel with? 4-5

5) Can you travel any time, or are you locked into the school schedule? school schedule

6) Can you make firm plans 12 or more mos. in advance? Yes

7) Can you vacation for a full week at a time? Yes

8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars? 4-5

9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing? less than $8,000

10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year? less than $1,000

11) Are you a detail oriented planner? Yes

12) Do you understand that once you buy a timeshare, it may be very difficult to sell or give away, and you are responsible for all fees, until you do? Yes, that is why I'm looking for the location that can hold value and I can resell later.

I have a list of offers that I like to have any advise.

HGVC on Paradise (Las Vegas): 7000 Points, 2BD/2BA, platinum season, annual, seller has 1750 remaining banked points from 2017 that are included in the purchase price, 2018 MF’s & taxes are $936.60. Listed at $7,000

Elara by HGVC (Las Vegas):
7000 Points, 1BD/1BA, platinum season, annual, listed at $9,999, MF’s & taxes $980.

HGVC at SeaWorld: 7000 Points, 2BD/2BA, platinum season, annual, listed at $6,250, MF’s & taxes $1,187.

Coylumbridge Scotland 7000 point maint fee of $693.40 $7.5k

Paradise 7000 for $8500 with a $930 maintenance fee,
SeaWorld 7000 for $7k with an $1100 maintenance fee
Tuscany 7000 for $6k with a $1300 maintenance fee
Bay Club 7000 for $4k with a $1600 maintenance fee

Thank you.
Chris

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Sounds like you've done your homework. I'd suggest amortizing the purchase price and fees over 10 or 20 years and dividing by the total number of points to get an average cost per point over a longer time period. This will give you your average cost per point over the expected time you plan on owning the unit. Sometimes a cheaper purchase cost isn't all it's cracked up to be if you pay more in maintenance fees every year.

Example 1 - Your first Vegas property - Purchase price $7000 + $936.60 x 10 = $16366 divided by 70000 points = $0.2338/point over 10 years

Example 2 - Bay club - Purchase price $4000 + $1600 x 10 = $20000 divided by 70000 points = $0.2857/point over 10 years

Over all I looked for units with the best maintenance fee/point ratio as this is the best way to minimize long term costs. A little more for initial purchase is quickly made up for by lower annual maintenance fees. there is a list https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...ith-the-lowest-mfs.249249/page-2#post-1988917

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
FYI if you are looking at Bay Club (on the higher end for maintenance fees) I bought a biennial (odd) 2 bedroom penthouse unit last year for $800 that included a free year of usage (7000 points). I doubt that you would have to pay anything near $4,000. I would shop for awhile and wait for a deal to come along.