TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Westin Los Cabos Golf

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by dsmrp, Oct 13, 2018.

1. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club
    We have an exchange stay planned in mid- November. The guys, especially my brother-in-law, will want to play a round of golf. I see online the resort is associated to 3 golf courses and found the posted public rates. Can exchange guests at the resort get a lower green fees rate than the public rates?

How far in advance would you recommend making a tee time reservation?
    The Cabo Real golf course from pictures looks really nice; right by the ocean.

Thanks!

2. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    I bet the Westin Los Cabos activity concierge can answer that question and they just happen to have a toll-free number: 1-844-260-9083

DannyTS likes this.
  3. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

I would love to hear what you find out ... biggest regret on Cabo trip last year was not playing golf

4. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

Also, off topic but DO NOT miss the opportunity to go to Cabo Pulmo and do a snorkeling adventure. We drove our car there and just hired a guy out there and it was AMAZING. One of the Top 5 vacation days I have ever had.

If you drive come around from the North ... DO NOT DRIVE IN FROM THE SOUTH!

5. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks for the number; I thought the concierge staff would contact us as we got closer to our stay. I'll likely call. I seem to do the initial research on all the travel stuff; if I leave it up to my family guys, they would be asking when we're in Cabo. Not a bad thing tho' to teach them to plan ;) but my brother-in-law is a little too old to teach new planning tricks ... and he's the golfer on a budget!

Thanks good to know, we love snorkeling. Yes, we're driving. Why do you recommend approaching from the north? bad roads? the locals? PM me if you prefer.
    thanks again.

6. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

The roads are terrible! ... unpacked sand, driving thru riverbeds, alongside cliffs with huge dropoffs, not well maintained. Your google maps will suggest coming from the north. The trip from the south looked more scenic but I had no idea the conditions of the roads. 60 miles or so of poorly maintained roads from the south. Only 8 coming from the north.

dsmrp likes this.
  7. JIMinNC

JIMinNC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, Hawaii
    Marriott's Barony Beach Club, Hilton Head
    Marriott Destination Club Trust Points
    HGVC at Sea World
    Tell me more about Cabo Pulmo...we'll be back in Cabo at the Westin in January and saw that Cabo Adventures has a snorkel tour to Cabo Pulmo that sounded interesting.

8. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

for $55 a person we were taken on a personal 4 person, 2-3 hour snorkel trip, swam over a school of 30,000 fish and swam with sea lions no more than 2 feet from us. It was amazing. We hadn't made any reservations and just showed up to check the area out. The snorkel trip was just a spur of the moment decision.

These are the guys we went out with.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...res-Cabo_Pulmo_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

We went off-season last October so it may be busier in January

9. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wow thanks so much for the tips about Cabo Pulmo. So much to see and do down there. Not sure how much relaxing we'll do LOL.

10. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Well, it doesn't look like TS exchangers get any different rates than the public at the 3 golf courses affiliated with the resort. A person on concierge staff sent me a link to the Questro Golf website:
    https://questrogolf.com/rates-promos

In high season, beginning in November, the rates are really up there. DH and I are certainly not golfers.
    I'm not sure my brother-in-law golfer wants to golf as much as he wants to go sports fishing.