• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WARNING Don't rent from National Timeshare Help aka NTHC Travel

RobCFA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sitting on the veranda of Marriott surf watch rented from nthc, very happy with service, convenience and accommodations that nthc provided. I'm sorry the other person is so unhappy. Also, huge fan of TUG and happy to be a part of the community. Hoping I can begin to help others as much as you've helped me. God bless.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
It is incredible how National Timeshare Help Center's lies get exercabated in subsequent posts.

No. YOUR indefensible position was exposed.

The bottom line is we rented for a week, DID NOT ask for a refund for the 3 days we were there,

If you go to a restaurant, and only half of your entree because it wasn't what you expected, do you demand a refund of the portion you didn't eat? Never mind. You probably do.

... the resort was at least 1 mile from any Mardi Gras activity, we left because AFTER Mardi Gras the band playing at the adjacent and across the street bars were making intolarable amounts of noise until 4 am,

You were in New Orleans. During Mardi Gras week. Buy a clue, dude. It will be noisy. Even an entire mile away. That is the rental that you SOUGHT and that was the rental you GOT. The rental company has no more control over bands playing across the street, drunks pissing in the street, and rowdy women exposing their boobs than you do. If you do not enjoy all-night frivolity, then you should avoid places like Times Square on New Year's Eve, Cancun during Spring Break, and New Orleans -- ESPECIALLY during Mardi Gras.

BTW, if the noise from a neighboring establishment was bothersome, you should have called the police -- just like you would at home. It is they who are responsible for upholding local noise ordinances. Besides, it being Mardi Gras week and all, they probably would have appreciated the belly laugh.

...we complained to the resort and they said everything within 100 miles was booked,

Of COURSE it was. You were in New Orleans. During Mardi Gras week.

...and NTHC admitted that they had no alternative accomodations anyway.

Of course there weren't. You were in New Orleans. During Mardi Gras week.

Their whole refusal was based on the fact that I didn't complain to them till day 4.

Well, that certainly didn't help your case. But it didn't matter anyway because you were being unreasonable. They fulfilled the end of your agreement and they were under no obligation to refund any money to you. You rented a week, and you were fully entitled to use your week. You chose to leave. That is YOUR problem.

When I asked them for the name of the alternative accomodations for the first 3 days they refused.....again they refused for day 7 as well.

Get this through your head: They don't owe you ANYTHING beyond what they CONTRACTED with you to provide.

Bottom line is they don't want to take responsibility for anything.

They provided you the accomodations that you paid for. That was 100% their responsibility. And they 100% fulfilled that responsibility. You, on the other hand, are trying to weasel out of full payment.

As a good will gesture and to prove that I was not in this for myself, I offered to have them prove their "respectible" business nature by making a $250 donation to the New Orleans Red Cross.

It was very generous of you to offer to donate $250 of their money, but I'm unsure how this proves anything other than your irrational sense of entitlement.

Did they??? Or course not they just pocketed the $$ for themselves

When you cash your paycheck, do you just pocket the $$ for yourself? Or do you donate $250 to charity, just to prove your respectability? They pocketed the money because (drum roll, please)... it was their money.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
BTW, I, too had never heard of NTHC before this thread. I'll be checking them out for future rentals.

e.bram

Reaction score
If there were NO noise in NOLA during Mardi Gras then the OP would have a major complaint.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, I, too had never heard of NTHC before this thread. I'll be checking them out for future rentals.

Yep. Seems to me the OP has done NTHC a favor with this post. LOL

I'm a relative newbie to TS's, but have rented many condos and TS's in HI over the years. Sounds to me like the OP tried to get a rental for 3 days and was told none was available. Took the week, but then tried this underhanded method of getting the money back for the other 4. Maybe he thought that NTHC, being a smaller rental company, would cave to his demands for fear of losing their business or something. HE WAS WRONG.

I, too, will now add NTHC as a possible source of future vacations! :cheer: Cindi and her company sound like someone I would be happy to deal with.
The OP, OTOH, sounds like a bully. :ignore: