• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Just finished Bosch Season 4. Great as ever but adding the Hong Kong story was not really necessary.

I also really enjoyed reading and rereading Nero Wolfe novels as well as listening to the radio series.

Cheers

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Lately I've been binging on Suits on Amazon Prime. I think I watched one or two episodes a few years ago but didn't get into it. This time I started at the beginning -- it makes all the difference and I'm hooked. Seasons 1-6 are free on Prime.

Season 7 ran on USA from September 2017 to April 2018 and is still $2.99/episode or $19.99/season on Amazon. It typically takes a year to move into Prime due to licensing agreements with the producers.

Meanwhile, you can stream Season 7 for free on USA Network's own website, the USA app on IOS, Android, Roku, etc. with your cable/satellite subscription credentials, or you might have it available on demand depending on your cable/satellite source. Either of these options will likely include unskippable commercials.

USA has ordered an 8th season, but it will be without Patrick J. Adams (Mike Ross) and, obviously, Meghan Markle (Rachel Zane) whose royal wedding to England's Prince Harry is today.

Suits cast on NBC Today talks about the show and Meghan Markle's wedding to Prince Harry (contains spoilers re season 7 and beyond): http://www.usanetwork.com/suits/episodes

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I am afraid I'll run out of things to watch on Netflix so I've reserved season two of The Crown and Stranger Things "just in case"!

So I was up all last night watching the Royal wedding, and then slept from 6am until almost two. Even though in theory I got plenty of sleep, I pretty much felt like a zombie all day and never got out of my pjs. Puttered about and figured I then would watch an hour of Netflix. All done with everything I've been watching, so checked some of the emails Netflix has been sending me about new shows before starting Season 2 of The Crown. The description of the show Requiem sounded interesting, and I was hooked in the first 20 minutes. If you like modern day British ghost/mystery/psychological thrillers I'd highly recommend this show. I'm into episode four of six by now and the only fault I find is that they are calling this season 1 which means they won't wrap it up at the end of episode six. It is excellent!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Just finished Lost in Space yesterday. I really enjoyed it and hope they continue the series.

This was the first series I have watched on Netflix, I usually use my Netflix for BBC documentaries, love David Attenborough's voice. Helps me sleep!

I will have to check out a few other suggestions. We watched the first 7 seasons of the Walking Dead, but I couldn't take it anymore. We only lasted 4 episodes of Better Call Saul we thought it was terrible, and gave up. Liked Season 1 of Into the Badlands but since we stopped watching The Walking Dead we never started season 2, it's now on Netflix so maybe I will catch up.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
It's been recommended on this thread previously, but for Netflix users, check out Longmire.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recommended Glow? It's great! We're really looking forward to season two.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I just got notice from Netflix that the last season of Sensate is ready for viewing. The first two seasons were very good.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Just finished watching Safe on Netflix and enjoyed it a lot!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I watched SAFE. It was an great tutorial on dumb things to do as demonstrated by everyone involved.

Cheers

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, I am watching Grand Hotel on Netflix. It is in Italian, but I don't have any trouble with the English sub-titles. I am enjoying it!

Dori

Corinne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Trapped on Amazon Prime. It’s a crime drama set (and filmed) in Iceland, with English subtitles but worth it. Great acting, scenery, suspense. I stumbled across it last year while doing research for a trip to Iceland and the whole family binge-watched it before we went. Love Ólafur Ólafsson. They’re supposedly filming a second season now, which makes me very happy.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished the second season of 'Fauda' on Netflix an Israeli security elite squad thriller. It's in subtitles, but for raw realism and a glimpse of the conflicts in that area, it's a riveting series.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just finished Lost in Space yesterday. I really enjoyed it and hope they continue the series.

I started to fall asleep last night so had to turn it off half way through the last episode, but I liked it too except for the character of "Dr. Smith". I really, really dislike the character. I've decided my problem is that because the group has a chicken that is named Debbie, between Dr. Smith's underhandedness and the Debbie name floating about, I am reminded of the horrible tenant we had in our guesthouse in 2012 named Debbie where by the end of her tenure we were practically prisoners in our own home!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the currently SyFy tv show The Expanse saved by Amazon so new episodes should be there next year.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I went on a true crime documentary binge these last few days on Netflix. Just finished The Keepers. Totally blew me away. One of those where I found myself yelling at the TV. It resonated with me because I went to a Catholic girls high school at about the same time and could relate to the now mid-60s women trying to solve the case.

Evil Genius was also good (and nice and short at 4 episodes) and The Staircase was pretty good too, although I thought they could have wrapped it up in less than 12 hours.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Seems appropriate to post that Man in the High Castle is going to be back in October. We are re-watching the first two seasons to refresh ourselves on the series. I am enjoying the re-fresh as much as I enjoyed it the first time around.

As a WWII history buff, the premise that the U.S. lost the war to its enemies is truly a great idea for a show.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We enjoy watching A Handmaid's Tale on Hulu

I keep thinking I'll move to Hulu after I run out of things to watch on Netflix, but don't see that happening anytime soon. Tonight I'll watch the last episode of Intelligence, set in Vancouver. I suspect it won't wrap itself up since it seems to be a Canadian TV show from 2007 that likely got cancelled. But if so, I've liked it well enough anyway. So funny to watch people use flip phones! (Like the one I have in the bottom of my purse, turned off until I need to make a call).

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime Video was fun and entertaining. The best scene of the entire season was when Jack Ryan was talking to a woman he had just met at an outdoor party and a coast guard helicopter flies over all the guests to land on the grounds to pick him up. Great way to leave a memorable impression behind to all the guests at the party!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am getting into The Americans right now on Amazon Prime. Looking forward to The Man in The High Castle new season beginning 10/7.