• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are now full time timesharing

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Yes, renting now...for a while

We now have joined the other “full-timers” who still have a place to hang their hat “back home” (even Ray Harper, everyone’s inspiration, had a condo he went back to;: he was only out “full-timing” for six months at a time.) As we sold our house in 2008, we were literally “homeless” except we had the great timeshare “homes” all around the country to stay in. Initially we thought we would go for two years and then we would know where we wanted to retire. But we liked everywhere we went! So after six years of no home base, we have decided to rent our son’s condo in Renton, Washington to have a home base there, although we will still be going out timesharing: and the reasoning to do this?????
Grandkids growing up! Our oldest has his senior year next year and the youngest is 11…not that many more years left.

However, we still do not have our “home”! Our important “homey” things are still stored in the East: Joan’s grandmother’s baby grand piano is at a friend’s house in Ohio and her other grandmother’s antique pump organ is at another friend’s (can’t have those instruments in a storage unit.) Our other family antiques – we sold all the other furniture – are stored in Illinois near where our other son lives, as well as all our family photos, wall pictures, grandfather clock, our dishes and our other clothes – we haven’t had too many with us for all these years being so mobile – these are all in his basement.

Yes, we know the rule: If you haven’t used it for 1 year (or however long you want to say?), you don’t need it. But….at least everything is sorted!

So although we will no longer need to pack and unpack every time we come to Seattle, which we have done for all these years – and it was getting to be harder and harder psychologically to do that – when the storage unit in Seattle was open versus the airline schedule – it is now more relaxing to have our things easily available.
And an extra bonus: finally able to move Joan’s grandmother’s antique Victorian sofa and chair which have been in a storage unit here for seven years!

We just got back from Italy and France so need to get the BLOG entries done for that trip….we’ll be in Seattle now for 6 weeks and then go out again for 3 months.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Travel Website for BC - www.hellobc.com

August 2014

Victoria /vɪkˈtɔriə/ is the capital city of British Columbia, Canada and is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island off Canada's Pacific coast.

Victoria boasts many historic buildings and some of the best museums in Western Canada. The city's Chinatown is the second oldest in North America after San Francisco's.

Enjoy your stay in Victoria the "City of Gardens"

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We now have joined the other “full-timers” who still have a place to hang their hat “back home” (even Ray Harper, everyone’s inspiration, had a condo he went back to;: he was only out “full-timing” for six months at a time.) As we sold our house in 2008, we were literally “homeless” except we had the great timeshare “homes” all around the country to stay in. Initially we thought we would go for two years and then we would know where we wanted to retire. But we liked everywhere we went! So after six years of no home base, we have decided to rent our son’s condo in Renton, Washington to have a home base there, although we will still be going out timesharing: and the reasoning to do this?????
Grandkids growing up! Our oldest has his senior year next year and the youngest is 11…not that many more years left.

However, we still do not have our “home”! Our important “homey” things are still stored in the East: Joan’s grandmother’s baby grand piano is at a friend’s house in Ohio and her other grandmother’s antique pump organ is at another friend’s (can’t have those instruments in a storage unit.) Our other family antiques – we sold all the other furniture – are stored in Illinois near where our other son lives, as well as all our family photos, wall pictures, grandfather clock, our dishes and our other clothes – we haven’t had too many with us for all these years being so mobile – these are all in his basement.

Yes, we know the rule: If you haven’t used it for 1 year (or however long you want to say?), you don’t need it. But….at least everything is sorted!

So although we will no longer need to pack and unpack every time we come to Seattle, which we have done for all these years – and it was getting to be harder and harder psychologically to do that – when the storage unit in Seattle was open versus the airline schedule – it is now more relaxing to have our things easily available.
And an extra bonus: finally able to move Joan’s grandmother’s antique Victorian sofa and chair which have been in a storage unit here for seven years!

We just got back from Italy and France so need to get the BLOG entries done for that trip….we’ll be in Seattle now for 6 weeks and then go out again for 3 months.

