• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are some things you say that make you feel old?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I could still get down on my knees, but after having both knees replaced, it's not an option unless it's really thick, padded carpet. When something feel under the dresser, I was able to get on the floor to reach it, but then had to roll across the floor to a chair. Getting up was even harder because I couldn't help laughing at myself.
I too have a knee replacement. But picture this, I had a muscle removed from lower abdomen and had a lot of trouble getting up to a standing position. I was at a pro golf tournament when a pro hit his ball into the crowd. My chair was overturned and I am on my hands and knees and cant get up;furthermore camera is panning the crowd.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I was at a pro golf tournament when a pro hit his ball into the crowd. My chair was overturned and I am on my hands and knees and cant get up;furthermore camera is panning the crowd.

Yeah, but did the golfer make par?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Another thread on Tug has a member asking for help with her iPad. I'm reminded of the old wisecrack about "When your VCR clock is blinking *12:00* *12:00* *12:00* and you're out of electrical tape to cover it up, go get the 13-year-old next door. He'll program it for you." :)

Does anybody even have a VCR anymore? I have one in the closet I drag out now and then, to look at old home recordings of family things that I haven't had converted to DVD yet.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thread on Tug has a member asking for help with her iPad. I'm reminded of the old wisecrack about "When your VCR clock is blinking *12:00* *12:00* *12:00* and you're out of electrical tape to cover it up, go get the 13-year-old next door. He'll program it for you." :)

Does anybody even have a VCR anymore? I have one in the closet I drag out now and then, to look at old home recordings of family things that I haven't had converted to DVD yet.
I do. It's a combo VCR & DVD player. I haven't played a tape or disc on it in years. Not even sure it works.

I'm noticing more of those 'senior moments'. Like I made a pot of steel-cut oatmeal Friday in the Instant Pot (had to read the instructions to refresh myself). We left town for the weekend, and this morning I poured myself a bowl of cold cereal, not remembering I had the oats in the fridge until I was putting the milk back in. DUH!

The alarm clock in the guest room has been blinking 12:00- 12:00- 12:00 for months. We've even had guests in that room since it started. Maybe I should either reset it or unplug it and send it to Goodwill. No point in rushing into a decision.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Lately I find I’m wondering which remote control to pick up. I think we have three or four in every room. And they’re all a little different.

Dave

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
When Tom Selleck promotes reverse mortgages on TV.

When Tom Selleck says, "If you are over 62 . . . "

Same for Alex Trabek.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
When my nieces and nephews can't relate to the music I listen too.

Our nephews, even our great nieces and nephews, have always liked the same music we do, but that's understandable because it is the best music.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
"Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick!"

:) Please, I'm begging, don't anybody be offended! This was my Irish Catholic mom's one and only curse word saved for the worst of the worst infractions, and I definitely feel old when I blurt it out. (I also still have no idea how it originated but have heard others use it, too.)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

:) Please, I'm begging, don't anybody be offended! This was my Irish Catholic mom's one and only curse word saved for the worst of the worst infractions, and I definitely feel old when I blurt it out. (I also still have no idea how it originated but have heard others use it, too.)

Cliff knew I was his kind of woman on our second date when I was ironing a blouse in the bedroom while he sat on the living room sofa waiting for me. I burned myself and let loose with a nine word string of profanity that was word for word the curse my dad would use. “God * son of a *ing mother *ing bastard”!

Reminds me that it had been decades since I ironed things. When we opened our business 30 years ago, 80+ hour work weeks meant Cliff’s dress shirts went to the cleaners. Now they get hung damp and smoothed out. Closest I get to ironing these days is putting a holiday table cloth on the table and using a warm iron to press fold lines out without melting the table pad beneath it.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Cliff knew I was his kind of woman on our second date when I was ironing a blouse in the bedroom while he sat on the living room sofa waiting for me. I burned myself and let loose with a nine word string of profanity that was word for word the curse my dad would use. “God * son of a *ing mother *ing bastard”!

Reminds me that it had been decades since I ironed things. When we opened our business 30 years ago, 80+ hour work weeks meant Cliff’s dress shirts went to the cleaners. Now they get hung damp and smoothed out. Closest I get to ironing these days is putting a holiday table cloth on the table and using a warm iron to press fold lines out without melting the table pad beneath it.

But I am unclear on one thing - did it hurt? :D

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

Quite the bad girl weren't we. ;)

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_H._Christ

PS: Are you sure it wasn't on a "popsicle stick"?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

As a career sailor, I wouldn’t even blink if I heard that. :D

Dave

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
We always said "... on a crutch" (1970-ish, New York); not sure why unless maybe to make the rhythm more dactylic. We surmised that "H" was for "Horatio" but I'm sure that was because we lacked guidance from Wikipedia.

I must say, this thread has taken a completely unexpected turn!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
At my in-laws on Sunday, the "kids" (in their 30's) noticed that Grandpa had never peeled the fake digital time sticker (12:00) off of his digital clock. How he and my mil could tell time on that thing is puzzling. We all had a good laugh about the sticker. Apparently it's been on that clock since they bought it a few months ago.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Lately I find I’m wondering which remote control to pick up. I think we have three or four in every room. And they’re all a little different.

Dave
The bane of my existence. I mean, I can figure out timeshare systems, but can't turn on the tv? Or switch from cable to netflix because I can't figure out the right remote control to use. This one actually makes me a bit salty. :D