• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are now full time timesharing

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
East Coast Travels

Mike - Edie - Lexi

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Florida.
Take your time heading up North - Its
cold & snowing here in the North East!

egg1701

Reaction score
Wow I was thinking of doing the same thing. Hell maybe your timeshare resort or RCI might buy you out. LOL This is one way to beat the timeshare system. I have Vacation Village Mizner place, Weston FL you can stay at any three Vacation Village resorts for up to 8 weeks and it always have extra vacation specials.
Good luck and happy vacationing.

egg1701

Reaction score
Hi just finished your blog. We were there the same times you guys were. We were going to go see the Miami New England game but ticket was selling above face value and this was the first time in three years we didn't go to a game. Wish I started Tugs in Early December. Joe and Sandra

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fulltime Timesharing

Mike - Edie - Lexi

Do you have any special places or attractions you would like
to visit during your Feb 2014 East Coast Winter Adventures.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
Williamsburg, Virginia
Manhattan New York City, NY
Atlantic City & Brigantine, NJ
Massanutten, Virginia

egg1701

Reaction score
Good thing you didn't buy. Once they get your money your treated like you like trailer trash. Surprised to see you upgraded to a lockoff for your daughter at that time of the year, and for nothing. Got a B unit in the Viscayna building I was deeded the Addison building which is the nicer view building. Once they get your money they treat you different. Hope you don't get the same treatment with your resort. I posted a bad review on Trip advisers using the same ID egg1701 check it out. I am rooting for you that your resort treats you better. Joe

Last edited:

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know we've updated our costs for January.

Miss Marty,
In Atlantic Beach, NC - we just want to chill out and see the wild ponies, maybe the aquarium, and just relax on the beach (which is a short boardwalk walk away).
In Williamsburg - probably going to do day trips to Washington D.C.
In NYC - mostly go to the shows, take in some museums, see the 9/11 memorial, and take some smaller tours (Wall Street, with NYC Greeters).
Atlantic City, NJ - Not sure. Probably gamble.
Virginia - Not sure. I hear the water park is pretty awesome.
Gatlinburg - Just looks like fun everywhere!

Have a great day!
Edie (Mike & Edie)
www.fulltimetimeshare.com

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
There goes the Budget for February!

Mike - Edie - Lexi

Enjoy your stay in The Big Apple..

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Howdy! We're glad you stopped by to visit Amarillo, Texas.

Founded in 1887

Amarillo is in the center of the Texas Panhandle,
that is bordered by New Mexico and Oklahoma.
Enjoy your trip West!

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know we've updated our costs for January.

Miss Marty,
In Atlantic Beach, NC - we just want to chill out and see the wild ponies, maybe the aquarium, and just relax on the beach (which is a short boardwalk walk away).
In Williamsburg - probably going to do day trips to Washington D.C.
In NYC - mostly go to the shows, take in some museums, see the 9/11 memorial, and take some smaller tours (Wall Street, with NYC Greeters).
Atlantic City, NJ - Not sure. Probably gamble.
Virginia - Not sure. I hear the water park is pretty awesome.
Gatlinburg - Just looks like fun everywhere!

Have a great day!
Edie (Mike & Edie)

I have been very busy this winter. i missed when you were in Atlantic Beach. that is less than an hour from me. Let me know next time you are on the coast of NC.

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have not yet read Mike and Edie's blog, take some time to do so. Very enjoyable, with lots of detail about the timeshares and locales that they visited. I used to look forward to reading their new posts each evening after a long day at work, and am going through withdrawal now that they are back home for a while (but still posting sometimes).

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bxian,

What a great thing to say, we are touched and delighted. It is strange for us not to be documenting our daily activities. We still carry a camera and think of things to write. It is a great way to memorialize the days events. We look at it to settle arguments and answer questions between ourselves. We decided to publish at least weekly, and we are taking a few little trips which we will treat like when we are on the road.

We are fairly busy here. Our daughter is diligently looking for work. She is very open to a career in sales, we think in large part because of all the timeshare presentations she attended with us. It is great being near our son and his girlfriend. We are giving him our Prius. I gave him my 1989 toyota truck, which I bought new and drove for 18 years. We are using the truck to haul things to furnish the mobile home.

We are progressing to getting back on the road. Still much to do but we see progress every day. We wish you deep rest after long days work and thank you for your very kind words.

Mike, Edie, and Lex

Dandc3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blog

Bxian,

What a great thing to say, we are touched and delighted. It is strange for us not to be documenting our daily activities. We still carry a camera and think of things to write. It is a great way to memorialize the days events. We look at it to settle arguments and answer questions between ourselves. We decided to publish at least weekly, and we are taking a few little trips which we will treat like when we are on the road.

We are fairly busy here. Our daughter is diligently looking for work. She is very open to a career in sales, we think in large part because of all the timeshare presentations she attended with us. It is great being near our son and his girlfriend. We are giving him our Prius. I gave him my 1989 toyota truck, which I bought new and drove for 18 years. We are using the truck to haul things to furnish the mobile home.

