• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Kind of French Fry are You?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Your astrological sign determines what kind of french fry you are.
Yes - It's a thing. Millennials are reportedly responsible for this.
From www.soyummy.com --

Sign: Aquarius - Sonic's Chili Cheese Tater Tots
Leave it to you to be a French fry that's, well...not actually a French fry. As an independent sign, you're the type to skirt around conventionality as you aim to be different. And what could be more different than a fast food restaurant serving tater tots? And not just your average tots, but crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside tater tots with chili and cheese on top.

Sign: Pisces - Chick-fil-A's Waffle Fries
Everyone loves waffle fries, and especially loves Chick-fil-A's waffle fries. Obviously that's the kind of fry you'd be — as everyone simply adores you. With a soul as sweet as Polynesian sauce, it's no wonder why! Plus, waffled-shaped fries were clearly created within a foodie's imagination, which is definitely your territory.

Sign: Cancer - Shake Shack's Crinkle-Cut Fries
These fries are slightly crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside — just like the crab of Cancer. And honestly, we chose these fries for you because you pretty much have to pair them with one of the Shack's milkshakes. We say that because if there's anything you can (and should) drown your many emotions in, it's a sweet shake.

Sign: Gemini - Burger King's Chicken Fries
For someone who sees things as either black or white, we had to go with a controversial choice. Chicken fries might not actually be fries, but for someone who's adaptable, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that they taste good with that classic King honey mustard. These "fries" are certainly for the curious among us (we're looking at you).

Sign: Scorpio - Popeyes' Cajun Fries
"If they can't take the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen" is your motto. Fortunately, you can always take the heat. As a passionate person with a penchant for the darker side of life, you need a fry with a little ~spice~, the type of fry you wouldn't bring home to mom. Add a side of Buffalo Bayou sauce and you're good to go.

Sign: Aries - Taco Bell's Nacho Fries
When pondering on a fry that's as intense and "all in" as you are, we couldn't help but think of Nacho Fries. Nachos and fries? Now that's a lot to handle. They're described as "bodly seasoned," which is the most Aries phrase we've ever heard. While they may not be a classic fry, they are certainly stubborn in their uniqueness. Sound familiar?

Sign: Sagittarius - In-N-Out's Animal-Style Fries
If you're looking for a French fry that transports you to a different place, look no further than this Cali classic. Though it's on the secret menu, everyone knows about it — but that hasn't stopped you from feeling cool and independent when you place your order. Cheese, grilled onions, and extra sauce are all you need to feel like you're on the West Coast.

Sign: Taurus - Arby's Curly Fries
Everyone knows that Arby's curly fries are a delicacy, and if there's one person who likes a delicacy (or two), it's you. Though you can be stubborn about your opinions, no one can argue with you here. I mean, who would pass up an opportunity to try what many call the best fast food fries out there? Though we don't need to tell you twice, you should seriously treat yo 'self.

Sign: Virgo - Ore-Ida Frozen Fries
Okay, though these might not be classified as "fast food," they are still fast...and are still food. We also have a feeling you'd argue that they're a classic — especially since these fries can be customized. As a zodiac sign who's all about the details, you can make these fries your ideal guilty pleasure — make them crispy, cheesy, garlic-y. Follow your heart. You work hard and deserve it.

Sign: Capricorn - McDonald's Fries
You're responsible. You don't like to dawdle. You're serious about what you want. Combined, these three traits often guide you toward the most practical choice. And what's quicker and easier than hitting the McDonald's drive-thru for some of the world's most famous fries? You don't want to waste your time with those imposters. You want the real deal (just make sure you exercise your self-control).

Sign: Leo - Dunkin' Donuts Donut Fries
While they're not your everyday potato fries, Dunkin's new creation certainly takes the cake (and steals the spotlight). Fortunately, there is one zodiac sign out there who knows how to handle an audience — and yes, we're talking about you. Now put on a cute outfit, grab your fries, and snap the most #extra Instagram photo you can muster. We know you won't disappoint.

Sign: Libra - KFC Potato Wedges
KFC does an amazing job at balancing out the seasoning on their fries, just like you do an amazing job at balancing out everything in your life. Yet...you do have an indecisive personality, so it's good that these are the only fries at KFC (and thank goodness they're delicious, so they appeal to your love of luxury). With these fries, you get the best of best worlds.

