• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where are new HGVC resorts planned?

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Are there any rumours or news of potential new HGVC resorts? We know they opened Barbados, and announced Charleston and Maui. Are there any other new resort rumours circulating? I would be particularly interested in Phoenix.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Added this to the list of upcoming HGVC and bHC properties:

Officially Announced

1. Saint Philip, Barbados: HGVC @ The Crane (conversion; 2Q 2019)
2. The Quin by Hilton Club, bHC New York, New York (conversion)
3. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: HGVC @ Los Cabos Hilton (conversion)
4. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago HGVC (conversion; 2H 2019)
5. Ocean Tower, BI HGVC (conversion; Phase I avail now)
6. Waikiki, bHC (new build?)
7. Okinawa, Japan tbd (new build)
8. Charleston, SC, bHC (new build) (corrected/edited)
9. Kihei, Maui HGVC (new build; Phase I - 133 units 2020)
10. The Central at 5th, NYC, bHC (new build, Q1,Q2 2020)

Rumored

1. Turtle Bay, HI: HGVC @ Turtle Bay "rumored"
  2. Ambergris Caye, Belize: Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club @ HGVC "rumored"
  3. San Francisco, CA: "rumored"
  4. China: "rumored"

From a different thread.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
I see 3 different categories here and just being a relative newbie at HGVC, I'm a bit confused if I can stay at some of these. Our points are 2 x 7000 Club Points at the Las Vegas Boulevard.
I see the categories bHC and BI HGVC Ocean Tower. Are we able to trade in to these categories of resorts?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
There are actually 2 categories:

HGVC - Ocean Tower trades at 9 months in this group. GI and Hukoulani at 6 months.

By Hilton Club (bHC) - club within the HGVC Club with limited booking windows for non-owners at 60 days.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see 3 different categories here and just being a relative newbie at HGVC, I'm a bit confused if I can stay at some of these. Our points are 2 x 7000 Club Points at the Las Vegas Boulevard.
I see the categories bHC and BI HGVC Ocean Tower. Are we able to trade in to these categories of resorts?

BI is an abbreviation for "big island" in this case. That is a regular HGVC property.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are actually 2 categories:

HGVC - Ocean Tower trades at 9 months in this group. GI and Hukoulani at 6 months.

By Hilton Club (bHC) - club within the HGVC Club with limited booking windows for non-owners at 60 days.

I guess sort of a third if one counts Hilton Club New Yrok (HCNY) as it's own category since it is exclusive to owners there and not other hHC.

Cheers.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Seems surprising to me that Chicago was a regular property but Cabo ends up a "bHC."

I guess that means the FA Cabo property won't be leaving the portfolio.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Does Hilton have private security forces there in Cabo?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@4Sunsets are you a troll? You make this statement, and then on the Vistana forum you state that few Vistanas are Marriott caliber so Marriott got a bad deal...(???)

Last edited:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I just noticed from the issue of the Club Traveler that came out recently, that the Los Cabos location will be a by Hilton Club location. The official name is La Pacifica Los Cabos by Hilton Club.

https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c..._campaign=us-clu-hgv-201905&utm_content=arti1
Interesting to note that this is a byHC's, I guess Cabo now is commanding high per night hotel rates given other comments about why or why not new properties get the byHC designation, I guess that should be no surprise. I am still concerned about this "club within a club" concept when discussing byHC. I own one and have concerned. If I owned "just" in HGVC given the recent increase in numbers of byHCs I would definitely be concerned. They are openly expanding but given previous HGVC owners only limited (or no) access. Not trying to get ugly about things but raising the issue for discussion. What do owners of just / only HGVC properties feel about this?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If I owned "just" in HGVC given the recent increase in numbers of byHCs I would definitely be concerned.
I fall into that category, and I am not really concerned. First, not all new properties are bHC. Second, we are just talking about new properties -- I can still book the same number of properties (or more) now as I could when I bought. I thought I got good value when I bought (otherwise I wouldn't have purchased), so why would that change when I still have access to the same or more properties now?

