• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What ever happened to small, medium, large?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I don't like the "animal style" fries, although I do like my burger "animal style." I like my fries "well done." Besides being yummy crunchy, usually you get almost two servings when they are done this way (at no extra cost).

Fern

I'm going to invent a term for In-N-Out next time I go there.

I'm going to find out how long they fry their fries. Let's say it's four minutes. So I'm going to order a half-and-half-plus-half. Fry it two minutes, let it rest for another two minutes, then fry it another two.

I'm trying to emulate Belgium here. I know the oil is at two different temperatures in Belgium (8 minute poach and a 2 minute fry). But it should be close enough.

stevedmatt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to invent a term for In-N-Out next time I go there.

I'm going to find out how long they fry their fries. Let's say it's four minutes. So I'm going to order a half-and-half-plus-half. Fry it two minutes, let it rest for another two minutes, then fry it another two.

I'm trying to emulate Belgium here. I know the oil is at two different temperatures in Belgium (8 minute poach and a 2 minute fry). But it should be close enough.

This is done with fries in my area. They call them boardwalk fries. Always fresh cut potatoes, twice fried, just as you stated. The best boardwalk fries come from a place called Thrashers in Ocean City MD. There is a chain called "Boardwalk Fries". While theirs are good, they don't compare to Thrashers. Thrashers also doesn't serve ketchup, only vinegar.

How did this whole thread mutate from the original topic?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When we make home made french fries we always fry at 325 for 10 minutes, then let stand and then refry at 375 for about two minutes. This makes the best fries. Top em with cheese curds and gravy and they are great.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Need You Ask ?

How did this whole thread mutate from the original topic?
Shux, topic migration is a time-honored TUG-BBS tradition.

Ditto topic hijacking -- not that there's anything wrong with either 1 or both.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shux, topic migration is a time-honored TUG-BBS tradition.

Ditto topic hijacking -- not that there's anything wrong with either 1 or both.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

But of course In & Out has small, medium and large sized drinks! (or is that medium, large and xtra-large?) :whoopie:

Something I've recently discoverd about In & Out...the doors say they open at 10:30am, but I've noticed they let people in and start cooking as early as 10am! Maybe even earlier!!!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Love In n Out. When my dd was in 2nd grade her class took a field trip there. I think there were more parents than kids on that trip. :D We all got free food at the end of the tour. I was most impressed with the cleanliness of the store and the freshness of the food. Also, they pay more than most other fast food restaurants. Their managers, at least back then, made pretty good money.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You couldn't pay me to eat at most of 'em.

I gave up on all but one fast food joint because of quality. The only place left that gets my patronage is In-N-Out. When you order fries at an In-N-Out, someone pulls a potato out of a sack and julienne it with a "potato whomper." So they're alright by me.

The rest don't serve food. They serve grease and chemicals. If I'm hungry on the road, I'll find a supermarket and get a deli sandwich. Micky-D's got my last dollar years ago.

+1

We've been eating more healthfully for a couple years now. But, about six months into the regimen, I just HAD to get a Burger King burger (during the Angus burger promotion). It tasted SO salty to me, couldn't even taste the meat, way too much spongy white rolls. Blech. But I ate it anyway. :rolleyes: And all I could afterwords was nap. And I felt nauseous the rest of the day.

I still crave pizza all the time (good pizza, not Domino's and that ilk), but I have no trouble passing by BK & McD's.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want a great burger, you have to avoid the chains. Some chains are better then others but only an independent kitchen will turn out a classic. Local diners or what they used to call "greasey spoons" are fertile ground. Of course, they are not all good either. Areas around courthouses will have great lunch places often with great burgers. I think the key is that the owner is the grill man (or woman).