• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Looking forward to the new season of Bosch. After we watched all the episodes, we searched for other series with Titus Welliver. We found "The Good Wife" and watched all the episodes of that, which took a long time! Now we're watching "Suits" and enjoying it immensely. We'd never seen Meghan Markle (the Duchess of Sussex) in anything before and it has been fun to see her. Titus Welliver had a part in one episode, I think, and we've seen an actor or two from "The Good Wife" in other episodes.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, I am watching "This is Us", and I love it! For some reason, when the series started on TV, I thought it was some kind of reality show, so I wasn't interested. Then a friend of mine told me she was enjoying it on Netflix, and briefly outlined the show, and I started to watch it.

Karen, I also loved "Suits" (filmed here in Toronto), and "The Good Wife".

Dori

Last edited:

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
In honour of hearing about Katherine Helman's death today, I am going to re-watch Soap.

I watched it when it first came out, but I was a teenager, and I'm sure all the nuances were lost on me.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime......pretty amazing......

Couldn't wait for each evening to watch it again and again.

Hoping for the new series soon, and it's coming!

What a let-down when series like these are over!

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Outlander I can and do rewatch many episodes. So interesting to see the actors characters age from one season to the next. "HERES TO WHISKEY AND FREEDOM" And TO HONEST MEN AND BONNIE LASSES. When I steal that toast I Americanize it by saying HONEST MEN AND BEAUTIFUL WOMEN.
Always a favorite at the table.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Looking forward to the new season of Bosch. After we watched all the episodes, we searched for other series with Titus Welliver. We found "The Good Wife" and watched all the episodes of that, which took a long time! Now we're watching "Suits" and enjoying it immensely. We'd never seen Meghan Markle (the Duchess of Sussex) in anything before and it has been fun to see her. Titus Welliver had a part in one episode, I think, and we've seen an actor or two from "The Good Wife" in other episodes.

I think DW has agreed to move our 60" to the BR (replacing a old 40").
Then, we'll have room for a new one.

Saw the other day that Bosch has already been renewed for season 6. The final season of Suits is playing on I believe USA now. When the Good Wife ended they spun off the Good Life on CBS All Access. All of these are on our favorites list along with Silk and Jack Ryan.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Is Netflix ever going to get the newer episodes of Doc Martin? I hate to have to join Acorn to see season 7 & 8 and have been not so patiently waiting for Netflix to get them. Loved Bosch and many others we're waiting for new seasons of.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
A few that come to mind

Watch: Ozark, The good place, Kominksy project, Man in the high castle, Black List, Dexter, You, House of cards, Dowton Abby, Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Frank and Gracie, Sneaky Pete, The Crown
Could not keep watching or not recommending (based on 2 or more episodes): Schitt's Creek, Bosch, Marvlous Miss Maisel, Black Mirror, Dumplin, Bird Box,

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I saw an article on Schitt's Creek around Christmastime. I enjoy the actors from Best in Show, Mighty Wind etc. Schitt's Creek has very low key humor and I've enjoyed the first two seasons and am glad there are several more to go. Also part way into the second season of the documentary Making A Murderer. I can't figure out why anyone would go to all the trouble to frame Steven Avery. But his nephew Brendan sure appears to have been railroaded -- he was so young (16) and so slow I think both socially and IQ -wise, that he just was bullied by the police into a "confession".

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just started the British police show Bodyguard. It's excellent and between watching the 1st and 2nd episodes I stumbled on the fact that the lead actor won an Emmy for his performance.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
A few that come to mind

Watch: Ozark, The good place, Kominksy project, Man in the high castle, Black List, Dexter, You, House of cards, Dowton Abby, Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Frank and Gracie, Sneaky Pete, The Crown
Could not keep watching or not recommending (based on 2 or more episodes): Schitt's Creek, Bosch, Marvlous Miss Maisel, Black Mirror, Dumplin, Bird Box,

@capjak - while I always try to keep in mind the old adage "to each, his own..." may I ask what turned you off to Bosch?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Netflix ever going to get the newer episodes of Doc Martin? I hate to have to join Acorn to see season 7 & 8 and have been not so patiently waiting for Netflix to get them. Loved Bosch and many others we're waiting for new seasons of.
Nope. We signed up with Acorn so that we could continue with Murdoch Mysteries. Finding Doc Martin on Acorn was a bonus. We terminated our Netflix membership 3 months ago as we had not used it in a year. We like Acorn because we love non-US series.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
@bbod: Bosch: I did not care for the lead actor or the character, did not find him likable I guess...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
None. We don't subscribe to either. A friend of Patti's has listed her as as second permitted user 6 months ago. She still has not watched a single thing.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Netflix.......Medici: Masters of Florence ....just finished Season 2, previously watched Season 1 ....both good.