Some folks that RV full time own a lot at an RV park with a small permenant building on it. The building is for extra living space or storage, and a real bathroom. Call it home base.

I met a couple a few years ago that rented out their home on the water; All except the dock and the garage. They lived (and traveled) on their sailboat. They stored all their stuff in the garage, and they dock at their dock when they came "home"

I sold a small condo once to a guy and his wife that were moving out of the country for a job. They didnt want to cut their ties to the US or not have a place to come back too. They bought the smallest cheapest condo I could find and they use it as a storage unit.

So it seems folks that do what you do and go "homeless" often maintain a "home base" and there are lots of ways to do that

Ray Harper may have been your inspiration; you are mine......one of these days...

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am un able to check your blog was wondering if you
and your
family are ok

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Itinerary

Hi

Noticed you haven`t updated your timeshare itinerary much for this fall and winter. Any plans for East Coast Mid Atlantic travel in 2015?

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miss Marty,

We leave in a couple of weeks to go to Glacier, Banff, and West Yellowstone. After that we're heading East to Florida for the winter. I haven't updated because I was reading something on Tug about safety when you travel. Not sure yet what I'm going to put on the itinerary. We are planning on attending Ron and Joan's get together in Florida. Are you planning on going?

Hope you are doing well.

Mike&Edie
www.fulltimetimeshare.com

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We've been out on the road now again and spending 5 weeks at our favorite: Telemark. See our latest postings for the great COLORS up here!

fatbullfrog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your adventure!

Mike & Edie,

I just wanted to post and let you know that you helped tremendously with my little family's decision to start travelling full-time.

My wife and I teach our children (ages 8, 5, and 3) at home and had wanted to use travel as a part of our children's education since the first one was little bitty.

We were introduced to timesharing in early 2013 and quickly figured out that it could allow us to travel more. After spending 5 weeks travelling that first year, we knew we'd found the way to affordably turn the world into our childrens' classroom.

Of course, the proposition of full-time travel is a bit daunting, but we were hopeful. We found your blog and our resolve strengthened. Ultimately, we decided to put everything in storage and hit the road -- the worst thing that would happen is that we'd have a bad time and move back into a permanent residence, right?

We let our lease expire and, in the end of July 2014, we went through the wonderful exercise of simplifying our lives down to what could fit in our car, stuffed the rest into a storage unit, and checked into our first time share in downtown Reno, NV ... just 10 minutes from our former residence. We spent a week there, then we were off ...

Now, it's October and we've stayed in Arizona, Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Maine, and now we're in South Carolina.

Everywhere we go, we discover so many things with our children. We look into the science of the place, the history, the foods, and also the art and culture. We are living like never before and we're spending about $1,000 less each month.

I want to thank you for your willingness to share your adventure. It helped us confirm that what we hoped for was actually possible.

When we left, all our friends wanted to know how long we'd be gone. We told them we might be gone for 3 months, or maybe 3 years.

We're now 3 months in and having a blast. Ultimately, I think we'll keep doing it as long as it's fun.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi bullfrog ( fat?)

Fabulous!!! Wonderful family activities and memories. I homeschooled our kids for several years and used traveling to teach. You can imagine how great Hawaii was !! So much history and geology!!

We started out with a five week stay with our first timeshare extended trip too!! Back in 2004.

Best of luck!!

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! I want to read your blog!!!!!Edie and I are delighted that you read our blog and saw new possibilities for yourselves. We really appreciate you taking the time to drop a post to let us know. Sounds exciting, wonderful and a great experience for your kids. We wish you every joy available from being on the road, and every safety. We want to know more about your travels and if you look at our itinerary and we are ever within a 3-4 hour drive, lets meet.

Mike and Edie

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Snow-capped peaks, glistening glaciers and sweeping vistas.

