• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We just had an 8 hour 53 minute owner's update

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Still why did it take 8 hours?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still why did it take 8 hours?

Well they went down the PIC Express route with lots of misinformation. We caught it on the contract. So then we needed to change directions to get PIC Plus. So we PICed 508K points.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on the contract(s) involved, if someone is interested, ask the Wyndham Destinations sales office. I am interested in chasing a critter I do not think I can get. That is a 10,000 point old Fairfield point contract, preferably through Wyndham. They apparently are not offering the smallest of of the old contracts at this point. I was told they are going off to Club Wyndham Access.

We got a Blue Thread offer which would get us to Gold. The jury is still out on that decision.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So you were considering PIC'ing DVC? You can rent DVC for $13-16 per point fairly easily.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So how much per thousand might a piggy-backed contract be?

Well they went down the PIC Express route with lots of misinformation. We caught it on the contract. So then we needed to change directions to get PIC Plus. So we PICed 508K points.

We got a Blue Thread offer which would get us to Gold. The jury is still out on that decision.

This explains why the sales meeting lasted almost 9 hours. You expressed a desire for more points. Those salesweasels are trained to detect the slightest interest and like sharks circling when they sense blood in the water, a feeding frenzy ensues.

Funny thing, when you just say, NO, the presentation ends and they go on to the next target. You lose the right to gripe when they just provide the information you ask for.

Jim

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you were considering PIC'ing DVC? You can rent DVC for $13-16 per point fairly easily.
They can still rent or use their DVC contracts like they always did.
Using PICs is the cheapest way to obtain Wyndham VIP levels whether you do or not exchange your PIC week for Wyndham points

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you share what the Blue Thread offer was or is?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
DVC can never be used with PIC plus. Only resorts that can be (but you don't have to) deposited into rci weeks. Hopefully the 2 resorts they used really are PIC plus eligible because if you find out too late then it could be too late to cancel the purchase contract and you still won't be VIP. Wydham doesn't make it their job to pre-determine if it is eligible. If you try to enroll a non rci weeks timeshare it will simply void the PIC contract but not the purchase contract.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Honestly, this part especially sounds like sales hogwash.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The blue thead offer is probably to get you gold status on the hotel reward side and has nothing to do with Wyndham vacation resorts. Was it more than a credit card offer?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC can never be used with PIC plus. Only resorts that can be (but you don't have to) deposited into rci weeks. Hopefully the 2 resorts they used really are PIC plus eligible because if you find out too late then it could be too late to cancel the purchase contract and you still won't be VIP. Wydham doesn't make it their job to pre-determine if it is eligible. If you try to enroll a non rci weeks timeshare it will simply void the PIC contract but not the purchase contract.

Words of wisdom. We are out of there. Thank you for the guidance.

BillyBob444

Reaction score
Excellent point that sales person lost five (5) 60-90 minute sales presentation that day or is this the new norm for Wyndham?

Also, my spouse would never ever speak to me again after this.
Boy you lucked out there.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why anybody would PIC DVC weeks. Wouldn't you buy a cheap time share and PIC that. The idea is pay less maintenance for your points, not more. DVC has expensive maintenance.

Joe

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why anybody would PIC DVC weeks. Wouldn't you buy a cheap time share and PIC that. The idea is pay less maintenance for your points, not more. DVC has expensive maintenance.
Just because you use DVC or anything else for PIC doesn’t mean you have to actually exchange the week for Wyndham points.
The two weeks I have in PIC Plus have never been deposited in RCI and exchanged for Wyndham points.
I just pay the $144 program fee on each 3bdr and receive my VIP Platinum treatment on my Wyndham purchased and resale points.

A DVC owner can use their ownership just as they did before they used it for a PIC. It’s the owners choice if they want to pay the $89 fee each year to exchange their PIC for Wyndham points.

