• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hubby and I just completed our binge fest of Queen of the South. I wasn't quite sure during the first episode, but quickly became hooked on finding out what happened. If you liked Narcos or Breaking Bad, this one is for you. Now to find out when season 3 will be available!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I just got hooked on Mrs Maisel on Prime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Excellent first season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Hubby and I just completed our binge fest of Queen of the South.
Had to look this up. It is a USA Network series that has run for three seasons. All three are available on Amazon, but far as I can tell it's not a show that's free for Amazon Prime subscribers. I'm seeing HD running $15 - 30 depending on which season.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Netflix, "The Ranch" with Sam Elliott, Ashton Kutcher and Debra Winger is a fantastic comedy series.

Also on Netflix, "Grace and Frankie". Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin work great together.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
On Netflix, "The Ranch" with Sam Elliott, Ashton Kutcher and Debra Winger is a fantastic comedy series.
Really wanted to like this one. But after 5 episodes or so I just couldn't get into it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the new jack ryan series is starting off very strong!

and while i havent started it yet, i hear the 2nd season of Ozark is even better than the first!

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had to look this up. It is a USA Network series that has run for three seasons. All three are available on Amazon, but far as I can tell it's not a show that's free for Amazon Prime subscribers. I'm seeing HD running $15 - 30 depending on which season.

Actually, we watched seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix (Canadian) and just this morning found season 3 on Amazon Prime (but not sure if there is a charge). Season 3 won't be on Netflix until next year!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Amazon Prime:
An Inspector Calls----great!
The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher---great!
Jack Ryan---just beginning, but awesome

We're just beginning Jack Ryan----- first three episodes are great, can't wait to proceed each night.

It's actually amazing on our 78" curved 4K Ultra HD Samsung....almost as good as the theater
for this type of movie in which there are explosions and other high-intensity scenes constantly.
It's being broadcast in Ultra HD....best resolution I've seen yet on this TV.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Bodyguard on Netflix is very good!

The hit series starring Richard Madden (Game of Thrones) caused a sensation in the UK when it aired on BBC One in August. Netflix then purchased the international streaming rights and, now that Bodyguard has debuted in the United States, the series is expected to also be a hit on this side of the Atlantic.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Bodyguard on Netflix is very good!

The hit series starring Richard Madden (Game of Thrones) caused a sensation in the UK when it aired on BBC One in August. Netflix then purchased the international streaming rights and, now that Bodyguard has debuted in the United States, the series is expected to also be a hit on this side of the Atlantic.
On E2, the shootout scene setup is implausible at best. But hey.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On E2, the shootout scene setup is implausible at best. But hey.
Suspension of disbelief makes for enjoyable movies and books. No such thing as The Force and there is no laser or explosion sounds in a vacuum in space but Star Wars is still fun.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I need to subscribe to Netflix for a while. All we ever watch is Amazon Prime.

Just watched the 3rd season of Man in the High Castle on Prime. Watched the last two episodes last night. All I can say is that it was okay. The last scene was intriguing, which leads me to believe that maybe a 4th season is underway. The show left us hanging. It was two years between seasons 1 and 2.

I loved Sneaky Pete, also on Amazon Prime. I keep watching for an announcement on that one for an additional season. Giovanni Ribisi is a great actor. I never realized how good he was, until that show.

We watched all of the seasons of Suits on Amazon Prime. We are waiting to watch the current season via Amazon Prime because USA has annoying commercials.

I keep watching for another good show on Prime, so if anyone sees anything, post it here, so I can give it a watch. Liked Hand of God, too, even though I found it quite "dark."

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suspension of disbelief makes for enjoyable movies and books. No such thing as The Force and there is no laser or explosion sounds in a vacuum in space but Star Wars is still fun.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
But hey.

There is some implausible but some gets annoying.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Just watched the 3rd season of Man in the High Castle on Prime. Watched the last two episodes last night. All I can say is that it was okay. The last scene was intriguing, which leads me to believe that maybe a 4th season is underway. The show left us hanging. It was two years between seasons 1 and 2.

I loved Sneaky Pete, also on Amazon Prime. I keep watching for an announcement on that one for an additional season. Giovanni Ribisi is a great actor. I never realized how good he was, until that show.

We watched all of the seasons of Suits on Amazon Prime. We are waiting to watch the current season via Amazon Prime because USA has annoying commercials.

I keep watching for another good show on Prime, so if anyone sees anything, post it here, so I can give it a watch. Liked Hand of God, too, even though I found it quite "dark."