That's what they said.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
None of the above, thank you very much. And I'm a Virgo, so definitely not any type of frozen fry. I'm not wasting the calories or fat content on anything less than a genuine, twice-fried, original Belgian frite!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: And I have yet to find one that rises to the level of those in Brussels anywhere in North America. Sigh. :bawl:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'm a waffle fry... which I consider way cool.
DW is jealous.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love french fries but donut fries?! No, thank you. I should have been a Taurus because I love Arby's curly fries.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of all of these are grown and processed within 50-150 miles of my home. I made a good living trucking them all over this great country.

Jim

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The vast majority of all of these are grown and processed within 50-150 miles of my home. I made a good living trucking them all over this great country.

Do you get a chance to sample the product?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah. McCain Foods and Simplot and Ore-Ida all have plants around here and show up at all the local shindigs. They also have company stores and occasionally sell to the community. Marie Callendar pies, Banquet bacon & sausages as well as the potato products. Chobani and Clif Bar also have their biggest plants in town. We have 5 large dutch cheese plants in the area and produce over 90% of the world's farm raised rainbow trout. We are a real center of agricultural food processing. We turn over 3 million pounds of milk into cheese and yogurt A DAY. EVERY DAY.

Jim

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When I'm working in one of the plants, my on-site host will often make arrangements to have the QA lab deliver to us a lunch time the QA kitchen surplus from one of the recent batches.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Your astrological sign determines what kind of french fry you are.
Yes - It's a thing. Millennials are reportedly responsible for this.
From www.soyummy.com --

Sign: Aquarius - Sonic's Chili Cheese Tater Tots
Leave it to you to be a French fry that's, well...not actually a French fry. As an independent sign, you're the type to skirt around conventionality as you aim to be different. And what could be more different than a fast food restaurant serving tater tots? And not just your average tots, but crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside tater tots with chili and cheese on top.

Sign: Pisces - Chick-fil-A's Waffle Fries
Everyone loves waffle fries, and especially loves Chick-fil-A's waffle fries. Obviously that's the kind of fry you'd be — as everyone simply adores you. With a soul as sweet as Polynesian sauce, it's no wonder why! Plus, waffled-shaped fries were clearly created within a foodie's imagination, which is definitely your territory.

Sign: Cancer - Shake Shack's Crinkle-Cut Fries
These fries are slightly crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside — just like the crab of Cancer. And honestly, we chose these fries for you because you pretty much have to pair them with one of the Shack's milkshakes. We say that because if there's anything you can (and should) drown your many emotions in, it's a sweet shake.

Sign: Gemini - Burger King's Chicken Fries
For someone who sees things as either black or white, we had to go with a controversial choice. Chicken fries might not actually be fries, but for someone who's adaptable, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that they taste good with that classic King honey mustard. These "fries" are certainly for the curious among us (we're looking at you).

Sign: Scorpio - Popeyes' Cajun Fries
"If they can't take the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen" is your motto. Fortunately, you can always take the heat. As a passionate person with a penchant for the darker side of life, you need a fry with a little ~spice~, the type of fry you wouldn't bring home to mom. Add a side of Buffalo Bayou sauce and you're good to go.

Sign: Aries - Taco Bell's Nacho Fries
When pondering on a fry that's as intense and "all in" as you are, we couldn't help but think of Nacho Fries. Nachos and fries? Now that's a lot to handle. They're described as "bodly seasoned," which is the most Aries phrase we've ever heard. While they may not be a classic fry, they are certainly stubborn in their uniqueness. Sound familiar?

Sign: Sagittarius - In-N-Out's Animal-Style Fries
If you're looking for a French fry that transports you to a different place, look no further than this Cali classic. Though it's on the secret menu, everyone knows about it — but that hasn't stopped you from feeling cool and independent when you place your order. Cheese, grilled onions, and extra sauce are all you need to feel like you're on the West Coast.

