• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the difference between the Hyatts at Beaver Creek

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I am a new owner at Coconut Plantation and was looking to stay some place else next year. What is the difference between Hyatt Residence Club at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and Hyatt Residence Beaver Creek Mountain Lodge.

My next questions is how hard is it to exchange points for other units. I was looking on the site and one and two days are there, but longer stays are not. I think I would like to stay 4 days at different places. Do I just need to keep checking as I can be somewhat flexible or put in a request only for certain time periods.

Regards
Donna

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I wish I knew which one we stayed in a few years ago. We got a free week from a member here and couldn't believe the unit and how gorgeous it was. The units are a 10. Everything about it, right down to the daily housekeeping and the two king beds, beautifully furnished. I would guess it was the Residences. The interiors were very plush.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
The PH is ski in ski out with a lift and concierge right outside. While near each other in the village, the ML is sorta ski in-ski out with a walk through another building, some stairs and an elevator ride, then a sorta circuitous trail to the lift.

As far as units, the PH have bigger units. The ML doesn't have a dining room/area (at least in the 2BR I stayed in) so you go from kitchen with barstools to living area.

The ML has a free continental breakfast in the lobby. The PH has a very expensive restaurant.

The PH was much harder to get into during the peak season. It is only one wing of the hotel. We were able to get the ML during peak season with some, but less, effort. Our stay was 4 days.

I don't have great insight into timing as I'm relatively new to the Hyatt system, but I know with some these fixed week resorts, owners have to give up their week, which can happen at any time, but often happens closer to the end of the year.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Availability is usually at 6 months out. THE pH is very high end and a great place to stay . We usually only get in off season. The other is quite nice too but more rustic in furnishings and much easier to get. We typically do 4 or 7 nights

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Park Hyatt has a fun water station with multiple mineral pools and heated lounges. For hotel guests it is $50 per day but if staying on the residence club it is free., a nice perk. It is part of the spa

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Park Hyatt has a fun water station with multiple mineral pools and heated lounges. For hotel guests it is $50 per day but if staying on the residence club it is free., a nice perk. It is part of the spa

As I was reading what you wrote, I was thinking “how did I miss this?” Then read that it’s part of the spa. Ah, right, I should have been checking out the spa instead of hurting my hip on the bunny hill. :).

Thanks, I won’t miss it next time.

itap39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt WOR
The PH is my goal in life, to stay here and ski there. We stayed at the ML in the summer, offseason. Its OK, basic. We toured the PH across the street and its amazing! Everything about it. But its impossible to get. There are less than 20 units I think, and the owners hold their weeks and sell locally....for big bucks. $15k-$30k a week. So they never push their weeks back into inventory! If someone owns here, I would love to trade into it for a ski week. If anyone has any tips or owner contacts, I'd love to chat with them.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't own at the Park Hyatt, but have stayed there many times in the offseason and summer. I had a couple of reservations last year that were cancelled due to COVID and have one in the early ski season this December. I've got my fingers crossed.

Availability is hard for a couple of reasons:
1) There are only 15 units
2) The owners paid a mint for their units.
3) The maintenance fees are soooo high

So owners don't typically trade out. Early ski season and late ski season are the most likely times that you would be able to pick up a week. I got just plain lucky once and let my brother stay there for his kids spring break when I got a miracle 4 day stay in March. His whole family was in heaven.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would put in a waitlist request for the dates that you would be willing to go as early as you can and see what happens.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
The PH is my goal in life, to stay here and ski there. We stayed at the ML in the summer, offseason. Its OK, basic. We toured the PH across the street and its amazing! Everything about it. But its impossible to get. There are less than 20 units I think, and the owners hold their weeks and sell locally....for big bucks. $15k-$30k a week. So they never push their weeks back into inventory! If someone owns here, I would love to trade into it for a ski week. If anyone has any tips or owner contacts, I'd love to chat with them.
I do have a 2 bedroom unit at PH Dec 12-19, I can't use it. if you want to chat