• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What made you buy Starwood

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
tomandrobin--just wondering about your quote that "multi-week owners have a booking advantage over single week owners". This is the first I have heard of it and I was wondering if you could please elaborate. As you are most aware, knowledge is power.

I'm not Tom OR Robin, but perhaps he is referring to chaining multiple weeks into one reservation. For instance, folks who own 2 weeks at the same resort can call at 12 months out and reserve two consecutive weeks with one phone call. This ultimately gives them a one week advantage over single week owners for that second week.

Caveat is that you have to own at the same resort. Marriott, I believe, gives all multi-week owners a month leg up.

If you own three weeks, you'd have a two week advantage, etc.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not Tom OR Robin, but perhaps he is referring to chaining multiple weeks into one reservation. For instance, folks who own 2 weeks at the same resort can call at 12 months out and reserve two consecutive weeks with one phone call. This ultimately gives them a one week advantage over single week owners for that second week.

Caveat is that you have to own at the same resort. Marriott, I believe, gives all multi-week owners a month leg up.

If you own three weeks, you'd have a two week advantage, etc.

I'm always learning something new on this board. I'm wondering if the advantage applies when you split your Staroptions for a two week stay at your home resort? Also, if you own in both sides (North and South) at WKORV and want two consecutive weeks, do you have to make two separate reservations 12 months out (a week apart), or can you book them at the same time?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm always learning something new on this board. I'm wondering if the advantage applies when you split your Staroptions for a two week stay at your home resort? Also, if you own in both sides (North and South) at WKORV and want two consecutive weeks, do you have to make two separate reservations 12 months out (a week apart), or can you book them at the same time?

Last I read, you can book a split reservation (studio one week; 1 bdrm the second) at the same time. I also recall that your 2nd week is automatically booked a few hours before 9am, which gives those who do this a slight edge.

However, everyone who owns a 2 bdrm lockout can use this "advantage" so there's no priority for multi-week owners.

Last edited:

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
PamMo, ... "I'm wondering if the advantage applies when you split your Staroptions for a two week stay at your home resort? Also, if you own in both sides (North and South) at WKORV and want two consecutive weeks, do you have to make two separate reservations 12 months out (a week apart), or can you book them at the same time?"

Splitting, it applies. I own 3 Platinum Plus weeks of 2-br lockoffs at Lagunamar (due to EOY issues, effectively 2 weeks per year). Every year I can make one reservation of 4 straight weeks of Platinum Plus use at Lagunamar at 12 months from the date of arrival. When I retire, I intend to spend a month sitting in the sun in Cancun at Lagunamar every winter. 4 weeks of heat; 1 air fare.

WKORV and WKORV-N? I would assume 2 separate HOA boards and 2 separate reservations. I don't own anything in Hawaii. So, I don't know for sure.

BTW, this is not a multiple week advantage for SVN members in reserving since it can be achieved with a single split 2-br lockoff week. ... eom

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

As Jarta indicated, WKORV and WKORV-N are two distinct resorts in SVN so I imagine you'd have to book them separately.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies, everyone. I thought that might be the case. I have some planning to do if I want to take an extended vacation in Maui in 2012. (I bought last August and the wait for ROFR seemed to take forever, only to be put on the long wait list for our deeds to be recognized by Starwood... one day we'll be owners, I hope!!!!)

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Knowing that if I own two weeks at the same resort that I can book them consecutively really makes a difference. I always thought of buying another Harborside so this info really helps. Again thanks to all who posted.

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
PamMo, ... "I'm wondering if the advantage applies when you split your Staroptions for a two week stay at your home resort? Also, if you own in both sides (North and South) at WKORV and want two consecutive weeks, do you have to make two separate reservations 12 months out (a week apart), or can you book them at the same time?"

Splitting, it applies. I own 3 Platinum Plus weeks of 2-br lockoffs at Lagunamar (due to EOY issues, effectively 2 weeks per year). Every year I can make one reservation of 4 straight weeks of Platinum Plus use at Lagunamar at 12 months from the date of arrival. When I retire, I intend to spend a month sitting in the sun in Cancun at Lagunamar every winter. 4 weeks of heat; 1 air fare.

WKORV and WKORV-N? I would assume 2 separate HOA boards and 2 separate reservations. I don't own anything in Hawaii. So, I don't know for sure.

BTW, this is not a multiple week advantage for SVN members in reserving since it can be achieved with a single split 2-br lockoff week. ... eom

Does that strategy really work? I thought if you changed unit types, a different reservation was required. If you book a 1BR for 2 weeks, then switch to the studio for 2 more weeks, isn't that 2 reservations? And, can the second reservation be made at the same time as the first, i.e. 54 weeks ahead?