• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I don't think I saw a single episode of The Office when it was on TV, so I am enjoying having it on my Netflix rotation when I need a half hour of mindless entertainment (when Cliff isn't in the room--he doesn't care for it). I am four episodes into re-watching The West Wing, and enjoying revisiting it. I need to have shows available when I want to play solitaire on my Kindle and can "half listen" -- British crime dramas are no good for that, the accent alone requires my full attention!

I finished Deadwind last week. Made sure to put everything down and watch in the early evening so I could give the subtitles my full attention (it's in Finnish) -- that was a good show too. And I stumbled on Case, which has a rather irritating voice over describing all the action in addition to English dubbing of the Norwegian ("Red letters appear on a white background, Netflix. A blonde girl watches a boy crossing the street toward her"). I discovered that once I watched an episode of Case, the weird voice over carried into other foreign shows. The only way I could disconnect the voice over from River was to watch an American show, and then go back to it.

I am taking a short break from Queen of the South (thank you to the person up thread that recommended it) and Outlander because of drugs and violence in the one, and violence and a bit slow moving in the other. Seems like a good time to try Frost.

River was one of the most interesting and riveting series we have watched.
I recommended it here on TUG a while back.
And looking back at the many ones we've enjoyed over the past 2-3 years, it still stands out as one of the very best.
Matter of fact, it may be my personal favorite.

Lately we've been watching Frost, and we like it a lot----will be sad when it's over.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching The Spy.

Such Baron-Cohen was just to good as Borat, he's ruined any new characters.

It's interesting but clearly not filmed in Israel or Argentina.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
River was one of the most interesting and riveting series we have watched.
I recommended it here on TUG a while back.
And looking back at the many ones we've enjoyed over the past 2-3 years, it still stands out as one of the very best.
Matter of fact, it may be my personal favorite.

Lately we've been watching Frost, and we like it a lot----will be sad when it's over.

Is Frost on Netflix? If so it no longer comes up.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The surprise of the year has been Shtistel on Netflix. A two season Israeli soap opera family drama beautifully produced. About an ultra Orthodox Jewish family and their children. Nominated for awards. Has its own Shtistel watchers FaceBook page. The cast has been making fundraising appearances for temples in London, New York and Philly.

Last edited:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Anyone watching The Spy.

Such Baron-Cohen was just to good as Borat, he's ruined any new characters.

It's interesting but clearly not filmed in Israel or Argentina.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

Yes, I just finished watching The Spy and thought it was very good. I had just returned from Israel so I had a better appreciation for the Geography of the Golan Heights and the Sea of Galilee and the strategic importance of these locations in Israel’s defense. Was a bit surprising how Israel did not change up the communication method with The Spy. Sasha Baron-Cohen was excellent in the role.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
We've watched a number of British cop shows on Amazon Prime.

I think Endeavour has already been mentioned.

DCI Banks is another that we liked.

DJensen

TUG Member
Reaction score
ABC Murders on Amazon Prime (3 episodes, 1 hour each as it is a book).
It is a Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie) 3 part series that was very good. John Malkovich plays Hercule and the period series has some dark moments, but leave it to Agatha to have a good twist at the end!!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Is Frost on Netflix? If so it no longer comes up.

To answer your question, Frost is on Prime.

To add another fantastic series we have been watching on Prime, it's called Line of Duty.
and there are 6 series. We are just starting the third. To say it's good is a serious understatement.
The casting, acting, plot lines, production ----everything----is as good as it gets. I'm shocked we only found it recently,
but we're really enjoying it. Highly recommended if you like detective & crime series.

Here is a quote taken from Line of Duty: Wikipedia:

"It is the most popular drama series broadcast on BBC Two in the multi-channel era[7] and is a winner of the Royal Television Society Award[8] and Broadcasting Press Guild Award for Best Drama Series.[9] Line of Duty was included in a list of the Top 50 BBC Two shows of all-time[10] and in a list of the 80 best BBC shows of all time.[11] It was the highest-ranked current series in a list of the best police shows of all time[12] and third in a poll of the best British crime dramas of all time.[13]

We also LOVED Man in the High Castle....amazing series.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just finished the latest season of the Expanse....I liked it a great deal! started off a bit slow...but all in all I thought it was a fantastic season.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Really enjoyed Line of Duty

My current best binge watching is New Tricks, a British Detective Series on Hulu about three retired Detectives recruited and led by a D.S. to work on the Unsolved and Open Cases Squad (UCOS). Great acting, humor and good plots. Highly recommend it. There’s over 10 years of shows so it’s taking a while to get through.

Cheers

Pardytime

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, Wyndham
just finished the latest season of the Expanse....I liked it a great deal! started off a bit slow...but all in all I thought it was a fantastic season.
Glad you mentioned the Expanse. It is one of my favourites. We are watching the episodes two at a time, rationing them. We binge-watched the previous seasons and it was over too soon.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I haven't seen Burn Notice - but I love Bruce Campbell.

Burn Notice is one of the 5 best series I have ever watched in my lifetime - it is that good! At present, I believe it can be watched on Hulu if that has not already been noted here...

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just started watching and enjoying "Modern Love" on Amazon Prime based on numerous positive reviews.

Modern Love is an American romantic comedy anthology web television series, based on the weekly column published by The New York Times, that premiered on Amazon Video on October 18, 2019.[1] The episodes vary from 29 to 35 minutes in length. On October 24, 2019, it was reported that Amazon had renewed the series for a second season.

I also watched Fosse/Verdon on clifffaith's suggestion and enjoyed it very much.

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Netflix
Ozark
Turn
House of Cards
Arrested Development

Plan on watching MadMen over the holiday break

Prime
Mrs Maisel
Jack Ryan

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone also recommended "Happy Valley" to us, but the actors' northern British accents were so strong we had too much trouble understanding and gave up.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
For British shows, we often use the captions. Also we need a cell phone so the Internet can translate the slang for us.

Without the captions, sometimes I have to concentrate so hard that, by the end of the program, I'm cream crackered!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Netflix
Ozark
Turn
House of Cards
Arrested Development

Plan on watching MadMen over the holiday break

Prime
Mrs Maisel
Jack Ryan

Just started Arrested Development. Only 2-3 episodes in and it hasn't grown on me yet, ditto Parks & Recreation. I do like to have shorter shows in rotation in case it's 10:30 and I need something to occupy me until the 11pm news. I wish they'd wrap Shameless up, I really don't enjoy it anymore, wish they'd just kill Frank off, but stick around to see what the kids are doing. But really I'd just as soon be done with it.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
For British shows, we often use the captions. Also we need a cell phone so the Internet can translate the slang for us.

Without the captions, sometimes I have to concentrate so hard that, by the end of the program, I'm cream crackered!

Gobsmacked?

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Gobsmacked?

Well, not quite. Actually, it's more like we're knackered.

I find looking up these British slang terms a lot of fun. I suppose the Brits must think that our slang is ridiculous.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, not quite. Actually, it's more like we're knackered.

I find looking up these British slang terms a lot of fun. I suppose the Brits must think that our slang is ridiculous.
The first slang I had to look up occurred in a broadcast of the EPL when Martin Taylor said a team was at sixes and sevens...

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
We quite enjoyed Marco Polo on Netflix. We enjoyed the Witcher, and are now watching Unit 42 on Netflix. This is about a cyber crime unit in Brussels, interesting episodes.