The best PIC is one that you already use and continue to use as you did in the past but now you get credit towards VIP levels with Wyndham even if you never exchange your PIC for Wyndham points

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Joe

The issue in this situation is that as I understand it, DVC can only be used for PIC Express, so the question would be why would you buy retail points from Wyndham for only five years of VIP Silver? And the answer is, they've chosen not to. They've moved on to a PIC Plus offer that will involve them acquiring other properties to use for permanent PIC.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
The best PIC is one that you already use and continue to use as you did in the past but now you get credit towards VIP levels with Wyndham even if you never exchange your PIC for Wyndham points
Very True!!! When I originally purchased the RCI Resorts that I eventually PIC'd, they were in points but they were deeded for weeks that I knew I'd use if I ever tired of using them for points. I converted them to weeks for the PIC program and now I plan on actually PIC'ing in 1 year and using them in the 2nd year. More Wyndham points in 1 year and a week I want to use at a specific resort the next year.

As someone who was VERY leery of the PIC program for years, I've come to like how it works.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Somewhere around the 3 hour mark, conventional weapons would have entered into the field of consideration...
Around the 6 hour mark, any weapon may have been utilized....

Wow.

Or, more eloquently said is this:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP are you now a happy camper after 8 hours & 53 minutes of this sales transaction ?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No. Now I have to rescind and start over.
Good Move. Learn as much as you can about the PIC process. After you've done all of your research, learning from the PIC experiences of others, go to an update and get yourself to GOLD. I'm there via PIC and I have no regrets.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
Just because you use DVC or anything else for PIC doesn’t mean you have to actually exchange the week for Wyndham points.
The two weeks I have in PIC Plus have never been deposited in RCI and exchanged for Wyndham points.
I just pay the $144 program fee on each 3bdr and receive my VIP Platinum treatment on my Wyndham purchased and resale points.

Wow, I didn’t know that was an option - I always assumed you had to deposit your PIC week(s). Aside from the required developer purchase and yearly PIC fee, how does Wyndham benefit of you don’t actually deposit your weeks but still retain VIP status on your Wyndham points? Or is the purchase and yearly fees enough of a profit?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or is the purchase and yearly fees enough of a profit?
That's what they want, I'm convinced. Giving someone VIP benefits really does not cost Wyndham much. They want the sale and they want the MF payments. They also want happy customers and people who get VIP via PIC feel like they got a pretty good deal. VIP with a fairly small purchase is a heck of deal, IMHO.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn’t know that was an option - I always assumed you had to deposit your PIC week(s). Aside from the required developer purchase and yearly PIC fee, how does Wyndham benefit of you don’t actually deposit your weeks but still retain VIP status on your Wyndham points? Or is the purchase and yearly fees enough of a profit?

Well at first they were trying to PIC DVC into PIC Express (which is pronounce RUN!!)

PIC Express was 5 year temporary VIP. They can't use your DVC points so it gets you there BUT then you need another developer purchase at the end of the five years.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Our 3BR was done with a 105K purchase and that got us to Gold this year. The 2 BR was done with more than a 105K purchase but that was to get us to the magic number for Silver. I can't believe I'm admitting to buying from the developer, but, I bought with eyes wide open and I paid cash. I slept well after both purchases just as I've done after buying resales off EBay. I don't see ever getting to Platinum unless I can buy one of those discounted Developer resales that apparently were available at some point in the past.

The minimum purchased required to add a PIC into PIC Plus is 49,000 points. This was coming from a Wyndham corporate sales person. The discounted price she said was $10k for that package, but she could get a few 64,000 point packages for around the same price. She said you can enroll two PICs with that 49,000 point purchase. That’s not per PIC.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
So how much per thousand might a piggy-backed contract be?

If you do it through corporate, approximately $204 per 1k points if you buy 49,000 points. If you buy more, the price goes down. I bought some points to add a four bedroom fixed week that I got on eBay for $28. The maintenance fees on that is $849 a year. I get 254k points for that.