• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you looking for? Im sure I can find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
This thread is hilarious -

Based on the address and product this is a Post Card Company offering its crumbs

If they had any of the resorts you are asking for they would have been sold

One man's crumbs is another man's treasure. ;)

While I'm at it, I'd take another week at Enchanted Isle in the summer in a 2 bedroom unit 102 if anyone's got one they wanna get rid of and I'd like a triennial or biennial RCI points resort that is NOT in Orlando. MF/points ratio of .01 to 1 or there abouts.

Last edited:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Sandcastle Resort, Provincetown, studio in the Coachman bldg, summer week. Can also do my own title week.

Celebrity/Legacy Brigantine, NJ, 1 bdr wks 26-34.

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Raintree

Between 80 and 160k points, MF between $700 - $1300. I know that's not likely, but thought I'd put it out there :)

Thanks for this thread.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is hilarious -

Based on the address and product this is a Post Card Company offering its crumbs

If they had any of the resorts you are asking for they would have been sold

Well at least it is better than the thread over at redweek where the poster admits that they are putting the timeshares they take (for $500) into an LLC with no intentions of paying the maintenance fees. While this might be great for the individual that wants to dump one...it hurts all the rest of the owners with the burden of unpaid fees.

delmar411

Reaction score
I'm looking for BIS-Kitty Hawk, 3 bedrooms, late spring/early summer weeks that have already been converted to RCI points.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Well at least it is better than the thread over at redweek where the poster admits that they are putting the timeshares they take (for $500) into an LLC with no intentions of paying the maintenance fees. While this might be great for the individual that wants to dump one...it hurts all the rest of the owners with the burden of unpaid fees.
Yes, that is a disgusting practice, and it's more common than TUG members think. As an owner who was also a board member, there are so many of these LLC's, and they don't bother to take the weeks out of the current owners' names. So when the owner gets the MF bills, they call and say, "I no longer own it. Check the deed records at the county."

Foreclosures are costly, and that is the ultimate end for many of the timeshares that go to these LLC's. Some resorts, like Twin Rivers, cannot afford to take these weeks back, and those resorts have to find different ways to use the weeks, like offering RTU and discount use to owners, one week at a time.

When owners call the resorts, the resorts refuse to take back the weeks, because they have no one to take them, so the owners feel stuck. I see both sides.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am looking for a free 2br fixed ski week in Whistler, preferably weeks 51, 52, 11.

dwmantz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Cape Cod 2BR unit - Week 33 with relatively low MFs and low tfer costs.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
:wave: I am looking for the winning numbers for the next power ball lottery :wave:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I'm looking for Fairbanks, AK, week 9, 2bdm igloo. Maintenance fee MUST be less than $2000. Willing to pay closing.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'd like to acquire Allen House in London and/or Fitzgerald Castle in Ireland for free. I'd be fine with paying closing costs.

Reaction score
Looking for free:
*Estero Island Beach Club
*Sarasota Sands
*Marina at Snug Harbour
*GulfPointe of Naples

mustang

Reaction score
wish list

I would like Capri by the Sea, or See the sea Sandiego, Ca.

Rancher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bargain Timeshares

Looking for Meadow Lake Resort in Montana. Two bedroom in Sept. or early October. Willing to negotiate on everything.

SusanRN

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a method to my madness

Although some members apparently think the responders here are idiots or incredibly naive, I had a valid reason for submitting the post I did, which was, to reiterate: looking for a Marriott Harbour Lake 2BR (not L/O) in gold plus or platinum season; annual or EOY.
Many savvy owners of multiple time shares clearly read this bulletin board. Perhaps one owns what I want, is willing to shed it, and will contact me with a reasonable offer. That's what I want. Will it be less than $500? I doubt it, but I would hope it might not be much more than twice that, which is supported by EBay pricing.
I know there is a "wanted" list in Classified Ads," but I have to post my actual e-mail address there, which I do not want to do. Yes, I know one can create a g-mail account, or whatever, but if a response to that ad is all I'm looking for, it's a pain-in-the-tail to check it.
Perhaps other posters also had reasonable motives for their posts.
BTW, I find lurking on TUG occasionally to be invaluable...and if your knowledge extends to how to circumvent the issue I raised, please fill me in. Thanks. Susan

dogwood7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would add my dream location. Westin St. John, summer week, at least a 2 bedroom unit.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Perhaps other posters also had reasonable motives for their posts.

Thanks. Susan

Several months ago right here in the Bargain Deals forum someone posted a "wanted ad," and I initially took them to task for it. At the time it seemed ridiculous to see someone post an ad for what they were asking for, because (as I recall) they said they'd be willing to discuss owner incentives to get them to take the (desirable) week off their hands. It seemed like they not only wanted the week for free, but they wanted the seller to help them pay for the closing.

In turn, *I* was taken to task for not being visionary enough to accept that the person had guts enough to ask for what they wanted. I was made to understand that asking for something on TUG is not only within limits, but it's also kind of expected of people. So I in turn posted my own "wanted ad" in the same forum, asking for the Coronado Beach Resort week I'm looking for. Like you, I also hope there is someone who owns what I want, and they just want out. I'm a fair guy, and I'm willing to wait for what I want. No harm, no foul.

So this thread was started by a known eBay reseller, (who I think I've dealt with - after awhile they kind of run together...) I figure someone who is in the business of acquiring weeks to sell on the low resale market would be in a great position to acquire the week that may be exactly what I want. (There is a two bedroom CBR week on eBay right now, which would be great, but it's the wrong fixed week to suit my vacation schedule.) So I posted my own wanted ad in this thread, for the same reasons you mention.

Some people may think this thread isn't serious, but hey - this is TUG, and who knows what sort of magic may turn up? As I was pointedly told in the other thread, if you don't ask for what you want, you may not get it. So we'll see. :)

Dave

Last edited:

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
About six months back or so, a Four seasons Aviara went for 400...lasted precisely 2:20 min on tug ads... ;)

Never say never ...:)

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week on ebay a annual platinum Harbour Lake closed at $460.. I was so tempted but don't need another week! I've been tracking ebay pricing.. will let you know if another one shows up.. :)

Although some members apparently think the responders here are idiots or incredibly naive, I had a valid reason for submitting the post I did, which was, to reiterate: looking for a Marriott Harbour Lake 2BR (not L/O) in gold plus or platinum season; annual or EOY.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aruba

OK I will add my wish list.

Winter week ( 1-10 ) in Aruba. Must be a resort on the beach and must have view of the water from my balcony. Will consider any size unit studio through 2BR.

Prefer the following in order of preference;

!) Playa Linda
2) Costa Linda
3) Divi Beach resort or Divi Phoenix
4) La Cabana
5) Renaissance Aruba
6) Riu (can't remember name of timeshare on RIU property)

Not interested in the following even for free;

Carribean Palm Village
La Quinta
Occidental

I may also consider non winter weeks at preferred listed resorts in Aruba or winter weeks at any other Caribbean Island but must be Gold Crown, 5 star property if price is right.:cheer: :hi:

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week on ebay a annual platinum Harbour Lake closed at $460.. I was so tempted but don't need another week! I've been tracking ebay pricing.. will let you know if another one shows up.. :)

Yes, it was so tempting...
I had hard time not looking at it for the last 1 min of that auction!

GPLACERS

Reaction score
Looking for Big Island, Hawaii 1/13-1/20

Looking for Big Island, Hawaii 1/12/12-1/19/12 or 1/13-1/20. 1 bedroom preferred with King bed.

shoeslover05

Reaction score
looking for southern CA coastal timeshare

First off, thank you to Kieth for suggesting & started this thread. Anyhow, im looking for a CA coastal timeshares. Im open for multi resorts, annual, or EOY. If any one has any deal or information, your effort us greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.