• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
That shows either a bot read your email or an employee glanced at it for key words and didn't read it to understand it. Pathetic.

Well this is just the icing on the cake. I received a call from Vistana Owner Services claiming I asked for a REFUND of my WSJ taxes and they're really sorry but that can't be done because it is billed directly from the VI. Seriously where did this come from? :wall: I asked for my tax statement. I'm not sure anyone there can actually read. :shrug: Where someone came up with the fairy tale that I asked for a flipping refund is beyond me. We pay these people how much???:doh:

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Looks like Dorian is now a Hurricane Category 1. It's hovering over St. Thomas - St. John - St. Croix... However, it's moving fast and hopefully will be out of the way sometime this evening... on it's way to Florida. Crossing fingers there isn't much damage. A Category 1 is no Category 5, however.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thank you for your insights.

I reviewed the StarOptions charts again and noted that the studios in Virgin Grand are listed as Premium Studio Villas, so it looks like that is where we will be. We had hoped to try the studios down below, but we are happy to be anywhere in the resort.

And I will keep watching to see if we can add a night or two.

Best regards.

Mike

In follow up to my earlier post, I called Vistana to check on availability to add 1 night to our existing 4 night reservation, which would be a Saturday night. The rep said that reservations starting on a Saturday are now limited to a minimum of 7 nights. In addition he said that any other reservations need to be a minimum of 3 nights. This last comment is consistent with what I saw online when I was looking for potential options.

Are these recent changes? At any rate, we are happy we were able to reserve a 4 night stay.

Best regards.

Mike

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I received my WSJ-VGV Property Tax statements today for both weeks - they were mailed in a single Vistana envelope to my current address (moved since last year).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Is Virgin Grand the only HOA to get these tax bills? I have never heard anything about taxes on Coral Vista.

This is my understanding - part of the MFs. Perhaps BV, but I think just VGV.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Did you get your Marriott nightly stay credits for staying at WSJ? I didn’t. After contacting Marriott, I was told this does not qualify as we didn’t have any qualified charges???

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Did you get your Marriott nightly stay credits for staying at WSJ? I didn’t. After contacting Marriott, I was told this does not qualify as we didn’t have any qualified charges???

This is incorrect. Check the thread on this topic. You will need to inform them of the section that states these stays count. They also think we are asking for BV points, but it is Nite/Stay credits we are qualified for.

I received credit for our 2nd week - need to go back (once again) to get credit for our first week.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I always charge something to the room, even if it’s as small as a cup of coffee. That way there is a final folio generated that shows all the stay details. I’ve never had an issue getting night credits either automatically or submitting a missing stay request and uploading that final folio.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I always charge something to the room, even if it’s as small as a cup of coffee. That way there is a final folio generated that shows all the stay details. I’ve never had an issue getting night credits either automatically or submitting a missing stay request and uploading that final folio.
Yeah, I wish we did. We actually bought coffee and pastries from the the cafe but just paid cash. Live and learn. I never thought this is going to be an issue as my Marriott timeshare stays ( including II exchanges and getaways) always appear without problem. Guess Starwood integration is just too much for Marriott to handle!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
In follow up to my earlier post, I called Vistana to check on availability to add 1 night to our existing 4 night reservation, which would be a Saturday night. The rep said that reservations starting on a Saturday are now limited to a minimum of 7 nights. In addition he said that any other reservations need to be a minimum of 3 nights. This last comment is consistent with what I saw online when I was looking for potential options.

Are these recent changes? At any rate, we are happy we were able to reserve a 4 night stay.

Best regards.

Mike
I have a 14 day resie and wanted to add one more night. I was told there is a three night minimum at WSJ. This is the only resort that has this restriction. I made a 4 night resie for my daughter but it is a Monday thru Friday.

I had not heard of the 7 night or longer for Saturday check in. I wonder why???

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I just sold my Week 32 2BR for $2500 by listing on craigslist. I paid stamp tax and buyer paid the rest of closing costs. There is a market out there. It may take some time but it will sell! I also listed on Redweek with zero interest. We are sad to part with our week but will return by either renting from owners or using AirBnb/VRBO
I am curious about what location? Your home town Craigslist or a USVI one? I have had no response to my redweek rental ad for February and want to expand my advertising.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
This is incorrect. Check the thread on this topic. You will need to inform them of the section that states these stays count. They also think we are asking for BV points, but it is Nite/Stay credits we are qualified for.

I received credit for our 2nd week - need to go back (once again) to get credit for our first week.

As a follow up - they are confusing getting BV points and getting credit for night stays. You do get an invoice that shows your stays because you pay that BS $25/day ‘Environmental’ Fee. You do not get BV points for paying this fee.

I have this invoice and sent in to get credit for nite stays. They denied, after multiple attempts - success for one of my weeks. IMPORTANTLY - I sent them their own section of Users Agreement (or whatever it is called...) - Section 7.2b that specifically states that VSE stays count toward nite-stays.

See this thread -
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/elite-night-credit-on-vistana-stays.277832/

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As a follow up - they are confusing getting BV points and getting credit for night stays. You do get an invoice that shows your stays because you pay that BS $25/day ‘Environmental’ Fee. You do not get BV points for paying this fee.

I have this invoice and sent in to get credit for nite stays. They denied, after multiple attempts - success for one of my weeks. IMPORTANTLY - I sent them their own section of Users Agreement (or whatever it is called...) - Section 7.2b that specifically states that VSE stays count toward nite-stays.

See this thread -
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/elite-night-credit-on-vistana-stays.277832/
Thank you! I’ll give it one more try. The nightly stay credit doesn’t matter to me much as I’m already Lifetime Titanium, but it just pisses me off for not giving what we deserve.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thank you! I’ll give it one more try. The nightly stay credit doesn’t matter to me much as I’m already Lifetime Titanium, but it just pisses me off for not giving what we deserve.

I had no success calling. Use the online method for claiming nite stays. You will need to include invoice.

Once they deny you - and they will because they do not know WTF is going on. Respond to them to look at Section 7.2.b in their own Loyalty T&Cs that they link in the denial email.

sachia007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had no success calling. Use the online method for claiming nite stays. You will need to include invoice.

Once they deny you - and they will because they do not know WTF is going on. Respond to them to look at Section 7.2.b in their own Loyalty T&Cs that they link in the denial email.

We stayed this past Feb. - when did they start giving the nightly stay credit?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We stayed this past Feb. - when did they start giving the nightly stay credit?

Nightly stay credits for Vistana stays began when the two loyalty programs were merged on August 18, 2018.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just to report back: after a few back and forth email exchanges, Marriott did add the nightly stay credits to my account. Next time when I stay in a Westin timeshare, I’ll make sure to charge everything to the room. Thanks everyone (especially DavidnRobin) for your help!

jschmeling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flying tomorrow - how's the weather at the resort? And is there a page where I can verify if the car barges are running or if the water is too rough?

As usual we're renting from Amalie Car Rental - love their service and team.

I was really happy with the WSJ team - I asked for a change in the reservation from the Coral Vista two bedroom loft to the main floor two bedroom that's all on one level because we're bringing my mother-in-law. They emailed me for a confirmation, but it went into my spam folder, and then they called me to ask me to confirm. Hugely appreciated!!!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

jschmeling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably the quietest I've ever seen it, still a great day, a little wind and a few waves, but great at the resort. Mostly closed up - no Snorkels food or bar service - but they have a buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner available. Haven't gone into Cruz Bay today so not sure what's open and not open.

Yesterday at Maho we saw at least 6 different adult turtles and three very small ones. A stingray. A few fish, including some sort of puffer, ballyhoo, and a few other tiny fish.