• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wanting to rent Wyndham Bonnet Creek

way2slow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm an experienced renter of DVC rentals using another website. My family is wanting to rent a Bonnet Creek unit for next spring and I posted that on a wish list and have received several responses that seem reasonably (and similarly) priced. My question is how to know which offer to pursue? I don't see how I can look at a members # of posts or join date as its not listed in the messages. Obviously I'd rather rent from a regular poster and long standing member even if the costs were a little higher.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you click under "Members" in the blue header at the top of the forum, the page that pop ups will allow you do a search of anyone's user name. (There's a "Find Member" search box on the top right of that page.) This information will give you the date they joined, the number of posts, and their posts/threads. So you can get a sense of how active/seasoned they've been in the community. For instance, I can see all four of your posts since you joined in Jan.

Hope this helps!

way2slow

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you click under "Members" in the blue header at the top of the forum, the page that pop ups will allow you do a search of anyone's user name. (There's a "Find Member" search box on the top right of that page.) This information will give you the date they joined, the number of posts, and their posts/threads. So you can get a sense of how active/seasoned they've been in the community. For instance, I can see all four of your posts since you joined in Jan.

Hope this helps!

That seems to be my problem that the user names are not listed anywhere on the messages that I have received. Most did reply with their full names but when I enter it into the "find member" search box it is not successful in finding the member. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, the marketplace system doesn't use the bulletin board usernames in any way, which really reduces it's utility. The social proof of someone who is a long time active poster would add significant trust to the marketplace.

And while you can include your username in a message, that isn't a verified thing.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
the marketplace system doesn't use the bulletin board usernames in any way
So best practice might be to ask prospective landlords what their TUG username is, and then look them up in the forums and confirm by using "Start a Convo" with that TUG member to confirm that the two are one and the same?