TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by dixie, Jun 23, 2016.

1. SteelerGal

SteelerGal TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WDW, WKV, SDO, HPP, HH, Bay Club
    I watch a ton of Intl Crime as well as Bosch.
    Top shows:
    Bosch(many actors from The Wire)
    Vera
    Shetland
    Hinterland
    The Black Spot
    Tin Star
    Morse- very beloved. Actor unfortunately passed.
    Endeavor- Morse as a young man
    Lewis- Morse’s partner

2. stmartinfan

stmartinfan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
    From what I can find there hasn't been an official announcement yet, but fans are assuming April 2020, based on the timing for the last seasons. We're fans too so hate to wait that long!

3. bizniukas

bizniukas Guest

I like that Netflix gives us suggestions. So when I have time just watch whatever they suggest. Usually Netflix gets it right :)

4. jme

jme TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts:
    Grande Ocean x 6
    Barony x 2
    OceanWatch x 1
    Manor Club x 1
    Waterside by Spin x 2
    Sheraton Bdwy Plnt x 2
    ChurchStInnCharleston2
    Just very happy to have discovered that the new series of Bosch has been released.....never checked to see when it would be,
    but we've desperately missed that series. The new series has us looking forward to each evening again....absolutely love it.

5. Ken555

Ken555 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    Amazon’s new show Good Omens is excellent. Of course, you need to appreciate British humour to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. stmartinfan

stmartinfan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
    We loved Good Omens too! Took a little while to understand the plot but really liked the humor of the relationship between the two main characters. We find it helps to use the closed captioning on shows like this where it can be hard to catch some of the dialogue because of the accents. My daughter is hoping they might consider a second season, although I know it's based on a book so anything more would need to be created by Neil Gaiman.

7. Ken555

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    I think the best outcome of its popularity would be the creation of other shows based on Terry and Neil’s books. BTW, if you haven’t seen Going Postal, that’s similarly amusing (tho the book is better).

8. planada

planada TUG Member

Here is one no one has mentioned. Queen of the South. Its on Netflix and is about the drug cartel in Mexico and the U.S. We have really gotten into the sinister side of the characters. Really a very good 3 seasons ( for now) Its a Fox produced show that I believe is in season 4 currently on TNT

9. sdbrier

sdbrier TUG Member

Absentia on Amazon Prime. 2nd season coming this week.

10. Patri

Patri Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I liked Versailles on Netflix. Three seasons, I believe. Now I want to go to Paris to see the palace! The series was cancelled in part because of too much nudity and sex. I agree. It seemed gratuitous and the storyline would have been fine without it.

Luvtoride likes this.
  11. Conan

Conan TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

My vote is for Fleabag on Amazon Prime (seasons 1 and 2).
    Don't quit on it until you've seen three or four episodes, then decide if it's your cup of tea.

LisaH likes this.
  12. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

Saturday I stumbled upon the FX series Fosse/Verdon on my cable company's On Demand feature. I'd seen an ad or two for it, but it didn't make me want to add something else to my TV schedule when it aired earlier this spring. I decided to try it for 15 minutes since all of the episodes are now available. It is wonderful! I did the first four hours in one sitting, and should finish up the last two tonight. Michelle Williams is just fantastic in it. Mostly a drama, but there is a certain amount of singing and dancing as the musicals they were involved in are shown in rehearsal. I had to keep the ipad handy to google up the various famous folks who wandered through the story line. I highly recommend it! There seems to be a wealth of good programming these days.

13. Luvtoride

Luvtoride TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Cypress Harbor
    Marriott Ocean Pointe
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
    Marriott Grande Ocean
    Ahh, is that where the series can be viewed? We were just in Paris and visited Versailles last month and discussed the show with our tour guide there. I am interested to watch it now. Apparently it was alot of sex and didn't portray the nobles in a very positive way, but probably didn't even come close to representing what actually went on during that time in France. The Palace and surrounding grounds were spectacular.

Patri likes this.
  14. GetawaysRus

GetawaysRus TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Villas 2
    Sedona Summit
    Aha! Not true. All hope is not lost for those of us with antique televisions.

Yesterday I moved my wife and I into the television Brave New World. We have an older (circa 2003) Sony TV that still works and looks great but doesn't have any HDMI inputs. But I did have one available Red-Yellow-White connection. And not that long ago I had installed a mesh router so that our network signal (which comes in at one end of the house) is finally strong enough to reach the room with that TV.

So with one available R-Y-W, it required an HDMI to RCA R-W-Y converter to install a FireStick. Ta da! There was a glitch on install, however. Initially there were major issues with the audio (a horrible buzzing). I had to futz around with the Settings menu for Audio to find a setting that worked.

So I am revisiting this thread looking for ideas of things we can watch and to try to learn how to use this new device. I have one very basic question for Amazon Prime users. I can see some of the titles mentioned in this thread when I browse on my TV. For programs that are not easily found onscreen, how do you locate them? My initial impression is that the steps are:
    1. On my computer, search Prime Video for the program I want to watch
    2. On the computer, click to add it it "Your Watchlist"
    3. Now I should be able to find it under "Your Videos" when I turn on the television and scroll through the Prime menu
    Am I doing this correctly, or is there some easier path?

15. tompalm

tompalm TUG Member

The best way is on an iPad. There is an ap for TV where you can search for a name and it tells you which network the series is playing on. Or, you can download the Netflix ap or Prime video ap and search inside each ap. I assume android tablets have an ap too that is like the TV ap.

For Getaway, you are correct in your process. But when you go to watch the movie, you need to go to your watchlist. Or you can search on your TV too.

16. Ken555

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    Or, you could have just bought this for $35:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-express-plus

However, for ~$200 you can find a 40” flat panel TV with Roku built in (my friend just bought two of these for $179 each). A Sony from 2003, while great for its day, doesn’t compare well to modern TVs, especially when watching movies in widescreen format.

17. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

I’d like to get one of those TVs

18. Ken555

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kierland
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    Just checking Costco shows a TCL 32" 1080p with Roku for $140 and a 50" 4K with Roku for $270. Not the greatest TVs but certainly functional, and with Roku built-in.

19. GetawaysRus

GetawaysRus TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Villas 2
    Sedona Summit
    You can try telling my wife that. I was going to buy a new large screen TV rather than try to jimmy-rig things. She said no. That surprised me, because she always looks at those big TVs every time we walk into Costco.

I'm just happy the install went OK. New tech can be challenging, especially when you're hooking a new tech device to an old tech device.

20. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

I am familiar with Jerry Rig, didn't know he has a brother, Jimmy.

stmartinfan and rapmarks like this.