• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Was this a good deal?

Brad Knox

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forums.

I just rescinded a deal last week while visiting Orlando for Hilton Seaworld thanks to the info here.

I just purchased 7K annual points for Seaworld, 2 bedroom platinum week for $5250, closing costs $199+$458 transfer fee. I should get a bill from Hilton for $560 club activation fee and $159 club dues. Maintenance fees are $881.68 + $211.12 taxes but not due until 01/01/2018.

Very reputable seller on ebay who has been selling for years with 100% feedback. Just wanted feedback on this deal, I thought it was very good for the price.

Do you think Hilton will exercise ROFR on this deal?

Thanks

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I would say that is a good deal. As for ROFR, we have seen them exercise for that price but it is really a crap shoot -- just depends on the day and if HGVC thinks they need that inventory to sell. Since SeaWorld is a little bit older property, I think that works in your favor because they don't actively market those weeks to new buyers as much. All I can say is "good luck"!

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
That is an excellent deal. As Kurt said, ROFR is a possibility.
The sooner they get a "request for waiver," the sooner you'll know.
At Seaworld, they have 30 days after receipt to exercise or waive.

Brad Knox

Reaction score
I'm sure it will go through as deal looks like it is for 12k with seller paying broker fees of $6600. Not sure if others have seen this before.

vegasVIP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Vegas HHonors Diamond
Sounds like a very good deal. I got my 7k yearly off E-Bay a few years ago at a Vegas property. I was at 10k with all closing and taxes included.

Brad Knox

Reaction score
My purchase just cleared ROFR, it was $5250 for 7000 points annually at Seaworld, 2 bedroom platinum, MF's are about $1100. Purchased on Ebay from TOCHOA25, process has been flawless so far.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Congratulations on your purchase.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
My purchase just cleared ROFR, it was $5250 for 7000 points annually at Seaworld, 2 bedroom platinum, MF's are about $1100. Purchased on Ebay from TOCHOA25, process has been flawless so far.

Now I feel bad (LOL). In 2011, my resale 7k unit at the Strip in LV was $9500. 3BR Gold I believe.
Back then the MF were $629.70 (or maybe not quite all of them. That's what I reimbursed the seller for to get their 7k points).

Now they're $1039.00

Good job!
Maximize your stays and enjoy your purchase!

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
$1.25/pt upfront including all one-time fees is a great deal. Not to say your buyer isn't legit, but just be aware there have been many (I have seen at least a dozen) eBay users who have had 100% feedback who were scammers. The way they got away with this is because eBay only allows feedback for 60 day, and these scammers would always drag the buyer along past 60 days with supposed closing delays, etc. Anyone who did post negative feedback would rescind their feedback in exchange for a refund. So, no negative feedback, and all the positive feedback was from shills (which you can tell because they are all eBay users with either no feedback or all feedback from the same seller). So, don't trust eBay feedback for real estate transactions. Also, real estate transactions are are explicitly not covered by Buyer Protection through eBay or PayPal. Do tons of due diligence on the actual identity of the seller and their escrow company they are using.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Congrats, glad you found out about resale in time.

Brad Knox

Reaction score
$1.25/pt upfront including all one-time fees is a great deal. Not to say your buyer isn't legit, but just be aware there have been many (I have seen at least a dozen) eBay users who have had 100% feedback who were scammers. The way they got away with this is because eBay only allows feedback for 60 day, and these scammers would always drag the buyer along past 60 days with supposed closing delays, etc. Anyone who did post negative feedback would rescind their feedback in exchange for a refund. So, no negative feedback, and all the positive feedback was from shills (which you can tell because they are all eBay users with either no feedback or all feedback from the same seller). So, don't trust eBay feedback for real estate transactions. Also, real estate transactions are are explicitly not covered by Buyer Protection through eBay or PayPal. Do tons of due diligence on the actual identity of the seller and their escrow company they are using.

I checked them out, the company is "The Timeshare Group LLC" in Ocoee Fl, with excellent reviews and rating with BBB. I also have the Estoppel from Hilton.

They also have 150 positive reviews on Ebay in the last 12 months with no neutral or negative feedback, all were timeshare sales. All the ebay users who left feedback have numerous feedback, some with 500+ so it appears to be legit.

Thanks for the tip as I'm sure this does happen often.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread outside the HGVC forum, but wanted to add these comments here as well. I'm currently working with tochoa25, and all seems well and good. The only thing that seems odd is that, while they have several eBay listings, they tend to have (and end with) 0 bids. In fact, the one I'm working on went that way and I contacted them after and made an offer below their initial bid.

Maybe their MO is to list high and then entertain stuff offline?

Cheers.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
TS ebay sellers rarely have bad ratings as the window on the rating closes before the sale of the transaction. I've often wondered how they get high ratings due to this. Due people post ratings before they close the transaction or are all these reviews just made up.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi everyone, new to the forums.

I just rescinded a deal last week while visiting Orlando for Hilton Seaworld thanks to the info here.

I just purchased 7K annual points for Seaworld, 2 bedroom platinum week for $5250, closing costs $199+$458 transfer fee. I should get a bill from Hilton for $560 club activation fee and $159 club dues. Maintenance fees are $881.68 + $211.12 taxes but not due until 01/01/2018.

Very reputable seller on ebay who has been selling for years with 100% feedback. Just wanted feedback on this deal, I thought it was very good for the price.

Do you think Hilton will exercise ROFR on this deal?

Thanks
How much did rescission save you?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, the initial discussion is from 2.5 years ago. I searched and found this because of the reference to the specific seller, so wanted to keep that element of the info contained here.

Cheers.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Crap. My bad.