• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WARNING Don't rent from National Timeshare Help aka NTHC Travel

memereDoris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand some of these ascertations !!! Not to know when Matdi Gras is (was) is ridiculous !!! OH Wait !!! Thre was no outside connection with the world, so OP didn't know.
Tony

I do find it possible that someone would not know about a certain holiday date. It's only been a few years since I found out about spring break. Where I'm from, the kids all come home for spring break. There is no partying at the beaches (there are none). It is still snowing today so to us spring break is still winter.

However, this OP specifically asked for the 3 days of Mardi Gras. Total scam.

Pmd1037

Reaction score
NTHC More Lies

It is incredible how National Timeshare Help Center's lies get exercabated in subsequent posts.

The bottom line is we rented for a week, DID NOT ask for a refund for the 3 days we were there, the resort was at least 1 mile from any Mardi Gras activity, we left because AFTER Mardi Gras the banda playing at the adjacent and across the street bars were making intolarable amounts of noise until 4 am, we complained to the resort and they said everything within 100 miles was booked,and NTHC admitted that they had no alternative accomodations anyway. Their whole refusal was based on the fact that I didn't complain to them till day 4.
When I asked them for the name of the alternative accomodations for the first 3 days they refused.....again they refused for day 7 as well

Bottom line is they don't want to take responsibility for anything. As agood will gesture and to prove that I was not in this for myself, I offered to have them prove their "respectible" business nature by making a $250 donaqtion to the New Orleans Red Cross.

Did they??? Or course not they just pocketed the $$ for themselves

Pmd1037

Reaction score
another point about NTHC

Why risk doing business with NTHC National Timeshare Help Center when there are so many good , reputable companies and resorts out there that respect their customers??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Pmd1037 - Why were you visiting New Orleans for those 3 days in particular?

How can you possibly hold NTHC responsible for conditions outside their control, and outside the resort's control?

If you rented an ocean front room in Hawaii and the sound of the waves bothered you, would you demand a refund? If you rented a room near Disneyland and the fireworks bothered you every night, would you hold them responsible? If you traveled to a Nascar race, would you hold them responsible because the race cars were noisy?

I'm sorry - but your position on this is completely illogical.

As agood will gesture and to prove that I was not in this for myself, I offered to have them prove their "respectible" business nature by making a $250 donaqtion to the New Orleans Red Cross.

How does this prove anything? You have an indefensible argument, yet you want NTHC to prove that THEY are honest by making a donation to charity? NTHC is a business - why would they feel any obligation to donate the money that they legally earned from you to charity? Again - completely illogical.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Pmd, you are a nightmare of a customer/ renter. Seriously? You wanted alternate accommodations in New Orleans during Mardi Gras week? You expected NTHC to take care of your problem with noise at the resort, when she had no control over the noise "across the street."

Don't rent a room in a downtown area and expect quiet. You should have investigated before you rented. And it was Mardi Gras week, for crying out loud. What's noisier than that?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Pmd1037,
Thanks for coming back to report on your experience. I recomend you stay away from renting timeshares. With timeshares, especially during busy times there is no way to accommodate changes especially if the need arises from something outside of the resort (like the bar across the street). If you had pre-paid a stay at a hotel that had a 7 night minimum during an event week I doubt they would have refunded your remaining stay but you may have had better luck.

I wouldn't go as far as to say you are trying to scam NTHC for nights you didn't want in the first place but you certainly bear the responsibility of not understanding what you were renting, where you were renting, and what the cancellation/refund policy was.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
NTHC admitted that they had no alternative accomodations anyway.
Why would you think they would have other accommodations? NTHC isn't a hotel chain. Mardi Gras isn't a time of year when one would expect to be able get last-minute accommodations, and it sounds like you were lucky to even get a place at all.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That resort is in the night club area of the city. There are several famous jazz clubs (open late into the evening) and any review (TripAdvisor, Expedia) would have stated what the neighborhood is. Most cities would refer to that type of clubs as "after hours".

Famous jazz and after-hours clubs! Mardi Grais is a festival where as many as possible hometown natives & local come back to "feel" the music and reconnect with family and friends. And those clubs are open year-round to those hours.