Season 3 has been filmed and will be released in early 2020, per online reports.

These are especially great for us because we recently completed our lifelong "ultimate trip" to Italy back in October,
spending 3 nights in Rome and 4 nights in Florence (plus other places), both of which figured prominently in filming,
and as we watched we kept saying, "Oh, look....we were there.....and there......and there".......it was amazing.

Before that, on PRIME we watched Man in the High Castle, and really enjoyed that.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
@bbod: Bosch: I did not care for the lead actor or the character, did not find him likable I guess...

Fair enough - I have to admit that while I was familiar with Titus Welliver's previous work, it always seemed to be a fringe character or a minor supporting character at best. I enjoyed seeing him in the lead role for a change and have enjoyed Bosch. But I do see your point as his character in Bosch is definitely a brooding and moody one.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Fair enough - I have to admit that while I was familiar with Titus Welliver's previous work, it always seemed to be a fringe character or a minor supporting character at best. I enjoyed seeing him in the lead role for a change and have enjoyed Bosch. But I do see your point as his character in Bosch is definitely a brooding and moody one.
We had never seen Titus Welliver in anything until we started watching him in Bosch. We liked him a lot in that role, and when we finished up the available episodes, we looked for other shows he appears in.

That's how we found The Good Wife, which we loved, but we didn't particularly care for Welliver's character on that show nor did we like the character he played on Suits. I look forward to a new season of Bosch.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a binge-watch of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last summer while using grand-daughter's account. Around Christmas time I was visiting her again and watched some new episodes. After returning home I did everything I could think of to find it on my Spectrum cable tv. No luck. I kept asking myself...'are people really only able to watch this with Amazon Prime?' Finally, I remembered my daughter has Amazon Prime and she agreed to let me use her password so I could watch this program. I got settled in front of my computer, logged in, looking forward to 'catching up' on the episodes. Low and behold, turns out I had already watched season 2 clear to the end. Never heard of releasing the entire season of shows all at once. Now that I can access A.P. tv, I guess I should start at the top of this thread and see what else I can watch.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I did a binge-watch of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last summer while using grand-daughter's account. Around Christmas time I was visiting her again and watched some new episodes. After returning home I did everything I could think of to find it on my Spectrum cable tv. No luck. I kept asking myself...'are people really only able to watch this with Amazon Prime?' Finally, I remembered my daughter has Amazon Prime and she agreed to let me use her password so I could watch this program. I got settled in front of my computer, logged in, looking forward to 'catching up' on the episodes. Low and behold, turns out I had already watched season 2 clear to the end. Never heard of releasing the entire season of shows all at once. Now that I can access A.P. tv, I guess I should start at the top of this thread and see what else I can watch.
If you want to watch Amazon Prime from the comfort of your TV, you can just get a Roku, FireStick or similar. I find it much more comfortable than staring at my computer.

Kurt

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to watch Amazon Prime from the comfort of your TV, you can just get a Roku, FireStick or similar. I find it much more comfortable than staring at my computer.

Kurt
I have heard of those devices -- but do I need a Smart TV to use? (Mine is not smart, but I think it has spare USB port open.)

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard of those devices -- but do I need a Smart TV to use? (Mine is not smart, but I think it has spare USB port open.)
You need a spare HDMI port on the TV. If there is also a spare powered USB even better.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You need a spare HDMI port on the TV. If there is also a spare powered USB even better.

Roku still makes a unit for older non HDMI TVs as well, for those stuck in the 20th century.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

I think you recommended Lillyhammer a while back. I started watching this again. Its my 3rd time.

Bill