Kurt

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The Los Cabos announcement would bother me IF they were severing the relationship with Fiesta Americana. One could blame this for the point inflation at the Fiesta Americana there, but I thought it was a rare point bargain before the increase. My belief is the bHC purchasers are at as much or more risk for future devaluation than us mere HGVCers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still concerned about this "club within a club" concept when discussing byHC. I own one and have concerned. If I owned "just" in HGVC given the recent increase in numbers of byHCs I would definitely be concerned. They are openly expanding but given previous HGVC owners only limited (or no) access. Not trying to get ugly about things but raising the issue for discussion. What do owners of just / only HGVC properties feel about this?

So we own bHC at W. 57th. However, with regard to new bHC properties, I consider us pretty much the same as those who own "just HGVC." Why? I do not see using our W. 57th bHC points anywhere other than W. 57th. Little interest (at this point) in using these points at other bHC locations. So, the only thing I have to access the new bHC is "just" the HGVC points. And this doesn't bother me, for reasons mentioned. I can still book what I can already book.

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting to note that this is a byHC's, I guess Cabo now is commanding high per night hotel rates given other comments about why or why not new properties get the byHC designation, I guess that should be no surprise. I am still concerned about this "club within a club" concept when discussing byHC. I own one and have concerned. If I owned "just" in HGVC given the recent increase in numbers of byHCs I would definitely be concerned. They are openly expanding but given previous HGVC owners only limited (or no) access. Not trying to get ugly about things but raising the issue for discussion. What do owners of just / only HGVC properties feel about this?

I was concerned for awhile, but there seems to be a difference between the resorts. bHC seems to be more urban, hotel like properties while regular HGVC seem to be more traditional vacation spots. Yes, Vegas is urban and the new Cabo is more traditional, but we really don’t know if Cabo will be a traditional vacation resort either. As long as they continue to bring in new regular HGVC resorts, I’m fine. I’m more worried about the increase in points many of the new resorts, but there are enough resorts to keep me happy.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The Los Cabos announcement would bother me IF they were severing the relationship with Fiesta Americana. One could blame this for the point inflation at the Fiesta Americana there, but I thought it was a rare point bargain before the increase. My belief is the bHC purchasers are at as much or more risk for future devaluation than us mere HGVCers.

Did they change all FA points requirements or just the Cabo location?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
For now, just the Cabo location.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
@4Sunsets are you a troll? You make this statement, and then on the Vistana forum you state that few Vistanas are Marriott caliber so Marriott got a bad deal...(???)

Been here contributing for weeks, as you well know. I don't have to agree with what's posted and am free to make comments and observations. Given the tens of thousands of drug murders in Mexico, asking about security, not a legit question? Or did I really need to spell out why I was asking about security for you? Geez.

Also, if I dislike certain Vistana, I'm not allowed to talk about it in a thread dedicated to Vistana re Marriott? Seriously? I guess GOD complex would be close to the mark?

And as a reminder to observers, lots of people who post here regularly and seem to be helpers are part of sales/resales. That should be a requirement to list this is a disclaimer @calgal.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
And as a reminder to observers, lots of people who post here regularly and seem to be helpers are part of sales/resales

'Lots', 'post regularly' 'sales/resales' ??- Very misleading statement IMO.

Does Hilton have private security forces there in Cabo?

This may be a legit question, but appears to be a random off topic question. If you really want this question answered, suggest you start a new thread or post on a thread with this as the topic. (there are many)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@4Sunsets LoL nothing to disclose. I've been called a lot of names, but never a timeshare salesperson or broker!

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
So we own bHC at W. 57th. However, with regard to new bHC properties, I consider us pretty much the same as those who own "just HGVC." Why? I do not see using our W. 57th bHC points anywhere other than W. 57th. Little interest (at this point) in using these points at other bHC locations. So, the only thing I have to access the new bHC is "just" the HGVC points. And this doesn't bother me, for reasons mentioned. I can still book what I can already book.

