• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s the wildest adventure you went on while timesharing?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Ok, mine is zip lining at the Rio in Vegas. It took 2 days to be convinced to go on it as I’m terrified of heights.

2 shots of tequila and putting on a depends later, away I went.

Weeeeeee.

Yes, I needed that depends... sigh I’m such a baby.

So, what’s the wildest adventure you went on while timesharing? Got a pic to share? Even better.

9d6dd1a781f740a443c64fcb9681e672.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I could never do that! I am so scared of heights!

I tend to not do any kind of thrill seeking things.

I mean just going up the ski lift at Smuggs (for a candlelit dinner with a snowshoe walk down Sterling Mountain) freaked me out!

I think the one thing that was scary to me was snowmobiling through Smugglers Notch at night with a group. Husband was driving and I was holding on for dear life. My arms were getting so tired from the vibration. Couldn't see anything. Two younger guys were speeding and went off the road and into an embankment.

I wouldn't do it again!

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using public transit in Myrtle Beach! The bus never came and finally at 1030 pm somebody told us that the bus driver was probably in a bar drinking all the nights proceeds! Taxied it back to Ocean Watch! Besides that no wild adventures but we did go Kayaking in Hilton Head in March last year and it was amazing! Cold but so much fun-even was dolphins.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have so far ziplined in Hawaii (2 Islands total of 3 times) Fiji, Roturua New Zealand, Vancouver BC, Vancouver Island BC, and Cabo ( this also include repelling, cliff climbing, 2 strand wire bridge, and 4 strand wire bridge). During our Zip on Vancouver we turned ourselves up side down. Bike ride from the very top of Haleakala to the Ocean. 8 mile Hike (4 miles each way) along part of Kalalau trail to Hanakapiai Falls.

By the way Patti is scared of heights.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Took a wrong turn from Powerhouse Estate on foot looking for a bus, we walked for an hour in the wrong direction. A nice local woman stopped her car and asked us if we were ok, she drove us to Ennis where we caught a bus back to the resort.
It was a pretty walk, even though we had no clue where we were going!
This was in Ireland.
Silentg

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I love ziplining! I have ziplined in Cabo San Lucas, St. Lucia, and two different lines in Las Vegas (downtown and Linq).

@Fredflintstone I didn't know there was a zipline out at the Rio! I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in Las Vegas.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I love ziplining! I have ziplined in Cabo San Lucas, St. Lucia, and two different lines in Las Vegas (downtown and Linq).

@Fredflintstone I didn't know there was a zipline out at the Rio! I'll have to give it a try next time I'm in Las Vegas.

Oh yeah! Give it a try. Its a blast....a couple of drinks eAses the fear.

I got a groupon for it and then its half price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Not a big one but it was a challenge. Climbing Mt Washington via Tuckerman's ravine.

Wow! That is a BIG one for sure! We took the Cog. ;)

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On our first trip to Aruba, we got caught in sudden rainstorm downtown. As we huddled under an awning, a local stopped his car, and asked if he could give us a ride back to our resort. We gratefully accepted, and then, when he dropped us off at the (then) Sonesta Suites, we offered him some money, which he of course refused and was only a little insulted. ;)

On a later trip, when our daughter was just 10 months old, a waitress at the Amsterdam Manor was so taken with Alexa, she asked if she could take her back to the kitchen to show her to the kitchen staff. And we said okay, and then remarked that a complete stranger in a foreign country had just walked away with our daughter *and* our credit card. ;)

In any other country, both of those scenarios would have been very adventurous. In Aruba, they both went well. (And our daughter returned, with free treats in hand, having beguiled the entire kitchen and wait staff at the Amsterdam Manor...)

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is a BIG one for sure! We took the Cog. ;)

On a high adventure scout trip we backpacked into the Great Gulf Wilderness. On Washington day we started a bit higher with only 3000 ft of climbing. But then we did the whole traverse of the Presidential's. It took me 13 hrs and by the end of the day I could not stand. I could walk but not stand still.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
On a high adventure scout trip we backpacked into the Great Gulf Wilderness. On Washington day we started a bit higher with only 3000 ft of climbing. But then we did the whole traverse of the Presidential's. It took me 13 hrs and by the end of the day I could not stand. I could walk but not stand still.

Just wow!

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Snorkeleing with the whale sharks in Cancun. They position you in front of the whale sharks and tell you when to jump. You then swim alongside the whalesharks. It was pretty awesome, but unbelievably difficult for me. I was in no means in good enough shape to do this. Lol. I was so worn out, I had to have help getting back into the boat.

Two of the best overall, were on the big island of Hawaii, so not time share adjacent for us.

In any event, the first was night snorkeling with manta rays. Our trip was coordinated with divers. The divers were on the bottom with a giant bright light shining up. We were on the top holding onto a surfboard with lights around the edges. This created a cylinder of light, which attracted the plankton for the Manta to feed on. The giant manta rays we doing loops between us and the divers. It felt like you could reach out and touch these giants with mouths the size of a cars front end.

The second was a morning snorkeling trip. We stopped at a location where a pod of wild spinner dolphins were in a semi sleep mode. They were doing large lazy circles. You could hear them talking to each others and sometimes coming so close it felt like you could touch them.

For pure snorkeling, the best was the great barrier reef off of Port Townsend, Australia. National geographic had been filming in one spot we went a couple weeks before us, truly incredible.

Yakima Jeff

TUG Member
Reaction score
While staying at the Palm Springs Worldmark in early October 2017, I did the Cactus to Clouds hike, which is acclaimed as having the most elevation gain of any day hike in the country. I started at 4:00 am at the Palm Springs Art Museum parking lot, at elevation 450 feet. After 9 hours and 15.5 miles of hiking on a steep, rocky trail I reached the summit of San Jacinto Peak, elevation 10,834 feet. Then I hiked down to the upper Palm Springs Aerial Tram terminal at 8500 feet and took the tram back down the mountain. Total hike was 21 miles, with 11,000 feet of elevation gain. Oh, yes, I was 70 years old at the time. I will attempt to attach a summit photo.

P1340595,edited,cropped.jpg

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably the night-time bioluminescent kayak tour on Grand Cayman: taking off into the ocean on a kayak in almost pitch-dark, riding thru some little waves and hitting a few unidentified objects with my paddle, was pretty adrenalin-making. It was worth it though!

Here's my wildest adventure at/from a timeshare destination, tho we weren't timesharing at the time: we airplane- hitchhiked back to San Diego, after a stay in Cabo San Lucas. I think it was from the airport in Los Cabos because there wasn't an airport yet in Cabo San Lucas. When the airport personnel saw us asking around for ride, they directed us to the correct little office, and asked for us. When we didn't get a ride that day, they put us up for the night in the airport ambulance, so we could stretch out!! First thing next morning, they got us a ride in a single-engine 4-seater. During the ride a call came in that someone was lost at sea, so our hosts took an extra hour circling over the ocean looking, to no avail. (It sure was freezing up there!) We were backpackers and had heard all sorts of stories about how hard it was for folks like us to get back thru US customs, but we were breezed thru, we guessed because we came back with rich people. This was 1971 and I would never have the nerve to do this now.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
10 years ago, while staying at the Hanalei Bay resort we did the one day kayak from Haena beach to Polihale-17 miles of paddling! We did have a nice wind and current to help us along. It was a beautiful way to see the Napali coast- the sea caves, beaches, cliffs, fantastic. It was a long day and would love o do it again. They met us on the beach at polihale and helped us beach to boats and then drove us back to hanalei. The beach landing at polihale was kinda rough and a couple of boats tipped over but it was a wonderful experience.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
My dad took a quick side trip to the afterlife
Somehow he managed to make it back to us thanks to well-placed guardian angels.

This is just too much of a tease! I think you should flesh your story out. ;)

skimeup

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
Diving with sharks. Once we were outside of Capetown in a rented timeshare and we decided we wanted to go diving with great white sharks. We drove to the landing site and it was a windy overcast day with big surf. We were signed up in the only boat that went out that day. We put on wet suits (ugh), they lowered the cage for us to get into, and then tossed heads of tuna out into the water. Pretty soon the sharks came right up to the cage and believe me, their teeth are as big as they look in movies and tv! We were actually pretty lucky that the weather was so gad. No other boats were out luring the sharks - we had them all to ourselves! And half of the people on the boat were ralphing over the far side of the boat. Fortunately I don''t get seasick, so I could take advantage of the extra time to be down in the shark tank!

We inadvertently dived with sharks when I was in Kauii. We went on a boat tour around towards the pali, and got off the boat to swim. Lo and behold there were small tiger sharks swimming with us. When we got back in the boat we asked why we weren't told about the tiger sharks. The answer: they never actually bother people. Yikes!

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is just too much of a tease! I think you should flesh your story out. ;)

75 yo dad snorkeling with my family of 4. Lifeguard spotted him floating facedown (just like all the other snorkelers).

<please no comments on how didn’t we notice. much guilt all around and a new appreciation for assigning one on one buddy system in/around water no matter how strong a swimmer you are>

We have no idea how/why/how long he was unconscious, but he was very blue/purple and had no pulse. I hope to never see anybody in that state again.

There was another guest in the area that was a physician and she took charge before the paramedics arrived. She performed 3 rounds of cpr and brought back his pulse/breathing . He regained consciousness in the ambulance. ICU + regular hospital stay. Has since made a complete recovery.

tgeul

TUG Member
Reaction score
While not dangerous, we went on a Camel Ride in the Baha desert near Los Cabos. It was not only fun but very informative about Camel's, the Desert Cactus.
One of the more memorable adventures during our long traveling career.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Scuba diving to 115 feet of Fort Lauderdale Beach, Ziplining in Costa Rica and Helicopter tour over the Volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii. Next up is a Float Plane ride over the Glaciers in Alaska in September. My favorite adventure so far was Dogsledding in the Tetons.
Suzanne