• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana (Orlando) - Owner Partial Week Question

DJDaveS

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just learned about this group. I am an owner at Vistana in Orlando. We have a floating week (even years).

It is time to start deciding our 2018 vacation. We plan on visiting for a few days during Memorial Day Weekend (Saturday-Wednesday). We only need a 4 night stay.

Using the Owners Portal, I can choose a 7 night vacation now for May 2018 or in February 2018, choose a shorter vacation (3, 4, 5 nights).

I am a planner so I usually lock in the 7 night now. But since I only need 4 nights, I was thinking of waiting.

Here's my question - Do the partial week vacations sell out or get blocked off? Am I better booking all 7 nights now (and forfeiting the days I am not there)? Or wait for February 2018 and get the 4 nights?

Anyone have experience in this?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You don't have to forfeit the nights you don't need: Book 7 nights now, and after 8 mos. before check-in, call and reduce the reservation to 4 nights, and recover the unused Staroptions.

DJDaveS

Reaction score
You don't have to forfeit the nights you don't need: Book 7 nights now, and after 8 mos. before check-in, call and reduce the reservation to 4 nights, and recover the unused Staroptions.

I never knew I could do this. When I log into the portal it shows partial vacations need to be booked in February. So maybe I book the 7 nights now, and then change it in February.

Thanks for the info.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - book 7 nights now, and reduce it after the 8 mo. mark. You will end up with a Staroption reservation, but at this resort that really doesn't matter, and that way you can recover the unused Staroptions.

DJDaveS

Reaction score
I THINK SVR allows splitting up into 4 and 3 nights stay, separate from SO booking.

Yes. I think this is what I have.

I chatted with member services. I was instructed to book the 7 nights now. And when the partial stay window opens, contact them to cancel and re-book using the 4 night stay.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you do this if you are a resale owner with no StarOptions?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The method described above, uses Staroptions.

In post #5, Vacation Forever said you can do as split without Staroptions, so you may want to call Owner Services and ask about that. Be aware that the entry level people who answer the phone may not have the info. If the don't know (or say no, but act like they actually don't know) ask to speak to Owner Resolution Services.

A good alternative is to use the online message function on the Vistana website and send an email to ask, because only the Sr. Reps answer those emails and you usually get more accurate info, because they don't want to put the wrong info in writing.

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see that, with my deeded fixed week at SVR, I have the option of keeping my deeded week, floating it 1-52 at 12 months out, or at 90 days out I can book a stay of less than 7 nights. I see there are housekeeping fees for subsequent reservations of less than 7 days. I can't seem to find the housekeeping fees listed. Does anyone happen to know what they are?

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Found my own answer with playing around with bookings once I was sure I could cancel for free. In case anyone was curious, the housekeeping fee when splitting up your week is $30.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been curious, can you really split the week at 90 days out? I have always thought you could do it at 12 months out.

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the Owner's Guide and my tests in the online reservation system, booking anything less than 7 nights is only possible 90 days out at the earliest. Also, only one portion may have a Friday or Saturday.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would depend on which one you are deeded at. Are you at Cascades, Lakes or Fountains?

Sheraton Vistana Cascades/Lakes weeks can split the week - at 90 days before checkin, you can split 3/4 or 2/2/3.

You can only request one weekend in any calendar year for each Vacation Period you own. A weekend consists of consecutive Friday and Saturday nights; therefore, only one of your split week vacations may occur over the weekend.

Certain weeks cannot be split. These include the weeks with the following holidays - Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.

Sheraton Vistana Fountains weeks can split the week 11 months out. You can split 5/2; 4/3 or 2/2/3. You can only reserve on Friday and Saturday in any Use Year

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-10_19-33-47.png
    upload_2017-12-10_19-33-47.png
    320 KB · Views: 55

DJDaveS

Reaction score
It would depend on which one you are deeded at. Are you at Cascades, Lakes or Fountains?

Sheraton Vistana Cascades/Lakes weeks can split the week - at 90 days before checkin, you can split 3/4 or 2/2/3.

You can only request one weekend in any calendar year for each Vacation Period you own. A weekend consists of consecutive Friday and Saturday nights; therefore, only one of your split week vacations may occur over the weekend.

Certain weeks cannot be split. These include the weeks with the following holidays - Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.

Sheraton Vistana Fountains weeks can split the week 11 months out. You can split 5/2; 4/3 or 2/2/3. You can only reserve on Friday and Saturday in any Use Year

This was very helpful. My split stay does tie into Memorial Day weekend so we’ll see what happens.