• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar Video

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Very nice. Well done. Thanks.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you , great video. headed there tomorrow for the first time. we are at SDO now and the head of concierge services opened and spent 4 years at Lagunamar so she gave me a lot of pointers. can't wait.

Last edited:

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for sharing.

It appears there isn't as much supply of Lagunamar in the getaways this year.

I could be wrong as we haven't been members long enough to have a real history for it.

I thought November dates would be populated by now but it doesn't appear so.

Looks like we boosted to much about the place. Cabo San Lucas, here we come!

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Awesome, thanks for sharing.

It appears there isn't as much supply of Lagunamar in the getaways this year.

I could be wrong as we haven't been members long enough to have a real history for it.

I thought November dates would be populated by now but it doesn't appear so.

Looks like we boosted to much about the place. Cabo San Lucas, here we come!

I think the huge amount of inventory last year was because of the pool closures.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice video, we are headed back in June and can't wait. Seeing the quick view, Did you have an ocean front/beach front room?

Lee

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I think the huge amount of inventory last year was because of the pool closures.
I haven't looked recently but a month back there were a lot of Aug, Sept getaways. We grabbed an Aug. exchange, went last yr at that time and it was great. We saved our SO s and used our Hyatt points in interval. Can't wait. We are staying this month at Grand Luxxe and think we may regret not doing Lagunamar instead. At the time we had a choice. We thought we'd try something different but I cant imagine liking it as much.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked recently but a month back there were a lot of Aug, Sept getaways. We grabbed an Aug. exchange, went last yr at that time and it was great. We saved our SO s and used our Hyatt points in interval. Can't wait. We are staying this month at Grand Luxxe and think we may regret not doing Lagunamar instead. At the time we had a choice. We thought we'd try something different but I cant imagine liking it as much.
Our first choice is Lagunamar, but we are looking at Cabo San Lucas or Puerto Vallarta for this November/December. It's one of those choices of where do you go. Somewhere that you have really enjoyed and have more to see, or go somewhere new that you may also love but may not.

We are also looking at 1 week on the west side, 1 week on the east side.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
You are THE early riser!

elleny76

Reaction score
Looking to Book The Grand Luxxe for 2019..Please let me know your experience. PM info thanks and enjoy it!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thanks for sharing your video. Please do a TUG review of your stay and include a link to your video with it. I'm sure it would be
most appreciated.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for sharing your video. Please do a TUG review of your stay and include a link to your video with it. I'm sure it would be
most appreciated.
I had already posted a view, but I did request that the Resort Video link for the Westin Laguanamar be updated and I see that it now points to my video!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Looking to Book The Grand Luxxe for 2019..Please let me know your experience. PM info thanks and enjoy it!
Lagunamar vs Grand Luxxe: Are we having fun? Yes. Would I come back? probably not. Cons: unlike Lagunamar the ocean is brownish from the river run off and is farther back to get to. It is also difficult to leave here, they closed off an entrance to encourage folks to use their restaurants.We found a way around it by walking the beach and got to experience Neuvo Vallarta. There are also no hot tubs here and the pools are cooler than I prefer. But there is tons to do. The gym is great, one of the nicest Ive seen and they come around and instruct you on proper lifting etc. If you are a golfer you will love it. There are shows on the beach that are fun. We prefer Lagunamar for many reasons.I like the ability to come and go and explore at Lagunamar. I will PM you details soon

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Thanks for the video. It’s my favorite timeshare of all time.