We are progressing to getting back on the road. Still much to do but we see progress every day. We wish you deep rest after long days work and thank you for your very kind words.

Mike, Edie, and Lex
I have enjoyed reading your blog also. We go full time May 1st. At least for the summer. Best of luck. We know Lexi will do well in the field she chooses.
Dan & Riza

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also want to say I will miss your travel blog. You are both so great at capturing details in both word and photos. I especially enjoyed how you shared this time and travel with Lexi. I'm sure she appreciates having had the opportunity -- I hope she appreciates how blessed she is to have such loving parents. I don't know too many couples who could spend that much time together...let alone adding an adult child to the mix. Last of all I want to say that as a former California Girl (from Santa Cruz) who has been transplanted to Atlanta, I vicariously enjoyed reading of re-entry back to your home base. May you and your family have a Blessed Easter together.

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dandc3
Best wishes to you and yours, we hope your travels are safe and exciting. Thanks so much for following us.

b2bailey

Such kind wishes and words! May your Easter be blessed with those you love. We will post frequently on tug when we get back on the road. I am sure Santa Cruz misses you! We have found some of our best craigslist bargains in the Santa Cruz area. I read your post to Lex and she really appreciated the sentiment. We will be back. Thank you again,

Mike, Edie and Lex

dreamin

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too am a fan of your blog and will continue to check for updates periodically. I'm very interested to see where your travels take you next. I know you were thinking of Europe, which would be so exciting. We just returned from 3 months of timesharing so I can appreciate how much planning you must have done. I can also relate to the stress of moving day as we also moved from one home to the next each week. I'm amazed how you did this with a Prius!

Good luck to Lex with her career planning. It sounds like she's motivated so I'm sure she will find her way. She will always have a love of travel and will find the means to continue seeing the world.

I've sent you a PM as I'm looking for suggestions on timesharing in California.

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Dreamin,

We hope our PM back to you helped a little. It is beautiful here and Edie is chomping at the bit to hit the road again. Lex is looking. She has come close to a few but not found the job yet. It is fun on the road, but I really miss my son when we are gone for so long. Skyping is okay, but really not the same. We are giving him the Prius and I am not sure what we will replace it with. We are going to look at the new Prius V and drive it. Mostly it is a question of our butts comfort and my ability to snake in and out. I am right at 6 feet tall and can only get in our Prius head first. If Edie leaves the roof mounted sun glass holder down, I get skewered in the center of my bald head. I am getting permanent scare tissue in the one spot.

3 months was no small feat on your part. It is interesting to be gone so long. Now that I am back, I can't believe how big the bar of soap is that Edie put in our shower. I drop it all the time and feel like I should hold it with two hands, after a year of the smaller soaps.

Wish you safe travels this winter.

Mike Edie and Lex

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
we are in Europe now and will be posting to our BLOG again after we return on June 10. essentially only going two places: Italy and Normandy ..a WWII memorial. trip as DH father landed at Anzio in 1944. just attended a wonderful. Memorial day service there at the American cemetery.

Normandy next week to be there June 6

no timeshare there but a great vrbo 5 bd villa!!!!

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
West Coast ~ California ~ Oregon

:hi:

June 2014

How are you doing
Miss your updates!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike & Edie welcome to the world of timeshare vacations. Your reviews and travel experience are just amazing. Mike please take care of that "pretty lady."

Last edited:

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fulltimers -

Really enjoy reading your posts and blogs. They are so interesting and informative. Thanks

I only have an II membership right now and have booked some Getaways. Would it be also worth it to also join RCI for their Last Call Vacations? We will be traveling in the future for a few months at a time now that we are retired.

Last edited:

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mss Marty, we miss being on the road and getting your great information, but we're working hard to get our mobile rental ready, and Lexi still hasn't found a job. We're taking monthly trips but really nothing blogable or fun to talk about - unless you enjoy hearing about paint and constructions projects. We're hopeful we'll be back on the road real soon.

Pedro47- Michael does a great job of taking care of everyone. He's pretty wonderful (if I do say so myself).

Beach Star - We have II also but haven't been able to use it. Not sure if I just don't know how to manage the website, or if they just don't have sales and good deals like RCI. We much prefer RCI because of all their sales and we can usually book up for several months and know where we'll be living.

Mike&Edie

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Fulltimers -

I only have an II membership right now and have booked some Getaways. Would it be also worth it to also join RCI for their Last Call Vacations? We will be traveling in the future for a few months at a time now that we are retired.

we dropped II a long time ago. It was limited in getting where we wanted to go and the Getaways were too much $$ layout for us. You should have good luck with RCI's Last Calls like Mike and Edie do; we also like it when they slash their TPU's to 3 or 4.

However, we usually use Platinum Interchange as they have the places we want to go (especially easy to get into Hawaii with them - at least compared to other exchange companies like RCI) and we lk their bonus program. But we also use SFX, DAE and Trading Places. We alternate between those to get what and where we want.