• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where are new HGVC resorts planned?

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Well since I've been confused about this since day one it is hard for me to argue. But years back when I first went to 57th St to look at the property just post construction there was literally NO mention of byHC, I am not even sure the concept existed then.

As someone who bought pre-construction at W 57th St, I agree that there was no mention of BHC at the time. However, it was very clear at the time that in order to book more than 45 days out you had to own there. It was even clear (to me at least) that you had to use your W 57th St points. It was part of the justification for why it is so expensive - I'd be able to use my points in NYC and not be in competition with people who paid very little for a Las Vegas property.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
As someone who bought pre-construction at W 57th St, I agree that there was no mention of BHC at the time. However, it was very clear at the time that in order to book more than 45 days out you had to own there. It was even clear (to me at least) that you had to use your W 57th St points. It was part of the justification for why it is so expensive - I'd be able to use my points in NYC and not be in competition with people who paid very little for a Las Vegas property.
Agree as well, certainly early on there was no mention of BHC, as I stated earlier I am not even sure that concept even existed then. Indeed I was told to book beyond 45 out you had to be an owner. In fact that was waved at me like a badge of honor with ownership. However, it was always vague as to how you could use your other points there from other HGVC properties. The line told to me repeatedly was "points are points". Now in my case the only Hilton TS I own is HCNY (I do own other TS/fractional ownership properties) and quite honestly I haven't bought any more properties with Hilton because of this.
To stay with the thread, it seems interesting that most (not all) new properties seem to be falling into the BHC system. That may sway my decision to by again a Hilton property but for now I am in a watch and wait mode. Resales are limited and still pricey.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
When we purchased W57 by Hilton Club they never really described what "club" meant other than we have up to 45 day advance reservations to the property. HCNY was described as a "completely different animal." Residences and The District weren't announced yet. I am not sure they knew what it meant and I am not sure they know completely now.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just received the latest copy of the Club Traveler. There is an article near the back announcing new properties that will come online in 2020:

Quin NYC bHC
Central at 5th bHC
Hilton Cabo bHC
Charleston bHC

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
I’m in Orlando and was told they’ll be converting hotels into HGV/HC locations. Some spots mentioned to me include:
•4 other locations in Chicago
•a smoky mountain location
•Maui (knew about that one)
•Aruba
•Auckland NZ
•Hotel Del Coronado - converting those beach side areas that are near the pool to HGVC or HC.

I think all are conversions but can’t be sure. These are just the locations they mentioned.

They also mentioned a partnership with Royal Caribbean cruise line separate from the usual other partners.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I’m in Orlando and was told they’ll be converting hotels into HGV/HC locations. Some spots mentioned to me include:
•Aruba
•Auckland NZ
•Hotel Del Coronado - converting those beach side areas that are near the pool to HGVC or HC.

I think all are conversions but can’t be sure. These are just the locations they mentioned.

/\ /\ /\ /\ This is why I believe Hilton HLT/Blackstone may be cooking a strategic offer for HGV to counter Apollo Diamond. Who knows if they execute all of these but these partial hotel conversions are a strategic initiative they have been pursuing that goes far beyond HGV as it exist today.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
•Aruba
•Auckland NZ

They also mentioned a partnership with Royal Caribbean cruise line separate from the usual other partners.

Back in August, the quarterly investors call mentioned a fee for service resort in The Smokies.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
•Aruba
•Auckland NZ

I was hoping for SF. Oh well all good comes to those who wait (I hope) :rolleyes:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
•Aruba
•Auckland NZ

Blackstone owns Hotel del Coronado - this probably doesn't get done if Apollo buys HGV.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
I think they mentioned SF, too. But it was a whirlwind of info thrown at me. Most of it useful until they got to the sales pitch.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Blackstone owns Hotel del Coronado - this probably doesn't get done if Apollo buys HGV.

Blackstone is huge investment firm, they own many hotels, not just Hilton properties. For example they owned the Marriott Waikaloa at they same time they owned the entire Hilton chain.

Anything is possible.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Currently at Hyatt Residence Club. We are going for a drive later so I’ll try to cruise by the HGV construction site and have a look.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
7346789a1eec50069656acfda48ec0ee.jpg

So far so good in Maui.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Currently at Hyatt Residence Club. We are going for a drive later so I’ll try to cruise by the HGV construction site and have a look.

We are currently at Residence Inn in Wailea and drove by the HGVC site the other day. Nothing new to report other than they continue to work on it. Can’t see much due to the high draped fencing.

Today is beautiful down here. The clearest day we have had so far. Looking forward to moving up to Ka’anapali on Tuesday.

Best regards.

Mike

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You would think they could fast track some of these Hawaii construction projects given the report at the investor call about lack of high point units to sell/upgrade folks.

I walked by Ocean Tower last week and nothing going on at all, just some ground clearing and sidewalk pours for what appears to be a drop off spot. We saw several vans dropping off people by driving in the service entrance next to the golf course.