I suggest you avoid that neighborhood during JAZZ FEST - last week of April and first week of May --- yes, two solid weeks again - big music time during the day at the Race Track and in the evenings in that neighborhood & other music venues thoughout the city.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am no fan of NTHC(upfront company)

No they aren't.

NTHC has a membership fee - just like TUG, Redweek, Vacation Rentals by Owner, and a host of other resale and rental websites.

That is an entirely different thing than being an "upfront fee" company. Upfront fee companies make cold calls and tell owners that they ALREADY have a buyer or renter for their timeshare. Then they take the upfront fee and ride off into the sunset.

Maybe you don't like NTHC's business model - and that's fine, don't use them, but describing them as an "upfront fee company" is just plain old harassment.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
FWIW, I concur w-DeniseM.

Complaining to NTHC about noise in NOLA during MG, after the rental is over?

Its like a line from Casablanca (1942):
"I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"
"Your winnings, sir."
"Thank you very much. Everybody out at once." -- then demanding a refund.

Try asking Expedia or Kayak to refund you for turbulence. "I had to stay in my seat."

------------------------
From everything I've read about NTHC over the years, they are a stand-up rental brokerage that does not leave a renter high+dry if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

e.bram

Reaction score
When I called them to inquire about their services the gave an outrageous estimate of what my TS could sell for to induce me to list for a non trivial (high) fee to join. They assured me that a sale for that price was imminent.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I agree with the proposal that timeshare rentals are not for you. They just aren't.

When you rent a week of a timeshare, it's yours, warts and all. It's no different than we timeshare owners making an exchange into a resort. If we get to the resort and it's not the view we want, or the neighbours upstairs are loud, or ... whatever, we might approach the resort management. If they can do something, great. If they can't, oh well, that's how it is, frankly.

And when the resort management is saying they can't do anything about (external) noise, to go back to a rental agent and demand either a refund or alternate accomodations during a holiday week like that is just not how it works in the timeshare world.

Really, next time stay in a hotel - more choices exactly where you want to go and you can leave after a day if you like.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Why risk doing business with NTHC National Timeshare Help Center when there are so many good , reputable companies and resorts out there that respect their customers??

PMD - I note that so far in your complaints you have not mentioned the relevant terms and conditions in the rental agreement.

You've talked about what you've expected, but I'm pretty sure that you're expecting something quite different from what was agreed to.

Regarding "service", I've been a client manager in professional for close to 30 years now. "Service" does not mean doing whatever the customer wants; service is providing what was agreed upon.

So exactly what does it say in the rental agreement about your situation?? Did NTHC promise to provide you alternate accommodations if the ones you received were not acceptable?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I called them to inquire about their services the gave an outrageous estimate of what my TS could sell for to induce me to list for a non trivial (high) fee to join. They assured me that a sale for that price was imminent.

Cindy provided her phone number above - if that's what happened, I think you should call her and give her the name of her staff member and all the particulars.

Several times, Cindy has asked you to call her to discuss your dissatisfaction with her company. Have you done that, or do you prefer to just keep harassing her on TUG?

Last edited:

e.bram

Reaction score
If I went to the Mardi Gras , and there was no noise I would be upset. It would mean I was far away fro the action. (why go and had to stay sober). The OP is upset he(she) had to book for a whole week for three days(usual at events)and is trying to scam the renter for refund of those extra days the paid for with some bogus(ridiculous,not so vailed)scheme. Like Denise says, lucky enough to get an oceanfront resort(Mardi Gras) and complaining about the surf noise?????

JoyC

TUG Member
Reaction score
NTHC

The bottom line is:

NTHC is a very reputable company, I have rented from them and rented out to them a number of times throughout the years, never have any problems.

NTHC has good customer service and reasonable priced rentals.

JoyC

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous to expect a refund of 4 nights due to noise during Mardi Gras week in New Orleans????

I once spent a weekend in NY at a hotel on Lexington Avenue and was not aware that it was next to a fire station. The second night of my stay there was a fire at 2:00AM and the sirens went off as all of the fire trucks left with alarms blaring and woke me up. The noise continued for more an hour and I never did get back to sleep. I guess the hotel should have given me a refund because they should tell everyone that they are next door to a fire station???

