TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Westin Flex success

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by cubigbird, Aug 5, 2018.

1. cubigbird

cubigbird Tug Review Crew Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay
    So I’m curious.....do we have any data or idea the success of Vistana getting people to surrender their weeks and buy into Westin Flex??? It seems sales is aggressively trying to get weeks back. I wonder how many existing owners are willing to pony up the big bucks to “upgrade?”

2. The Haileys

The Haileys Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
    We were actually told to hang onto our deeded week at WKORV, and to not even consider cashing it in for Flex, even though the MF would be considerably lower.

Yeah, every now and then a TS sales person will be brutally honest.

Sugarcubesea and controller1 like this.
  3. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    +1 - We've been told that for the last two owner updates we've attended.

4. PamMo

PamMo Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Really? You guys must be very special! We've been told we should trade in our WKORV oceanview to buy Flex @ Nanea. I thought it was odd that they were not interested in our oceanfronts for Flex.

5. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    They're not interested in your Oceanfronts because those are not being placed in the Flex program. My WKORVN units are Oceanfront.

6. PamMo

PamMo Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Can Flex owners not use their points to get into oceanfront units?

7. cubigbird

Resorts Owned:
    On my last update they were pretty aggressive in wanting me to turn in my individual Kierland deeds. We actually use our weeks in our deeded season and never trade them internally or externally, and would therefore never upgrade to Flex. That would do the very opposite of what I need it for. The sales person was even trying to get me to believe that this is where EVERYTHING is going and EVERYONE is trading in their weeks and that at some point I’m going to be the only owner left with my traditional week and therefore would not be able to book my time. Hardly. This is even after the reminder that my original contract is just that, a contract and that can’t be taken away. My “no” had to be pretty firm.

In any case, I posed the original question in this thread because the push for Flex seems to be pretty hard, and even harder for trade ins if you have something they want you to trade in. I’m curious to the success of the Flex program and churn rate....

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    canesfan and PamMo like this.
  8. okwiater

okwiater TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
    WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
    WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
    SMV 2B Plat+
    Sheraton Flex (x2)
    No, there are no oceanfront units in the Flex pool.

9. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    As @okwiater said, there are no OF units in the Flex pool. However, if Westin Flex was purchased from the developer one could use StarOptions for OF units if any were available at the 8-month mark. Usually, the only ones available, if any, are the Studio units.

10. controller1

controller1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Westin KORVN OF
    Westin Nanea OF
    Westin FLEX
    I do have a concern on the number of uninformed owners that will buy that line and thus decrease the available pool for owners of traditional deeded weeks.

11. cubigbird

Resorts Owned:
    I agree, this is an overall concern of mine too, again the reason for my question in post #1. I'm curious to see how much success they are having at talking folks into paying big bucks to trade in their currently held weeks. Additionally I am worried that sales is spinning Flex as book any of the Flex resorts at 12 months out at any time, without the important disclaimer that there has to be a week available inside the trust for the reservation to be made -- subject to availability that is. They can't sell something that does not exist.

I guess it all depends on if you own a week that they REALLY want in Flex, therefore the pressure to trade in gets ratcheted up.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018