• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waitlist date range question

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm trying to straighten out a goof up I had by missing the 13-month booking window for WM West Yellowstone.

I've put in a Waitlist Request for my preferred dates 13 months from now, but I only need six nights, not seven. WM website allowed my Waitlist for the six days, but I don't know yet if it's actually been accepted.

So the question is: Can I Waitlist fewer than seven days before the 10-month window, or will I need to resubmit later, at the 10-month mark? I expect they wouldn't find a match for the six days till after 10-months, but is it too early to get on the Waitlist for what I want?

I already have a week booked there, so if none of this works out, it's not a big deal. I'm just trying to align the dates to fit my original plans.

Thanks,
Dave

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If all the Type/Sized Units for the time period are not available then yes you can Wait List less than 7 days. Last year I Wait Listed 1 day at 13 months minus 1 day for West Yellowstone. The VPC Counselor said I could not so it and I asked to speak to a Supervisor. Then Supervisor double checked and confirmed there were no Units available for the date and unit size I wanted. She then set up the 1 day Wait List. By the way it came through the next day.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If all the Type/Sized Units for the time period are not available then yes you can Wait List less than 7 days.

By the way it came through the next day.

So if I’m reading this right, it should be allowed because there was nothing available for the day you wanted. And it came through the next day, even though you were outside the 10-month window? Nice!

I did this from the website. Is if better to call in for something like this?

And while I’m at it, is there an easy way to see any/all waitlist requests I have in place?

Dave

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
the only way you can check/change/cancel is to call.

They are very helpful.

cheers!

Remember: waitlist for more than you want and/or plus/minus days. That way if you build Fri-Fri or Sat-Sat or Mon-Mon etc.... you can still get what you want. You can always turn it down.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
And while I’m at it, is there an easy way to see any/all waitlist requests I have in place?
I WISH! So far, I believe one must phone in to discuss their waitlist entries. There is no access to this info via the website, as far as I know.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
They 'claim' to be working on "electronic waitlist" capability. i.e. the ability to manage your waitlist info via computer.

don't hold your breath :confused:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
They 'claim' to be working on "electronic waitlist" capability. i.e. the ability to manage your waitlist info via computer.

don't hold your breath :confused:

I can see how that would be handy. Plans change, and without the ability to see what’s-what, it seems kind of inconvenient to make you call in.

If you have the max amount in already, will they tell you on the next one that you’re over the limit?

Dave

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can submit for more than 4, but you get an email message when they get to inputting it (usually the next day) that it wasn't accepted because it was over the limit

The online waitlist system isn't automated, I'm pretty sure it sends an email to someone who completes the request as their time allows.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
While there is allegedly online Wait List the reality is someone at OC or VPC has to input your online Wait List. I have always found it better to call in on Wait List requests.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Also the broader the Wait List request the better. Even if you only want a Studio or 1 bedroom it is better to say Studio (which we hate too small) or larger. If you have the Points available for something larger. Also you may want a week but if you say 1 day or more you have a chance of piecing a week together. Several years ago we got invited to my nephews wedding on Maui with only 2 months notice. We immediately went online and were able to get 2 days of the week. We then put in a Wait List Request. Over the next 6 weeks We were able to get the whole week - one day at a time. At one point we had 3 different Reservations costing 3 Housekeeping Charges but all the same sized Condo. Once we had the 7 consecutive days VPC combined into a single Reservation with only 1 HKC. It was a 3 bedroom Unit that was too large for us alone. So we invited other folks attending the Wedding to stay with us for free.