• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

whats the going resale rate for star options

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
i have a friend who might be willing to sell me his vistana villages week.
I dont know the details yet. it is two bedroom and the mf is 750.00.
I will find out how many options it is worth soon

It is a mandatory week so I can use star options.
any ideas what these weeks are worth per pt.

thanks

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Glorian posted this in response to another question.
grgs said:
I've been tracking Starwood resales on e-Bay for over a year now. For a Vistana Villages prime season 2 bedroom (non LO) unit worth 81,000 SO the prices have ranged from $7,000 to $10,302 (average approx. $8,428).

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
One worth 81K SOs ended recently on ebay for $11,000.

If you go to the Hotel-Based Timeshare Systems board, you will find a number of threads on Vistana Villages. I've read of prices anywhere from $6500-11,000 for VV 2 bedrooms with 81K SOs.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
One worth 81K SOs ended recently on ebay for $11,000.

If you go to the Hotel-Based Timeshare Systems board, you will find a number of threads on Vistana Villages. I've read of prices anywhere from $6500-11,000 for VV 2 bedrooms with 81K SOs.

I only track certain Marriotts on ebay, but from what I've seen there have been some very high sale prices there lately. There are several VV 81,000 Staroptions packages on MRN for less than 11k right now. Maybe some ebay bidders are getting lazy and not checking other sources because they assume ebay has the best deals.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Wow i was looking at this old thread from 2007. Look how much prices have gone down.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Oh, well now that makes sense. I was thinking that the prices had gone up and hadn't looked at the OP date.

If you are looking into Hawaii (I saw you asked at the Hyatt Ka'anapali), you might want to consider a 2 bed lockoff oceanfront at the old Westins on Maui with mandatory SO's. Those are very nice, but the fees are high.

A note about MRN, I have noticed a decrease in activity with my ads and also noticed the lack of ads for resorts that are heavily advertised on Redweek. Redweek is really getting big.