Cheers.
First off thanks for the replies on on this issue which is somewhat off topic for this thread. Secondly I want to make it clear that in no way am I saying HGVC, or for that matter byHC, are any lesser a club/properties than they other. Quite honestly I own byHC and as many here know I have questioned the wisdom of that. Many times I have stated that I am kind of sorry I didn't buy at 57th St. which is a HGVC property (not byHC).
brp, I own at the HCNY and feel much like you know. I basically won't use those points anywhere else. I have been there now twice and really like the property for what it is. I only wish I could add to my HGVC properties by buying, let's say in Vegas, and then use those points at my home property should I need/want to down the road. Currently I can't. I know there are other options for point use in NYC including 57th St. and will explore those in the future. Thanks again to all.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First off thanks for the replies on on this issue which is somewhat off topic for this thread. Secondly I want to make it clear that in no way am I saying HGVC, or for that matter byHC, are any lesser a club/properties than they other. Quite honestly I own byHC and as many here know I have questioned the wisdom of that. Many times I have stated that I am kind of sorry I didn't buy at 57th St. which is a HGVC property (not byHC).
brp, I own at the HCNY and feel much like you know. I basically won't use those points anywhere else. I have been there now twice and really like the property for what it is. I only wish I could add to my HGVC properties by buying, let's say in Vegas, and then use those points at my home property should I need/want to down the road. Currently I can't. I know there are other options for point use in NYC including 57th St. and will explore those in the future. Thanks again to all.

A couple of things. W57th is a bHC property and fall under the bHC booking rules. Yes, you get to book regular HGVC properties at 9 months, but you can't use Vegas (or any other regular HGVC points) until 59 days out. Like it or not (I don't), this keeps people buying bHC. I know you were told the complete truth by your salesman and I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you learn to enjoy your purchase.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
A couple of things. W57th is a bHC property and fall under the bHC booking rules. Yes, you get to book regular HGVC properties at 9 months, but you can't use Vegas (or any other regular HGVC points) until 59 days out. Like it or not (I don't), this keeps people buying bHC. I know you were told the complete truth by your salesman and I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you learn to enjoy your purchase.
Well since I've been confused about this since day one it is hard for me to argue. But years back when I first went to 57th St to look at the property just post construction there was literally NO mention of byHC, I am not even sure the concept existed then. My brother actually bought property there at that time and I held off. He considers it a HGVC property, he doesn't even know what byHC is (he now does). Claims no mention to him when he bought into it years ago. He uses his points from 57th St. everywhere (with the exception of HCNY) with the stated time restrictions. What I don't like about all of this is you seemingly can't get a straight answer from anyone. When I was in NYC last month they clammed up when I asked about much of this and directed me to another rep who never got back to me when I emailed him about my questions and concerns. I even stopped by the office on 57th St and was told to come back later (at a time I couldn't). Basically they just want to sell you and could care about what happens down the road.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well since I've been confused about this since day one it is hard for me to argue. But years back when I first went to 57th St to look at the property just post construction there was literally NO mention of byHC, I am not even sure the concept existed then. My brother actually bought property there at that time and I held off. He considers it a HGVC property, he doesn't even know what byHC is (he now does). Claims no mention to him when he bought into it years ago. He uses his points from 57th St. everywhere (with the exception of HCNY) with the stated time restrictions. What I don't like about all of this is you seemingly can't get a straight answer from anyone. When I was in NYC last month they clammed up when I asked about much of this and directed me to another rep who never got back to me when I emailed him about my questions and concerns. I even stopped by the office on 57th St and was told to come back later (at a time I couldn't). Basically they just want to sell you and could care about what happens down the road.

At one point, there was a loop hole that allowed bHC members to use regular HGVC points at bHC properties. They have since closed that loophole. If you want a straight answer, call the customer service number. I have had great luck with them answering my questions. Sales people are there to sell the units. They will tell you anything to get you to buy. Customer service is there to assist you and they do a great job of it. Call them with your questions, not the sales staff.