• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Where are the places you go back to again and again?

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC Animal Kingdom and/or Boardwalk
MVC Hilton Head

Our favorite places and we always can’t wait to go back!

Will go back to Aruba at least a few times in the next 5 years.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Definitely an east coast thing. Orlando and hhi are (long) drive to locations, and we used the auto train for one way at Easter to Disney for 10 years.
From a large east coast airport, Europe is a nonstop 7-8 hour flight. And I can almost always use FF miles to get to somewhere in Europe.
We loved Hawaii. But too long flight.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Some people will hate my answer. Williamsburg. San Francisco.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
#1 Aruba - RCI points exchange
#2 New Orleans - own
#3 St. Maarten - own every 4 yrs
#4 South FL (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) - varies
#5 Massanutten - own/RCI Extra vacations

Never get enough of the 1st three locations for different reasons. Although the seaweed problem in St Maarten is getting ridiculous.

South FL - I seem to end up there at least once a year because I have friends in the area. And friends who don't live there but love to go...and are always looking for a travel buddy.

Massanutten is our annual winter group trip. Next year is our 10th year... I think we had about 20 2bdrm units this year. The group gets bigger every year

Edited to add...
Oh, I forgot Hilton Head, SC. Love that place. (own a few biennial weeks)

Last edited:

Edward Druy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Windward Pointe Beach House Hacienda del Mar Pinion Point
For me - it is Orlando (hey I have a kid and a 50 year old Disney obsessed husband) and Lincoln, NH (because I like getting back to nature and walks in the woods).

With that said...
I do hope to head back to Sedona again and Aruba is a place I could go to annually.
Sedona and Key West

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Maui every Jan-March 3-4 weeks every year
Hilton Head-1 week (last 3 years so this is new)
Orlando every October (F&W Fest) 2 weeks every year
Vegas every other year

afk324

Reaction score
Poconos, Newport, Atlantic City, Jimeny Peak, Berkshires.

afk324

Reaction score
Poconos, Newport, Jimeny Peak, Atlantic City, Daytona, Birkshires, Myrtle Beach.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I’m a repeat customer of HGVC Timeshare Vacation promos:D. Every time the make me an offer, I usually take it. Been to Vegas and Orlando a few times. I endure the sales promo for anywhere from 30 - 90 minutes. Some give up quickly, some chat about other stuff for the 90, none make any real effort to sell me after I explain my holdings and understanding of timeshares.

No clue why they keep making me offers but it’s a pretty good deal for a 3 night stay in a HGVC.

Cheers

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We've used The Fountains in Orlando, Shenandoah Crossing in VA, and Brewster Green on Cape Cod more often than any other timeshares.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Scottsdale to visit friends; Door County for a summer weekend; Key West to party and chill;
St John Virgin Islands to recharge (2 weeks usually); Vegas for the shows, restaurants and shopping; Cruising to do a “sampler platter” of new destinations to see if any are worthy of a longer visit.

All of my repeat destinations are either deeded there or are “club” bookings in their respective mini systems, we do not exchange to repeats except sometimes Vegas.

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned St John, USVI so far because there are quite a few owners on TUG who go there every year. Just returned last night and it’s our little heaven on earth. We just sold the week recently but will continue to rent from owners and return.

I did earlier on in the thread, I love it too, as my license plate suggests.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We rarely go to the same place twice in a row but it seems we end up in Maui and Nuevo Vallarta quite a bit. We are gone between 8 and 10 weeks a year. This next winter we are in Maui for two weeks, Cabo for two weeks and Nuevo Vallarta for three weeks.

If I had to choose one place I really like I would pick home. There is no place like home. I really appreciate home after being away for a few weeks.

Bill

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Hilton Head
Boston
West Palm Beach
Aruba

Reactions: jme

SherryP

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Marriott's Ocean Pointe on Singer Island, Riviera Beach, FL. We've been every year except once since 2001. We also go to Breckenridge, CO nearly every year. We won't make it this year though due to a job change. Las Vegas has been at least once/year since 1999. Branson, MO is an EOY trip now although we use to go multiple times each year. We pick one of the Hawaiian Islands to visit EOY (to expensive to fly there for us on a yearly basis).
We're going to Ocean Pointe for the first time in a couple of weeks. After all I've heard I believe it's about to become a favorite for us as well. Any suggestions on restaurants? Know a good jet ski rental place? Can't wait to get to the beach again! Our favorites are Palm Desert, Las Vegas and anyplace in Hawaii.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We go back to 5 places but we own every other year. So not every year but every other year. Yearly I may have tired of the long trips by now.
Morritts Londoner (Grand Cayman Island), Windjammer Landing (St Lucia), Kahana Falls (Maui), Lawaii Beach Resort (Kauai) and Tres Rios (Playa Del Carmen La Herencia).
My spouse does not care as much for Mexico but Tres Rios is a nature preserve 326 acres with guards at the front gate. The preserve has many cenotes and one you can kayak down or float on a
tube to the ocean. The pools and All inclusive are great. The resort will give you a free ride to Playa Del Carmen beach at Sunset Fisherman but you taxi back.

I am thinking of staying at the Londoner in Grand Cayman. How was that resort? Are all the rooms oceanfront? Is that resort within the Morritt’s resorts the most upscale one?

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Westin Lagunamar
Marriott Marbella
Ka'anapali Beach Club
Puerto Aventuras (Porto Bello Residences)
Marriott Boston Pulse
There are others such as Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Ocean Watch, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, and Marriott Playa Andaluza that we like as well, but we revisit the above most often.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
If I had to summarize where we have repeated or will repeat with timeshare travel, I would say:

-All islands of Hawaii
-Lake Tahoe north shore and other parts of CA
-US Virgin Islands
-Florida in beach locations
-Costa Rica
-Mexico

My overall favorite resorts so far have been Ritz Carlton St Thomas and Four Seasons Costa Rica. In terms of the Marriott branded resorts, so far I really like Marriott Ko Olina.

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
I know this thread has been here for a while -- but this is my first time responding to it (at least I hope it is, as I have not read through the previous posts). Regardless, our 'go to' place is Wyndham's Patriot's Place in Williamsburg. While the facility is rather dated, the deluxe units all have working fireplaces and, since we prefer to visit Williamsburg in the colder months, that one feature makes our visits so much more enjoyable.

We do visit many other Wyndham sites as our time and points allow -- but Williamsburg has been our place to go for the past 38 years, with the last 20 or so of those years being timeshare owners.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Cold Spring, and then usually trade into Smuggs, though I've also done Extra Vacation weeks there through RCI. North Conway is usually an EV, too. I own 4 weeks at Cold Spring, but usually only trade one a year.

I agree with the previous poster who talked about how their stays feel like home. My kids are creatures of habit. I've been trying to talk up a trip to Williamsburg for 2021. They are NOT INTERESTED in the least. Not even if I can get a big unit. Not even if we go to Busch Gardens. :) They want to know that they are going to Smuggs to do all the things they love in Vermont. They want to go to Cold Spring and take the van for a trip. They want to know how the weekly routine will go.

Guess I'll go to Williamsburg when they all leave home.... Sigh.

replace smuggs with disney and that’s my 2 sons… I gave up and I am GOING to Williamsburg on my own in September.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seiverville Smokey Mountain Lodge, Ocean Boulevard Myrtle Beach, Bonnet Creek Florida, Coral Sands Hilton Head.