I didn't check any reviews just booked this hotel on line because it was close to the wedding reception hall we were attending.

My fault so I will not stay at this hotel again so that I don't have to worry about a fire occurring in NY while I am at the hotel, but to request a refund ridiculous!!!!! :shrug:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not a fair assessment

The bottom line is:

NTHC is a very reputable company, I have rented from them and rented out to them a number of times throughout the years, never have any problems.

NTHC has good customer service and reasonable priced rentals.

JoyC

NTHC has been a responsive and quality presence in the timeshare marketplace for a number of years. While I understand the OP may have been caught by surprise by just how noisy a Mardi Gras actually is - and how far out from the French Quarter the revelry extends - that is NOT under the control of NTHC or any other travel group. I stayed at a nice little Wyndham affiliate resort in 1996 during the Superbowl. I was shocked to see / hear heavy celebration in the area well past 3AM when I decided it was late enough to go get some rest. In fact it was after 5AM before things really quieted down and again I was not in the heart of the Quarter.

It is a party town nearly 24Hr / day. If you want rest, quiet and relaxation then pick someplace else to visit. If you take a timeshare realize that they usually include 7 days/nights. In fact I "threw away" three of my nights there not because of the noise/activity but because I had work to return for. Even for just 4 days the cost was very reasonable and being there for a Superbowl was a great experience - I assume Mardi Gras would be a similar exciting time to experience NO.

Blaming NTHC for NO living up to it's well known reputation and looking for a refund when what was promised was delivered (7 days in NO not 4) is not being fair. And to post that due to unrealistic expectations others should avoid a business is a low class move. I would ignore the OP in this case and pay attention to the far more reasonable posts from long time TUG participants.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I went to the Mardi Gras , and there was no noise I would be upset. It would mean I was far away fro the action. (why go and had to stay sober). The OP is upset he(she) had to book for a whole week for three days(usual at events)and is tr

Notice you didn't respond to Denise's suggestion that you contact the owner of NTHC to discuss your complaint, rather than continue to post negative comments based on an past inquiry

The fact that you agreed the OP is a wacko indicates you are a rational person

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is incredible how National Timeshare Help Center's lies get exercabated in subsequent posts.

The bottom line is we rented for a week, DID NOT ask for a refund for the 3 days we were there, the resort was at least 1 mile from any Mardi Gras activity, we left because AFTER Mardi Gras the banda playing at the adjacent and across the street bars were making intolarable amounts of noise until 4 am, we complained to the resort and they said everything within 100 miles was booked,and NTHC admitted that they had no alternative accomodations anyway. Their whole refusal was based on the fact that I didn't complain to them till day 4.
When I asked them for the name of the alternative accomodations for the first 3 days they refused.....again they refused for day 7 as well

Bottom line is they don't want to take responsibility for anything. As agood will gesture and to prove that I was not in this for myself, I offered to have them prove their "respectible" business nature by making a $250 donaqtion to the New Orleans Red Cross.

You have completely lost all credibility on this thread. Funny how your extortion attempt back fired on you. Please post your name and email so that nobody here ever rents a unit to you again. You are the worst type of consumer there is.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have completely lost all credibility on this thread. Funny how your extortion attempt back fired on you. Please post your name and email so that nobody here ever rents a unit to you again. You are the worst type of consumer there is.

I was referring to the chip on his shoulder that e. bram has with this company . . . . . , even he agrees the OP's claim is bogus

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I was referring to the chip on his shoulder that e. bram has with this company . . . . . , even he agrees the OP's claim is bogus

And apparently BocaBum was responding to the OP because he quoted him.

Judi Kozlowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
NTHC

In the State of Virginia I think a rental company is required to be a licensed real estate brokerage. Why doesn't the person complaining go to the department at the State which handles real estate licenses to complain if they have a problem.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In the State of Virginia I think a rental company is required to be a licensed real estate brokerage. Why doesn't the person complaining go to the department at the State which handles real estate licenses to complain if they have a problem?

Becuz legally, the renter doesn't have a leg to stand on. Notice the lack of reference to any contractual terms? Besides, a public post allows one to express more bizarre thinking and get more self-satisfying attention.