• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Owners - What Marriott Status Do You Have Today?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It appears Marriott did a sweep last night to update loyalty program status. I have Platinum status through Vistana 5-Star Elite and qualify for Lifetime Gold under the new loyalty program rules.

However, today the Marriott site and app show I am Lifetime Platinum Elite even though I am 13 nights short of the 600 required. As soon as the 15 credit card nights post I will qualify but I thought it interesting that the site shows 587 Lifetime Nights and 12 Years Platinum yet shows me as Lifetime Platinum.

More interesting is my wife. She is Marriott Gold through our Vistana ownership. However, today she is now showing as Marriott Platinum. She has no nights credited to her account.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
No change on my account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am showing Lifetime Platinum also. I think it comes from my prior Lifetime Gold status. It may also be grandfathered based on prior requirements of only 500 nights for gold and 10 years with gold. The old gold is now the new Platinum.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
looks like my lifetime changed correctly to Platinum Premiere Elite overnight from Platinum Elite...

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
DW's status changed correctly to Lifetime PPE last night.

It should have happened weeks ago -- but at least it has now happened.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I you are 5* Elite with Vistana, your Marriott status should be Lifetime Platinum Elite. I qualified both with stays and by being 5* Elite. I had Vistana assign the Lifetime Platinum status to my wife, so we both have Lifetime Platinum Elite status with Marriott. We were both on the deeds, so it was a matter of whose name was reported to the Marriott side.

While my wife doesn't travel without me all that much, it is nice for her to get the perks on the occasional trip where I can't go.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I you are 5* Elite with Vistana, your Marriott status should be Lifetime Platinum Elite. I qualified both with stays and by being 5* Elite. I had Vistana assign the Lifetime Platinum status to my wife, so we both have Lifetime Platinum Elite status with Marriott. We were both on the deeds, so it was a matter of whose name was reported to the Marriott side.

While my wife doesn't travel without me all that much, it is nice for her to get the perks on the occasional trip where I can't go.

It was my understanding 5-Star Elite qualified you for Platinum but not Lifetime Platinum. You still have to maintain your 5-Star Elite status and therefore it is a qualification each year, unlike a true Lifetime Platinum which requires no additional action to maintain the Lifetime status.

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was my understanding 5-Star Elite qualified you for Platinum but not Lifetime Platinum. You still have to maintain your 5-Star Elite status and therefore it is a qualification each year, unlike a true Lifetime Platinum which requires not additional action to maintain the Lifetime status.

Correct. Each year they will recheck if you still are 5 Star Elite, and, if so, grant you another year of Platinum...

As you said, this is not the same as Lifetime Platinum.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right. I am Platinum for Life through points and stays. My wife is just Platinum and will only remain so as long as we are 5* Elite with Vistana.

blondietink

Reaction score
We are Just Gold Elite and I am still trying to find our lifetime nights on the Marriott website. Anybody have ideas where to look?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We are Just Gold Elite and I am still trying to find our lifetime nights on the Marriott website. Anybody have ideas where to look?

Sign into the Marriott website.

Click on Activity.

Under NIGHTS EARNED (just to the right of your number of points), click on DETAILS>.

blondietink

Reaction score
Sign into the Marriott website.

Click on Activity.

Under NIGHTS EARNED (just to the right of your number of points), click on DETAILS>.

Yes, that gives me the lifetime nights, but it also only specifies 2019 points currently. I need to know what they credited in 2018 as we are still waiting for a credit for our 3 nights Vistana Villages stay maybe or maybe not if they finally fixed it. We also stayed at a Springhill Suites just before New Year's and want to make sure those were credited. How do we check the previous year?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Yes, that gives me the lifetime nights, but it also only specifies 2019 points currently. I need to know what they credited in 2018 as we are still waiting for a credit for our 3 nights Vistana Villages stay maybe or maybe not if they finally fixed it. We also stayed at a Springhill Suites just before New Year's and want to make sure those were credited. How do we check the previous year?

I don't know. Your original post only asked how to determine lifetime nights.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Currently Plat Premier, Lifetime Gold. Don't think I'll requalify for Plat Premier/Titanium next year, but I'll hopefully get to regular Platinum again. Hoping the regular plat benefits aren't devalued too much in the future.

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
We own 1 developer Vistana week in Maui which made us Lifetime Gold in SPG, and 2 resale weeks in Florida. The gold transferred to Marriott and we are still Gold, but doesnt show as Lifetime. I was hoping that Gold Spg was going to transfer to Platium Marriott, but that wasnt the case. Did anyone's lifetime gold transfer to Platinum?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We own 1 developer Vistana week in Maui which made us Lifetime Gold in SPG, and 2 resale weeks in Florida. The gold transferred to Marriott and we are still Gold, but doesnt show as Lifetime. I was hoping that Gold Spg was going to transfer to Platium Marriott, but that wasnt the case. Did anyone's lifetime gold transfer to Platinum?
You are not lifetime gold based on Vistana ownership. You are just gold. Your gold status is valid for as long as you own. If you sell, you no longer get gold status, thus why it is not lifetime and won't show as lifetime.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The old SPG Gold = New Marriott Gold.

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Thank you. That is how I thought it works. Of course the sales idiots like to use the term "Lifetime."

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
My status finally shows Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite. I guess it will change to Bonvoy Titanium when the program changes on February 13.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. That is how I thought it works. Of course the sales idiots like to use the term "Lifetime."

The 5 Star Elite benefit was marketed as "Platinum for life", not "lifetime Platinum" so you got status for your life as long as you stayed a 5 Star Elite.