I really liked The Americans. The full series is on there. I like Salvation but the next season is taking forever to come on there. Downton Abbey and Jack Ryan I also like. And of course, 24, which is old but I binged the entire thing last year,

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

No don’t! See the recent article I posted!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I was going to wait until I got through the complete series, but since this thread popped up today I'll comment. I am 9/13 of the way through the Spanish show Money Heist on Netflix. It is about a very well planned out robbery at the Spanish mint. By now I have more or less become accustomed to the weird English dubbing, which is somewhat off putting, but I am enjoying the story line and most of the characters. I have been making my way through The Good Cop as well. As soon as House of Cards last season hits on Friday I will watch that all the way through and come back to these.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just watched the film "Mudbound" on Netflix. I don't know whether anyone else has mentioned it yet, but it was quite an incredible movie.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Just finished watching the final episode of the final season 4 of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Whoa.

I'm completely bummed, however, because we have been watching at least 3 episodes every night (when we're home and not traveling),
and I literally don't know what we're going to do now.
Like Scarlett O'Hara said in Gone with the Wind, "Where will (we) go, what will (we) do?......."

Bosch was absolutely brilliant, and we couldn't wait to watch it each night. Our schedule had become very predictable....
Dinner and Bosch, dinner and Bosch, dinner and Bosch. Love that guy.

The character development in this series was excellent, and I'll go ahead and say it's one of the best series we've watched,
a "top 3" for sure.

Can't believe it took us so long to start it, but we're glad we did. Kept seeing it in many TUG member's lists,
so I knew it had to be a good one, and Wow, it was. Thanks to all who listed it!

Can't wait for season 5, and I hope it continues on and on and on. I'm sure tomorrow I'll wake up and wonder
where Harry is and what he's doing, not to mention Maddie and several of the other characters.
As in most well-written and well-acted series, there are many characters you grow to love and hate, and this one has it all!
You begin to believe it's really happening around you, almost like a part of your life. I found myself reacting "out loud"
many times throughout the series.

If anyone has not watched Bosch, start TODAY. It'll grab you immediately.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just finished watching the final episode of the final season 4 of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Whoa.

I'm completely bummed, however, because we have been watching at least 3 episodes every night (when we're home and not traveling),
and I literally don't know what we're going to do now.
Like Scarlett O'Hara said in Gone with the Wind, "Where will (we) go, what will (we) do?......."

Bosch was absolutely brilliant, and we couldn't wait to watch it each night. Our schedule had become very predictable....
Dinner and Bosch, dinner and Bosch, dinner and Bosch. Love that guy.

The character development in this series was excellent, and I'll go ahead and say it's one of the best series we've watched,
a "top 3" for sure.

Can't believe it took us so long to start it, but we're glad we did. Kept seeing it in many TUG member's lists,
so I knew it had to be a good one, and Wow, it was. Thanks to all who listed it!

Can't wait for season 5, and I hope it continues on and on and on. I'm sure tomorrow I'll wake up and wonder
where Harry is and what he's doing, not to mention Maddie and several of the other characters.
As in most well-written and well-acted series, there are many characters you grow to love and hate, and this one has it all!
You begin to believe it's really happening around you, almost like a part of your life. I found myself reacting "out loud"
many times throughout the series.

If anyone has not watched Bosch, start TODAY. It'll grab you immediately.
So glad you loved Bosch, which I recommended on this thread back in March 2017. You will be glad to know that Titus Welliver has signed up for Season 5, which will premiere sometime in 2019. By the way, now that you're hooked on the Amazon Prime series, I highly recommend the book series to you. The books are outstanding, and you get to know Harry Bosch in a much more intimate way.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
As I posted in another thread, I highly recommend Medal Of Honor on Netflix. Medal Of Honor Season 1 just released last weekend with its first 8 episodes. A docudrama series, it tells in each episode the stories of past recipients of the Congressional Medal Of Honor---the highest honor available in the military, awarded by the President. Out of some 44 million men and women who have served in the U.S. military during its history, only about 3,600 have received the Medal Of Honor. The heroism described is incredible, almost superhuman. Here is the trailer for those interested.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's too bad I have so many shows to watch on Dish that I cannot give it up completely for subscriptions like Netflix..

I was really hooked on Homeland and haven't seen last season yet, and of course this season is starting. I hope to catch a free Showtime few days, so we can binge-watch those before the preview is over. If you download those shows to your DVR, they erase at the end of the preview, which is so not cool.

I only like a few shows on TV. I wish I could stream all of them and stop paying for Dish. I think it's $144 per month with the fees and taxes. Remember when TV was free?

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Really enjoyed the second season of Ozark. Also just finished The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. My wife wouldn't watch it and my sister will only watch it in the daytime. Very suspenseful.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad you loved Bosch, which I recommended on this thread back in March 2017. You will be glad to know that Titus Welliver has signed up for Season 5, which will premiere sometime in 2019. By the way, now that you're hooked on the Amazon Prime series, I highly recommend the book series to you. The books are outstanding, and you get to know Harry Bosch in a much more intimate way.
TRUE DAT