Sign: Taurus - Arby's Curly Fries
Everyone knows that Arby's curly fries are a delicacy, and if there's one person who likes a delicacy (or two), it's you. Though you can be stubborn about your opinions, no one can argue with you here. I mean, who would pass up an opportunity to try what many call the best fast food fries out there? Though we don't need to tell you twice, you should seriously treat yo 'self.

Sign: Virgo - Ore-Ida Frozen Fries
Okay, though these might not be classified as "fast food," they are still fast...and are still food. We also have a feeling you'd argue that they're a classic — especially since these fries can be customized. As a zodiac sign who's all about the details, you can make these fries your ideal guilty pleasure — make them crispy, cheesy, garlic-y. Follow your heart. You work hard and deserve it.

Sign: Capricorn - McDonald's Fries
You're responsible. You don't like to dawdle. You're serious about what you want. Combined, these three traits often guide you toward the most practical choice. And what's quicker and easier than hitting the McDonald's drive-thru for some of the world's most famous fries? You don't want to waste your time with those imposters. You want the real deal (just make sure you exercise your self-control).

Sign: Leo - Dunkin' Donuts Donut Fries
While they're not your everyday potato fries, Dunkin's new creation certainly takes the cake (and steals the spotlight). Fortunately, there is one zodiac sign out there who knows how to handle an audience — and yes, we're talking about you. Now put on a cute outfit, grab your fries, and snap the most #extra Instagram photo you can muster. We know you won't disappoint.

Sign: Libra - KFC Potato Wedges
KFC does an amazing job at balancing out the seasoning on their fries, just like you do an amazing job at balancing out everything in your life. Yet...you do have an indecisive personality, so it's good that these are the only fries at KFC (and thank goodness they're delicious, so they appeal to your love of luxury). With these fries, you get the best of best worlds.

That's what they said.
A notable omission - sweet potato fries.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
They're for those who deny the 'science' of astrology.
I guess that makes me a sweet potato fry, then.

I did have a nice working at the Alexa facility in Louisiana. They were running vanilla fries that day.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
None of the above for me either! I prefer a nice crinkle cut!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No way! This is so inaccurate, it describes neither me nor the kind I like to eat. Mine shows my most disliked brand, rather than the only one I do love.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
No way! This is so inaccurate, it describes neither me nor the kind I like to eat. Mine shows my most disliked brand, rather than the only one I do love.

You may be from an inverse universe where attributes of astrological signs are reversed.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Tater tots and Joe Joe's didn't fit the astrological traits I guess. I'm not a french fry guy buy I do like fry sauce with tater tots.

Bill

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Cancer here but I don't go to Shake Shack nor do I like crinkle-cut fries. If I had to choose one of the above, I guess it would be McDonalds as I like a thin, crisp french fry.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I got an Air Fryer a bit ago and make my own.

Cheers

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Tater tots and Joe Joe's didn't fit the astrological traits I guess. I'm not a french fry guy buy I do like fry sauce with tater tots.

Bill

More than you may have wanted to know about Tots and fries :)

Tater Tots have an interesting back story. The people who invented the Tater Tot were trying to figure out a better use for unsalable potato remnants. Sometimes those were remnants after making French fries. Other times they were potatoes that were partially rotten or were so misshapen they could not be sold as whole potatoes or used to make French fries. Those remnants generally were being sold as low-value animal feed, one step above "culls", which generally wind up in landfills.

They had the idea of taking the good portions of those remants, chopping them into pieces, coating them with a seasoned batter, and forming the mixture into a product to be deep-fired like a french fry. At first this was just a way to recover more value from potato, and accordingly Tots were priced below fries. But they soon learned that the process of chopping a potato into pieces, coating with a batter, and reforming the mixture, resulted in a product that was more flavorful because the battering allowed the flavorings to be distributed through the product instead of being limited to the surface of the fry. Also, because this was chopped product instead of a whole potato piece, inside the fryer the fryer oils penetrated more deeply into the product.

At that point, the Tots reached a price point where they were more valuable than fries. So the inventors of Tots ended up taking something that was only one step above discard, and converting it to something that was second only to fresh-pack restaurant sales in product value. (Fresh-pack sales to restaurants that serve custom products are the most lucrative part of the potato business.)

A classic case of creative thinking converting a waste into a valuable product.