• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What can you tell me about this AD- Newbe

EverLearn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for you! (not sarcastic)

My point was: decide what's right, make a plan and act.

Wyndham/FB may be perfect you.....but only you can decide. Just make sure BEFORE you pull the trigger!

cheers.

I think I am starting to get a better picture of the industry and understand a little more how things work. I can see how some systems can work for SOME people and not others. I know it is still the tip of the iceberg. Thank you for your input.

EverLearn

TUG Member
Reaction score

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I agree with the points that you bring up but so far this location has the best ratios of mf's to points I have found for sale so far at 154000 points, guessing for the reasons ronparise pointed out.

If JanM is correct this will be the start of several more which we will consider purchasing for arp and additional points at the locations we enjoy the most.

That's exactly why I bought there. I had no intention of staying there (you never know though) but the MF's were low enough for me, the buy in price was low enough for me, and it was my first purchase. I only bought it for the points. As JanM described, I have made two additional small purchases to supplement these points. Everything has worked out very well so far and I think I have just enough points for quite a while. Good luck.

EverLearn

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why I bought there. I had no intention of staying there (you never know though) but the MF's were low enough for me, the buy in price was low enough for me, and it was my first purchase. I only bought it for the points. As JanM described, I have made two additional small purchases to supplement these points. Everything has worked out very well so far and I think I have just enough points for quite a while. Good luck.

That is Great to hear. I think I am following in your footsteps. Based on my calculations I will need at least 77K+ more to do what we are hoping to do. Have you had any problems using your resale points at other resorts (booking less than 10 mos in advance)?

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
The only "problem" that could come up is availability. I haven't tried for an event week but I assume that for the big events, in many cases there will not be units available. As long as you know that going in, you shouldn't be disappointed if it works out that way.

I've been able to use my points to arrange nice vacations without a problem. Mainly because I'm retired and so I do have great flexibility as far as dates go, and to an extent locations as well. I will be deciding on a reservation for my remaining 2018 use year points later this week.