• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We just had an 8 hour 53 minute owner's update

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG! What happened to 'Just Say NO!'

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm unsure why anyone would stay that long. There has to be more to this.

Sorry for your experience, but they must have made an offer that kept you there.

What were they offering??

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not only it was a waste of your time, but also a waste of theirs! I wonder what Wyndham was thinking. The opportunity lost is just too much to make business sense.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which resort?

Next time bring a kitchen timer with you ... set it for the REQUIRED gifting presentation time AND then standup and TERMINATE their hostage holding of YOUR GIFT CARD.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! The OP must have received a $1,000 dollars gift card.:shrug: Or three (3) free vacation weeks for their times. Sound like someone violated a fair labor standard law.

I hope the OP received two (2) fifteen (15) breaks and a lunch meal paid by that Wyndham timeshare salesperson.:ponder::ponder::mad::mad::mad:

To the OP, Suggestion, please post this on the Wyndham Facebook and their website.

That situation is what give timeshare a bad reputation IMHP.

That sale pitch was truly over the top.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, what size purchase do you need to make to PIC?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The size should be the same as PIC express. Somewhere between 84,000-105,000 points. The difference has to do with what you are depositing. Your DVC would never be eligible for PIC plus. Only weeks that you can deposit into an RCI weeks account can be used for PIC plus. You have to own the week at the time you make the Wyndham purchase and the PIC contract is made for that specific week at the time of purchase.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I can’t imagine! Why did you stay that long?

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
Did you show legitimate interest in what they were offering? They must have had a reason to keep you so long...

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well at first they said they would PIC DVC for Express BUT nobody knew that it expired after 5 years. So then they offered 2 PIC in Plus instead.

So I pay MF to my original TS. Wyndham gets .57/1000 and $89 each to deposit. They were saying something about $2395 each PIC but that gets waived with a developer purchase.

So, short of the TS dropping out of PIC, are there any hidden surprises or fees anywhere? We PICed two 3-born with $787 MF each for 508K.

Is 98k or 105k the minimum for 2 PIC? There seems to be some confusion on this point.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! The OP must have received a $1,000 dollars gift card.:shrug: Or three (3) free vacation weeks for their times. Sound like someone violated a fair labor standard law.

I hope the OP received two (2) fifteen (15) breaks and a lunch meal paid by that Wyndham timeshare salesperson.:ponder::ponder::mad::mad::mad:

To the OP, Suggestion, please post this on the Wyndham Facebook and their website.

That situation is what give timeshare a bad reputation IMHP.

That sale pitch was truly over the top.

Breakfast and 20k Wyndham Rewards

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well at first they said they would PIC DVC for Express BUT nobody knew that it expired after 5 years. So then they offered 2 PIC in Plus instead.

So I pay MF to my original TS. Wyndham gets .57/1000 and $89 each to deposit. They were saying something about $2395 each PIC but that gets waived with a developer purchase.

So, short of the TS dropping out of PIC, are there any hidden surprises or fees anywhere? We PICed two 3-born with $787 MF each for 508K.

Is 98k or 105k the minimum for 2 PIC? There seems to be some confusion on this point.
When we did ours they said 105k contract per PIC contract. 2 PICs 210k contract. Ours were both 3bdr so it might be less for a 1 or 2bdr

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Our 3BR was done with a 105K purchase and that got us to Gold this year. The 2 BR was done with more than a 105K purchase but that was to get us to the magic number for Silver. I can't believe I'm admitting to buying from the developer, but, I bought with eyes wide open and I paid cash. I slept well after both purchases just as I've done after buying resales off EBay. I don't see ever getting to Platinum unless I can buy one of those discounted Developer resales that apparently were available at some point in the past.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Im pretty sure id either be dead myself, or trying to clean up the crime scene if I'd been in a sales presentation that long!

BillyBob444

Reaction score
[Inappropriate comment deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
And there will be no more updates Ever.

No more because you decided that or because you did something so bad that you are now banned from further updates? At what point were you tired of the spiel?

You may have saved 5 couples from going through 60 - 90 minute presentations so thanks for taking one for the team.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
No more because you decided that or because you did something so bad that you are now banned from further updates? At what point were you tired of the spiel?

You may have saved 5 couples from going through 60 - 90 minute presentations so thanks for taking one for the team.

Excellent point that sales person lost five (5) 60-90 minute sales presentation that day or is this the new norm for Wyndham?

Also, my spouse would never ever speak to me again after this.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our 3BR was done with a 105K purchase and that got us to Gold this year. The 2 BR was done with more than a 105K purchase but that was to get us to the magic number for Silver. I can't believe I'm admitting to buying from the developer, but, I bought with eyes wide open and I paid cash. I slept well after both purchases just as I've done after buying resales off EBay. I don't see ever getting to Platinum unless I can buy one of those discounted Developer resales that apparently were available at some point in the past.

At least at one Wyndham Destinations sales office, they can sell a developer purchase and a Wyndham pre-owned contract (aka discounted developer resales) It is referred to as piggy backing.

A interesting way to cost average contracts towards VIP status.

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Wow.

Are you sure you weren't hypnotized and forced to sign a half-dozen contracts during the time your memory is 'blank?'
like @TUGBrian said; I'd have to be sedated or there would be a slaughter after about 3 hours.
It would definitely be 'justifiable homicide.'

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least at one Wyndham Destinations sales office, they can sell a developer purchase and a Wyndham pre-owned contract (aka discounted developer resales) It is referred to as piggy backing.

So how much per thousand might a piggy-backed contract be?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on the contract(s) involved, if someone is interested, ask the Wyndham Destinations sales office. I am interested in chasing a critter I do not think I can get. That is a 10,000 point old Fairfield point contract, preferably through Wyndham. They apparently are not offering the smallest of of the old contracts at this point. I was told they are going off to Club Wyndham Access.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought from Wyndham recently with a PIC right, then call them back ask them about it. Since it so close to the purchase, if made, they may do one for you.