• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We just had an 8 hour 53 minute owner's update

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
What is PIC?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
What is PIC?

There may be better definitions out there, but for me, PIC is the process by which I can deposit my RCI weeks and points into my Wyndham account AND have those points count toward VIP status with Wyndham. I have to pay a monthly charge to Wyndham for this right (it's about $0.57 per 1K points) but no other fees until (unless) I actually exercise the PIC process (which I do NOT have to do each year, but I can). As I recall, the charge to actually do the PIC is $89.

Doing this allows me to move RCI points to Wyndham.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Now I have to rescind and start over.

I don't question your decision to rescind. But after almost 9 hours of haggling and finally coming to an agreement was there one thing )or multiple things) that led you to rescind? Just curious!

George

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't question your decision to rescind. But after almost 9 hours of haggling and finally coming to an agreement was there one thing )or multiple things) that led you to rescind? Just curious!

George

1.) It was 9 hours.
2.) We only got 1 offer. And it wasn't all that great in retrospect. 21K for 105k with 2 PICs (which is a long story all on its own.)
3.) They were trying to have us use PIC Express for DVC without even understanding what PIC Express was.
4.) A sales manager told us that RCI owned DVC. (Talk about things that make you go hmmm.)

tomt73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lake Placid Club Lodges, Las Brisas de Santa Fe.
In 2010, at a Wyndham property in New Orleans, I agreed to "inspect a newly re-furbished unit" and give them my comments. Suddenly I was in presentation hell. I asked one question concerning how to convert weeks to points. NINE wasted hours later (one afternoon and part of the next morning, including having the Wyndham Regional Sales Director join the table), I stood up, said, "I'm done," and walked out. I have refused all such "invitations" since.

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did an update yesterday at the Wyndham Royal Gardens in Waikiki. I was told it would last 45 minutes and I would receive an $100 Amex gift card. They picked us up and took us to the Wyndham Waikiki. The sales guy asked when was the last time I had an owners update. I told him about six months ago at my home resort in Vegas. I told him we get one every time we go there, which is about twice a year. He pulled up our profile, noticed we have been owners since 2004, with 231k points annually. He asked how I purchased my points, told him we purchased 154k on resale market in 2004, didn’t remember exactly from who or where, for about 2k, then another 77k on eBay back in 2013, for about $300, also told him we owned another timeshare at Taihiti Village in Vegas, which I mainly use for trades on RCI and overpaid for that one, which was $340, that I should of received for free. Basically, it was me doing most of the talking for about 20 minutes and we were done. The sales rep didn’t want to waste any more of his time or mine. We used the gift card on a full sized car rental for one day. I always do an owners update, I won’t settle for anything less than a $75 Amex gift card. My wife knows it’s a game for me and only goes if I promise to keep it short, which I always do. The shortest update we ever done was 5 minutes, the longest 30 minutes.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
So, what size purchase do you need to make to PIC?

Minimum for an existing owner is 49k per PIC to the best of my understanding.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
So how much per thousand might a piggy-backed contract be?

The two resorts that I've heard do this are Wyndham Flagstaff and Wyndham Ocean Ridge. A member on here was able to purchase a 413k point piggy back contract at $41/1000 points IIRC. He then combined that with a minimum 49k developer contract purchase and it got him to permanent Platinum status. Not sure if these piggy back contracts are still possible - it's on the to-do list to validate once I get my PIC VIP Gold contract in place later this month.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that I did ask corporate about this option and the explanation was that they are discounted heavily because of high MFs. Not sure how accurate this is but will follow up and find out more detail at some point.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
And only pay MFs. When you use it.
Just because you use DVC or anything else for PIC doesn’t mean you have to actually exchange the week for Wyndham points.
The two weeks I have in PIC Plus have never been deposited in RCI and exchanged for Wyndham points.
I just pay the $144 program fee on each 3bdr and receive my VIP Platinum treatment on my Wyndham purchased and resale points.

A DVC owner can use their ownership just as they did before they used it for a PIC. It’s the owners choice if they want to pay the $89 fee each year to exchange their PIC for Wyndham points.

The best PIC is one that you already use and continue to use as you did in the past but now you get credit towards VIP levels with Wyndham even if you never exchange your PIC for Wyndham points

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk