• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We Tried Ina, Alton, Ree, and Martha's Best Thanksgiving Recipes, and There Were Clear Winners

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thanks for that... very timely.
I intend to try Ina's turkey, mashed taters and green beans.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I've got a favorite turkey recipe from another food celebrity, Giada de Laurentis. A friend recommended it, and after using it for several years, it's become my go to recipe as well. In general, I think most turkey is pretty bland, so using the fresh herbs plus the herbs de Provence and the citrus in the turkey cavity all help give it a subtle flavor that's really tasty. It doesn't overwhelm the turkey but just enhances it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...-herbes-de-provence-and-citrus-recipe-1943593

I'm also planning to buy a Costco roast chicken for dinner tonight so I can use the leftovers and bones to make homemade chicken stock for my Thanksgiving gravy and to moisten the stuffing. It's so much tastier than the canned broth.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I’m trying Ina’s simple recipe, butter, thyme and lemon zest. Rub it under the skin and on. Stuff with onion, garlic and the rest of the lemon. Tie it up and bake 2-1/2 hrs at 350.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We Tested 4 Popular Cornbread Stuffing Recipes...

My cornbread stuffing recipe:
1. Buy a box of Stove-Top or bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing.
2. Follow directions on box or bag.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Last year my foodie friend was mentioning that she was making her gravy base. I had no idea what "gravy base" was, so of course I googled it and in that process found a recipe for both turkey and gravy base from Tom Colicchio https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/tom-colicchios-herb-butter-turkey-233118 Everything was so amazing. The turkey was out of this world, but wow, gravy made with gravy base was so much better than I knew possible. I'm using the recipe again this year and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Thanks to that article, I'm trying the Ina 3 day dry brine method for the first time. Hope the turkey has thawed enough by tomorrow so I can do everything!

Beachclubmum

Reaction score

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Our solution: Sprouts. They provide the entire dinner, and it's darn good.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
This year, we're just going down to the private dining room on the cruise ship. Biggest disadvantage: No leftovers, so none of those wonderful turkey/dressing/cranberry sandwiches after the main event.

Due to location, our Thursday will be Wednesday in the U.S., And that's a port day in Japan, but the next day (our Friday) will coincide with Thanksgiving at home, and will be a sea day. Nobody asked me, but if they had, I would've suggested waiting a day and 'celebrating' with the folks at home. I guess we'll take it as it comes.

Today and tomorrow we are in Kobe. And I'm gonna taste that beef! Yesterday's lunch was in the 'Tuna Capitol of Japan', and the sashimi was totally over the top!

Jim

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m trying Ina’s simple recipe, butter, thyme and lemon zest. Rub it under the skin and on. Stuff with onion, garlic and the rest of the lemon. Tie it up and bake 2-1/2 hrs at 350.

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday, and I used Ina Garten's turkey, gravy, and stuffing recipes as a guide. Every one was delicious! I added more broth and spices to the dressing, as others recommended. Yummy! DH said it was the best turkey ever! I sure used up a lot of butter!!!!!!

Beachclubmum

Reaction score

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday, and I used Ina Garten's turkey, gravy, and stuffing recipes as a guide. Every one was delicious! I added more broth and spices to the dressing, as others recommended. Yummy! DH said it was the best turkey ever! I sure used up a lot of butter!!!!!!

That's the recipe I'm trying! Just removed the plastic wrap for day 3 of dry brining...today it sits out uncovered in the fridge. The lemon zest and thyme smelled really good when I unwrapped it. Can't wait to see how it turns out tomorrow.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Family consensus: the Ina turkey recipe was the best we've ever tasted!

I am currently roasting Ina's turkey (a 20-lb'er) with a a few variations:
I used Giada De Laurentiis' Herbs de Provence instead of Ina's butter-baste.
I added Giada's ingredients (orange, rosemary, sage & oregano) to Ina's stuffing.
Also, per Martha Stewart, I put cheesecloth soaked in the baste over the breast.

We shall soon see how this mash-up has turns out.