There is a big new shopping center going in at Waikoloa Village, Foodland, Ace Hardware, restaurants, etc. Stiff competition for the small market already there. The lot is cleared and leveled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Back in August, the quarterly investors call mentioned a fee for service resort in The Smokies.

What is a "fee for service resort". Aren't all hotels fee for service resorts?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Fee-for-service and collection properties are properties that were funded and constructed by a third-party developer. Collection properties are properties that were contributed by a third party during Hilton’s joint venture with Grand Vacations or prior to the spin-off. A developed property is a property that was funded and constructed by Hilton Grand Vacations or acquired through a just-in-time arrangement. Hilton Grand Vacations also manages the operation of the developed properties.

Check this link

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

@GT75 has it correct. Examples of fee for service resorts are the South Carolina resorts that were funded and built by Strand Capital and are sold and managed by HGVC. Blackstone has partnered with HGVC on several resorts and Grand Pacific partnered with HGVC on MarBrisa.

A developed resort are those that HGVC funded, built, sold and managed. Flamingo and Sea World are examples of that.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Fee-for-service and collection properties are properties that were funded and constructed by a third-party developer. Collection properties are properties that were contributed by a third party during Hilton’s joint venture with Grand Vacations or prior to the spin-off. A developed property is a property that was funded and constructed by Hilton Grand Vacations or acquired through a just-in-time arrangement. Hilton Grand Vacations also manages the operation of the developed properties.

Check this link

So as HGVC members do we care who funded and constructed the property? If the weeks are automatically deposited in the points system on January 1 of each year, owners get points for that deposit, and can be exchanged to using the HGVC Website and Points then it is an HGVC property, as opposed to the Affiliates that must deposit their weeks if they want to obtain points to use in the HGVC system.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So as HGVC members do we care who funded and constructed the property? If the weeks are automatically deposited in the points system on January 1 of each year, owners get points for that deposit, and can be exchanged to using the HGVC Website and Points then it is an HGVC property, as opposed to the Affiliates that must deposit their weeks if they want to obtain points to use in the HGVC system.

You shouldn’t. It’s a joint operation and, unlike affiliates, these are mandatory enrollment resorts. There are some curveball situations, but they are all mandatory to enroll.

Anderson Ocean Club started as full year ownerships and you can still buy those today (there’s an ocean front 3 bedroom in the 3rd floor selling for $424,000). Interesting tidbit about Anderson is that it’s managed by Wyndham’s property management division, Oceana! Yet, HGVC is contracted to sell the timeshare units of the club and the signage is all HGVC.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You shouldn’t. It’s a joint operation and, unlike affiliates, these are mandatory enrollment resorts. There are some curveball situations, but they are all mandatory to enroll.

Anderson Ocean Club started as full year ownerships and you can still buy those today (there’s an ocean front 3 bedroom in the 3rd floor selling for $424,000). Interesting tidbit about Anderson is that it’s managed by Wyndham’s property management division, Oceana! Yet, HGVC is contracted to sell the timeshare units of the club and the signage is all HGVC.

I would have no interest in going to or buying whole property at Anderson Ocean in South Carolina even though at $424K it seems like a very good price. However, I would be interested in buying a 2 BR at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, but I think the price would be so high that I couldn't afford it. So interested that we bought a 2 BR right across the street from the Kalia Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would have no interest in going to or buying whole property at Anderson Ocean in South Carolina even though at $424K it seems like a very good price. However, I would be interested in buying a 2 BR at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, but I think the price would be so high that I couldn't afford it. So interested that we bought a 2 BR right across the street from the Kalia Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

HGVC doesn’t have access to all of Anderson. When Strand Capital couldn’t sell enough full ownership condos, they brought HGVC in as a partner and they sold out pretty quickly. Because they couldn’t sell those condos, a partnership was created that gave us Ocean 22, Ocean Enclave, Ocean Oaks and soon to be the bHC resort in Charleston (Liberty Square I believe).

If I could afford that condo, I would buy it. $424,000 is a little out of my wheelhouse, though.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
HGVC doesn’t have access to all of Anderson. When Strand Capital couldn’t sell enough full ownership condos, they brought HGVC in as a partner and they sold out pretty quickly. Because they couldn’t sell those condos, a partnership was created that gave us Ocean 22, Ocean Enclave, Ocean Oaks and soon to be the bHC resort in Charleston (Liberty Square I believe).

If I could afford that condo, I would buy it. $424,000 is a little out of my wheelhouse, though.

I heard there was a similar situation with Sunrise. However I am not sure if wholly owned condos were ever sold. I believe that mixed use is a future trend. Whether it is hotel/HGV conversion or HGV/Condo. It is a way to add more locations into the system without the risk of an entire complex and the defaults that may go with it.

HGV will continue with full developments in locations where they are reasonably certain of an ROI e.g. Maui.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I heard there was a similar situation with Sunrise. However I am not sure if wholly owned condos were ever sold.

I think that the original developer of Sunrise for wholly owned condos when bankrupt before any where sold. HGVC came in and partnered with someone investment company to sell Sunrise. HGVC has now bought out the investment company and has total ownership.