November 2014

Mike and Edie -
Love your pictures from the Canadian Rockies (great screen savers)

Banff National Park
Canada’s first national park, west of Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Jasper National Park
the gentle giant of the Rockies, the largest national park in the Canadian Rockies

1882 Lake of the Little Fishes - Lake Louise - This Emerald Lake was later renamed Lake Louise in honor of Queen Victoria's fourth daughter, Princess Louise Caroline Alberta.

Someday, I would love to visit the Magnificent Canadian Rockies and stay at The Fairmont Chateau Hotel (built over 100 years ago) at Lake Louise.

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miss Marty,
So glad you liked the pictures. It is so beautiful here. We hope that you do get an opportunity to visit the Canadian Rockies and stay at the Fairmont. It did not look like it was a hundred years old. Edie and I had lunch there and spent $47 plus tip and thought it was a little expensive. After looking at the menu's in Banff, we now realize what a bargain lunch that was in a fantastic setting. Looked like a 5 star hotel to us. Very nice. We want to come back and spend a night there.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Early November Snow in West Yellowstone Montana!

Have an enjoyable & scenic thousand mile fall drive
(Montana, Idaho, Nevada) back home to California

WorldMark West Yellowstone 110 Gray Wolf Ave is the perfect t/s location.

I was surprised to noticed (from your pictures) that there isn`t any covered or underground/garage type parking to keep people and their vehicle(s) out of the Montana cold weather and snow.

How much snow did you get?

Yellowstone National Park has been a top tourist destination since its opening in 1872.

Montana is home to the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to Florida

Mike and Edie - Enjoy winter timesharing
in Orlando, Florida - The Sunshine State.

Florida is a state in the southeastern region of the United States, bordered to the west by the Gulf of Mexico, to the north by Alabama and Georgia, to the east by the Atlantic Ocean, and to the south by the Straits of Florida.

The state capital is Tallahassee, the largest city is Jacksonville, and the largest metropolitan area is the Miami metropolitan area.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Feb 2015

Mike and Edie - Enjoy your flight to Rome and 21 day cruise
to Greece, Turkey, France, Spain, Italy, Monaco, and Sicily.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Mike and Edie - Enjoy your flight to Rome and 21 day cruise
to Greece, Turkey, France, Spain, Italy, Monaco, and Sicily.

Oh wow.
Awesome!
Enjoy. Bon voyage. :wave:

Christine:)

vnfilm

Reaction score
WOW !!!! I would love the idea of fulltime timesharing to visit many places . Just wonder if you can share some tips how to start it . What do we need to do. Do we need to purchase a timeshare ? How do you make plan far in advance ( 3 months , 6 months ect...?)

Thank you !!!!!!!!!

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
vnfilm,

To book up months ahead, we mostly use RCI Extra Vacation Sales (best bang for buck and can get for under $300 a week, which is our target). We also use AirBnB and EBay at times. It took us quite a few months to be able to get ready to do this and rent out our home. We try to share everything (good and bad) in the blog, including tips.

Good luck.

Mike & Edie

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WOW !!!! I would love the idea of fulltime timesharing to visit many places . Just wonder if you can share some tips how to start it . What do we need to do. Do we need to purchase a timeshare ? How do you make plan far in advance ( 3 months , 6 months ect...?)

Thank you !!!!!!!!!

We sold our house in 2008 and have been full time ever since , absolutely "homeless." We plan years ahead and so can't use Extra
Vacations so much as Mike and Edie do.... They drive more than we do... We fly from the West Coast to the East Coast so we don't have to have such long drives.

We either exchange (usually not with RCI but the ither companies, especially the smaller ones) or go where we own since we need more of a guarantee as to where we are staying and coordinating with airline tickets ( we had to check on my mother in Seattle so often!!!)

You can check out how we set it up on our BLOG... Start from the beginning ( which is at the bottom)

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike and Edie - Can`t wait to read about your 21 day cruise

Welcome Back

Have a wonderful early Spring timesharing
Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois and Wisconsin.