• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
That is so sad to hear about Caneel Bay. It is a St John landmark. I hope things will work out and it will be re-opened one day.

Me too.
As discussed - Caneel is not WSJ, and visa versa.
Caneel has a truly beautiful location, but our WSJ villa has a kitchen, W/D, and a pool/BBQ/patio with incredible view within a few steps. As a honeymoon/romantic experience- Caneel. However, even though the beach at WSJ (GCB) is not like the other great beaches - WSJ is a great stay (with villa and resort amenities) especially for us over 2 weeks. And Caneel is 10 mins away - we go to Honeymoon thru Caneel.

Instead of coming over from STT (and not buying WSJ), why not just rent from an WSJ Owner? It is a great resort on its own, and with a car - access to the entire island.

Last edited:

tammymacb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company my daughter could call to make an offer on a WSJ unit? The unit is listed by Tropical Reality, but there has been no response to either phone call (it is a VI #) or email. The property does have an MLS number so I'm guessing anyone who belongs to MLS could handle it? I contacted OM and they aren't MLS.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Does anyone know of a company my daughter could call to make an offer on a WSJ unit? The unit is listed by Tropical Reality, but there has been no response to either phone call (it is a VI #) or email. The property does have an MLS number so I'm guessing anyone who belongs to MLS could handle it? I contacted OM and they aren't MLS.

If you have an MLS number - contact a more well known STJ Realtor to see if listing is still valid. Google search will find a few.

It is not unusual for STJ businesses to be on ‘Island Time’ - add in the fact that STJ had 2 major hurricanes may be reason for lack of timely response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
FWIW, there have been reports on a STJ FaceBook group that SB and CV Owners have been able to make reservations for early 2019.

Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
FWIW, there have been reports on a STJ FaceBook group that SB and CV Owners have been able to make reservations for early 20019.

Wow, that's some serious planning ahead. :);) JK

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It seems that there are units showing up for exchange and getaways for later this month and early next on II now.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It seems that there are units showing up for exchange and getaways for later this month and early next on II now.

If I understand correctly from this post - there are WSJ units on II for this month and next - yet... the resort is closed until 2019?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes. Someone posted a screen shot with May and June weeks 3 br. May 20. Looked again it isn't the WSJ it is the Grand Bay Residence Club. I guess I always associate ST John only with WSJ.

noel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am hoping that I can either be pointed in the right direction to answer my question or find it here. Backstory: I "won" an auction on Ebay for a Sunset Bay villa and am happy with the sale. It's a floating week 19-50. I have't paid yet as the contact person at the title company wasn't able to answer any questions to my satisfaction and then raised a new one.

She said I wouldn't receive a deed or a title but rather a "membership certificate", which is "sort of the same thing as a deed or a title" but how "things are done in the Virgin Islands". Is this a round about way of explaining that I don't have an actual villa number but points that float? She suggested that I contact the "facility" to have that better explained. I called Westin and the service rep I spoke with said that WSJ is deed or title and she never heard of "membership certificate".

Thanks,
Jeannine

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Hi,
I am hoping that I can either be pointed in the right direction to answer my question or find it here. Backstory: I "won" an auction on Ebay for a Sunset Bay villa and am happy with the sale. It's a floating week 19-50. I have't paid yet as the contact person at the title company wasn't able to answer any questions to my satisfaction and then raised a new one.

She said I wouldn't receive a deed or a title but rather a "membership certificate", which is "sort of the same thing as a deed or a title" but how "things are done in the Virgin Islands". Is this a round about way of explaining that I don't have an actual villa number but points that float? She suggested that I contact the "facility" to have that better explained. I called Westin and the service rep I spoke with said that WSJ is deed or title and she never heard of "membership certificate".

Thanks,
Jeannine
Hi. I own in Coral Vista. Phase 3. And you purchased in Phase 4 Sunset. Yes, you get a certificate and yes, you don’t own a specific unit but a number of points in your season that allows you to reserve 12 months out in that season based on the number of points you own. In the FAQ or stickie on this forum you can see what the number of points you purchased will translate to what size unit you can reserve.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Congrats on your pending sale and membership! Pat has your answer in the above post.

If you go the last two weeks in July, we will see you at the beaches and pool.

noel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. I own in Coral Vista. Phase 3. And you purchased in Phase 4 Sunset. Yes, you get a certificate and yes, you don’t own a specific unit but a number of points in your season that allows you to reserve 12 months out in that season based on the number of points you own. In the FAQ or stickie on this forum you can see what the number of points you purchased will translate to what size unit you can reserve.

Thank you very much! There is such a wealth of information here and thank you for being so generous with your answers!

Congrats on your pending sale and membership! Pat has your answer in the above post.

If you go the last two weeks in July, we will see you at the beaches and pool.

Thank you - we are looking forward to many weeks there!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you very much! There is such a wealth of information here and thank you for being so generous with your answers!

