TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Westin St. John-room type??

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by dokken88, Sep 6, 2018.

1. dokken88

dokken88 Guest

I've completed my purchase and was " practice booking" at WSJ. BIG QUESTION..I want a studio at VIRGIN GRAND ONLY! It appears villas down below are same value...I have ZERO DESIRE to be down below. Is there anyway to assure I'm in Virgin Grand?
    This is not my home resort.
    THANKS!
    Btw..when I practice book Villa type is showing studio premium...only Virgin Grand has studio prem and lower units would show as just studio??

2. alexadeparis

alexadeparis TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Points: Shell, Wyndham ODD, Starwood EVEN, Hilton EVEN, Hyatt ODD, Annual: WSJ, TPU
    Yes, studio premium should be VGV, you might be able to tell depending on what week you book also, since the season chart for VGV is slightly different. But at the end of the day, they can and will put you in any available unit of that size if it is a Staroptions reservation.

3. LisaRex

LisaRex TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
    As Alexadeparis says, the only way to GUARANTEE that you'll be in the VG phase is to own in that phase and/or rent from a VG owner who booked the week during his home resort period. Otherwise, even if your confirmation seems to indicate one phase, they can move you to any villa in the entire complex, as long as it sleeps a minimum of what you booked. A few years ago, I booked a 2 bdrm villa and was moved to a 2 bdrm loft.

4. tomandrobin

tomandrobin TUG Member

Exactly.....You can book the premium, but the resort can put you in any "like" room accommodation.

5. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    Just call the WSJ Front Desk (e.g. the Wed before a Sat checkin) and have them put your request on your reservation.
    They likely would be happy to put you in a VGV studio - the VGV studios probably have the lowest occupancy rate based on my observations during our vacation period (mid-June).

6. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

Except if you fill out the "diamond Lane" form (or whatever it's called) and the front desk decides you don't need the sleeping capacity that you booked. I booked a 2 BR that sleeps 8, when I called ahead and subsequently when I arrived at the resort, because I only filled out the names for 4 people they were putting us in a 2 BR that sleeps 6. I politely discussed this with the front desk and ended up in a huge, very nice, 2 BR loft that slept 10. When I tried to discuss this on the phone with both the resort and owner services I got no where. My advice is if you fill out the diamond lane form make sure you add Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Bruce Banner & Peter Parker to your registered guest list.

7. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    The studios only have occupancy of 4 people.
    Again... just call and request
    (and Adapt)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk