• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What did you exchange for this coming year?

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
DH and I have traded our Wyndham points via RCI into Disney's Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge in FL this winter. We both work and spend a fair amount of vacation time visiting our adult kids and their families, and our elderly mothers (both out of state), so this may be our only weeklong vacation in 2019.

Besides this, we'll probably reserve long weekend stays at one of the Wyndham resorts in the Smoky Mountains in TN and at one of the Myrtle Beach or Edisto resorts in SC. These have been favorite getaways, either with family joining us or as a couple, especially in the spring and fall. Summers are beautiful where we live in the mountains of NC. After we drive down to Bradenton Beach FL to visit my mom this winter, we'll likely tack on a couple nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek on our way home as well. Love the flexibility.

BonnieLee1

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2018, we exchanged Our 1 bedroom Aruba Divi for a beautiful place at Bass Lake in California to see Yosemite. Got in through RCI ongoing search.

Trying to get a place to see Yellowstone in fall of 2019. No success thus far with ongoing search.

deslagle

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Through Club Interval Gold exchanged Morritts Tortuga Grand Cayman using points to Marriott St Thomas Frenchman Cove.

Through Raintree Vacation Club traded Miners Club Park City to Sandcastle Birch Bay (Worldmark/Raintree Vacation Club).

DAA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau - Platinum Season
Marriott Grand Vista - Platinum Season
Windjammer Landing Saint Lucia - Week 11
The following are all instant exchanges thru Interval:

Marriott Grand Vista one bedroom side traded for - Royal Sea Aquarium - Curacao - Week 45 - Nov 10th - 17th - 2018

Marriott Grand Vista studio side traded for - Westin Lagunamar - Mexico - Week 49 - Dec 10th - 17th - 2018

Marriott Grand Chateau studio side traded for - Marriott Frenchman's Cove - Week 18 - May 3rd - 10th - 2018

Marriott Grand Chateau one bedroom side traded for - Divi Little Beach Resort - Saint Maarten - Week 50 - December 14th - 21st - 2019

I also own Windjammer Landing in Saint Lucia but we have never traded it as we love to go there.

Last edited:

tomt73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lake Placid Club Lodges, Las Brisas de Santa Fe.
RCI: Swapped into Sedona Pines Resort, Sedona, AZ, August 2018
Using expiring banked week from Lake Placid Club Lodges (LPCL), Lake Placid, NY
Open inventory ("What do you have within one day's drive of Albuquerque?")

RCI: Swapped into Shadow Mountain Lodge, Aspen, CO, March 2018
Using banked week from LPCL
OGS (Nearly two years to match)

RCI: Swapped into Wyndham Taos, Taos, NM, January 2018
Using banked week from LPCL
Open inventory (Wyndham Taos only exchanges into their "studio" units - converted hotel rooms)

RCI: Swapped into Manhattan Club, New York City, February 2017 (coordinated with tickets to "Hamilton" on Broadway)
Using RCI Points from LPCL
Open inventory (wow!)

Most memorable swap: 2003, swapped two LPCL weeks for a week at "
Residence I Delfini Di Pugnochiuso - RCI#1644, Vieste, Foggia (FG) Italy and a week at "Pianeta Maratea", Basilicata, Italy

We usually swap into ski resorts in season, or into off-season and shoulder season in locations we'd like to visit.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Through II. Traded one side SDO 2016 and one side SDO 2018 for Westin Lagunamar two weeks right after Thanksgiving 2018. Added 6 days at the Worldmark Isla Mujeres and an Airbnb in Puerto Morelos to fill up the entire time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Traded other side SDO 2018 for Westin Kaanapali North in April 2019. Traded the studio side of Marriott Desert Springs II (gold) 2017 for Marriott Ko olina studio and the 1 bd side for 1 bd Marriott Kaui Beachclub. Added six nights at Hilton Hawaii Village Lagoon Tower 1bd through HGVC. So Hawaii for the entire month of April 2019.

It's good to be retired. We've now been travelling full time for 15 months (3 months USA, 6 months Latin America, 6 months Europe) for less than we were spending living in San Diego.

Ian

winter_gary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded Sedona Springs July 4th 2019 Studio for

Interval International
Marriott's Desert Springs 1 Bedroom during the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
Palm Desert
Open inventory

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Hyatt Windward Pointe - January, 2019
Morritts Londoner - February, 2019; two weeks
Open inventory; used fixed weeks for exchanges.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Wow, love all the responses. Thanks for sharing. They show there are great trades to be had. Keep your responses coming.

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Used some HGVC points that were not used at our home resort (Charter Club) for a week at Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn outside of Newport for late December 2108. We had RCI points expiring and I have never been to Newport, so thought it may be cold, I am happy!

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH and I have traded our Wyndham points via RCI into Disney's Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge in FL this winter. We both work and spend a fair amount of vacation time visiting our adult kids and their families, and our elderly mothers (both out of state), so this may be our only weeklong vacation in 2019.

Besides this, we'll probably reserve long weekend stays at one of the Wyndham resorts in the Smoky Mountains in TN and at one of the Myrtle Beach or Edisto resorts in SC. These have been favorite getaways, either with family joining us or as a couple, especially in the spring and fall. Summers are beautiful where we live in the mountains of NC. After we drive down to Bradenton Beach FL to visit my mom this winter, we'll likely tack on a couple nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek on our way home as well. Love the flexibility.

You found Boulder Ridge on RCI? So far I have only seen OKW and lots of Saratoga Springs in the past couple of years. That's quite the get.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I trade Marriott grand vista 1 bedroom for 2 bedroom at the same resort over Christmas 2018bvia open inventory
Worldmark points for 3 bedroom penthouse unit at Hilton Hawaiian Village lagoon tower 7/19 via ongoing search
Large 1 bedroom Sheraton desert oasis for 2 bedroom Westin nanea August 2019 after our week at Hilton.

Bernie8245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used Grand Crowne in Branson points to exchange into Marriott SurfWatch in Hilton Head, S.C. from 12-30 to 1-6, 2019 and into Marriott Grande Ocean in Hilton Head, S.C. for 4 weeks from Jan 6, 2019 to Feb. 3, 2019. I also have used these points to exchange into Embarc Sandestin in Sandestin, Fl. for 2 weeks starting September 15th, 2019

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
You found Boulder Ridge on RCI? So far I have only seen OKW and lots of Saratoga Springs in the past couple of years.
If you look on the Sightings forum for TUG members, you'll see where people are able to exchange into Disney resorts, mostly through OGS matches. Besides SSR, there have been only a couple matches reported this year to OKW, BRV, and one to AKV. These exceptions to SSR are truly rare and all were matched to pretty "old" OGS requests.

Enjoying reading all the other exchange reports... let's see more!!!

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Traded Marriott Ko Olina studio lockoff week of Sept 29 for a 1 bedroom at Grande Bay resort on St. John week of Oct 13.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trade a Marriott grand vista studio for thanksgiving for Harbour lake Marriott 1 bedroom for the new year