Thank you - we are looking forward to many weeks there!
I will also add that your ownership of 18ish -50 could afford you different unit sizes. So be sure you are happy with what you purchase. Weeks 18/34 are more points then 35-50. Make sure it fits your needs.

noel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will also add that your ownership of 18ish -50 could afford you different unit sizes. So be sure you are happy with what you purchase. Weeks 18/34 are more points then 35-50. Make sure it fits your needs.

Thank you for pointing this out. It's 148,100 points and since our kids are in college now, we have more flexibility regarding time and size. But looking at the chart it's easy to see how the points add up!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for pointing this out. It's 148,100 points and since our kids are in college now, we have more flexibility regarding time and size. But looking at the chart it's easy to see how the points add up!
148K is good. Two bedroom 18-34. More then 2 BR 35-50 (97.5) As David said, be aware of the Maint Fee.

noel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also- if this was the recent WSJ-SB eBay listing that was discussed - be cautious- it contained inaccurate and misinformation.
Importantly- the MFs listed were incorrect.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/westin-st-john-sunset-bay-phase-mandatory.273998/

Thank you. I noticed that,as I knew the maintenance fees were halved this year. When I contacted the seller he said they were just listing the fees for 2018, which is sneaky and certainly would have been a surprise had I not known.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thank you. I noticed that,as I knew the maintenance fees were halved this year. When I contacted the seller he said they were just listing the fees for 2018, which is sneaky and certainly would have been a surprise had I not known.

Just make sure you have all docs in order (and what you are committing to - resale HomeResort points) - this ad had too many red flags.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s with hope that this can be a real resource that I inform you of my new website: Www.westinstjohnownersinfo.com

I am NOT selling anything, moderators, so I hope this is ok. It’s simply an information resource. I am also NOT a website guru, so I did my best to put at least the basic info out there. I will be refining and adding to it as time permits, but I suck at the website editing part, so it takes me forever.

I decided to do this because it was so frustrating looking in a million different timeshare related places every time I wanted to fact check a potential purchase. I am sure I am not alone in wanting all this stuff in one place. By the way, I am in the closing process now on a pool villa for my birthday week, and will be an official WSJ owner when it reopens. I’m so excited!

I did link to all the WSJ master threads, if this is not ok, moderators, please let me know and I will remove. WSJ lovers, please feel free to let me know what else we should put up on there. MF data will be added next, to the best of my ability. Then some area links, and so on. Let me know what you think would be a helpful addition. Also any comments, concerns, problems, errors, submissions, etc.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s with hope that this can be a real resource that I inform you of my new website: Www.westinstjohnownersinfo.com

I am NOT selling anything, moderators, so I hope this is ok. It’s simply an information resource. I am also NOT a website guru, so I did my best to put at least the basic info out there. I will be refining and adding to it as time permits, but I suck at the website editing part, so it takes me forever.

I decided to do this because it was so frustrating looking in a million different timeshare related places every time I wanted to fact check a potential purchase. I am sure I am not alone in wanting all this stuff in one place. By the way, I am in the closing process now on a pool villa for my birthday week, and will be an official WSJ owner when it reopens. I’m so excited!

I did link to all the WSJ master threads, if this is not ok, moderators, please let me know and I will remove. WSJ lovers, please feel free to let me know what else we should put up on there. MF data will be added next, to the best of my ability. Then some area links, and so on. Let me know what you think would be a helpful addition. Also any comments, concerns, problems, errors, submissions, etc.
You are my hero today...enjoy the pool villa...

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

Congrats on the pool villa purchase :banana:

A couple of WIBNIs (Wouldn't it be nice if...) as an old manager used to say, are restaurants and ferry/car ferry info and an announcement page/link/widget (like in sharepoint)
But as restaurants, ferry stuff could change quite a bit over time, I'm not sure how much time you regularly want to devote to maintaining the website.
(maybe some retired WSJ owners could help :D)
btw, that manager hated WIBNIs...he wanted REQUIREMENTS!!!

BBDad57

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Westin Kierland, Westin Coral Vista, Westin Sunset Bay
My guess is online since it’s not Clickable. :)
We have 2 weeks booked in CV for the first 2 weeks of March, 2019 and 1 week booked in SB for the first week of March. However, they may now be sold out.

BBDad57

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Westin Kierland, Westin Coral Vista, Westin Sunset Bay

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats on the pool villa purchase :banana:

A couple of WIBNIs (Wouldn't it be nice if...) as an old manager used to say, are restaurants and ferry/car ferry info and an announcement page/link/widget (like in sharepoint)
But as restaurants, ferry stuff could change quite a bit over time, I'm not sure how much time you regularly want to devote to maintaining the website.
(maybe some retired WSJ owners could help :D)
btw, that manager hated WIBNIs...he wanted REQUIREMENTS!!!

I added a bunch of links over the weekend, let me know what else you would like to see.