• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana just exercised ROFR on WKORV-N annual IV 2 bedroom unit at

boisebruin

Reaction score
$11k.

I know there's a separate thread for ROFR but I thought this was unusual and quite a high price for them. We are the sellers so their money is as good as others but does this signal a different approach for them? Inventory needed for the Flex program?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Sorry, that just seemed a little bit High not to pass, so where the maintenance fees current? End-of-year with approaching maintenance fees I think it would have probably passed

Tater on my Note8 tapatalk

boisebruin

Reaction score
Sorry, that just seemed a little bit High not to pass, so where the maintenance fees current? End-of-year with approaching maintenance fees I think it would have probably passed

Tater on my Note8 tapatalk
Yes they were.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I wonder if Vistana is now trying to buy up properties to flex their Flex programs.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I wonder if Vistana is now trying to buy up properties to flex their Flex programs.
Or MVC is planning in rolling out a kickass program and they have to deal with mandatory resorts so they will take as many back as they can in the resorts that have ROFR. Who knows

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
This is the price seemed to be high not to pass. Maybe Vistana is trying to build up the Flex inventory and ready for the new announcement. It was just few months ago, I saw an WKORVN OV annual passed at 12.5k.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Or MVC is planning in rolling out a kickass program and they have to deal with mandatory resorts so they will take as many back as they can in the resorts that have ROFR. Who knows
Only the two resorts on Hawaii are mandatory with ROFR. And they aren't even ideal weeks to buy for SO conversion.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
Thanks for sharing. That is an unexpected ROFR, but at least you got the sale. Appreciate sharing the information.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Only the two resorts on Hawaii are mandatory with ROFR. And they aren't even ideal weeks to buy for SO conversion.
Nope def not good for star options, but it’s def a good sell for their flex program for them.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
WKORVN EOY OF just sold via Redweek for $8,200. Probably not going to pass ROFR, but who knows...

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
duplicate [deleted by Author]

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
let me see, they paid 11k, they can sell it for 82K. Not a terrible deal

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...or-nanea-and-resale-purchase-of-wkorv.291133/

So yes, it may be that they want to feed the Flex but it may as well be that they are running out of WKORV to sell and they just want to replenish the inventory. Even if it costs them a bit more, it is pocket change in the grand scheme.

Are they still selling deeded weeks there or are they just selling the Flex products? When Marriott created their trust and actually stopped selling US weeks, all ROFR acquisitions now go into the Trust. With the new ownership of Vistana, maybe the Vistana approach will mirror Marriott.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Are they still selling deeded weeks there or are they just selling the Flex products? When Marriott created their trust and actually stopped selling US weeks, all ROFR acquisitions now go into the Trust. With the new ownership of Vistana, maybe the Vistana approach will mirror Marriott.

[deleted by author]

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I thought the Westin Flex trust did not own any OF units on Maui. Unless that's wrong, this unit would be for resale or the DC trust.

The OP said the unit ROFR'd was IV not OF

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
WKORVN EOY OF just sold via Redweek for $8,200. Probably not going to pass ROFR, but who knows...

But it would perhaps not pass ROFR for a different reason. They are not placing OF in the Flex program.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
re: OF at $8,200. Okay deal but not a great deal if it passes ROFR (likely not unless they bundle the closing costs and MF). Here's why:

This is an even EOY. If the buyer pays for maint fees for 2019 and there is no reservation for spring or summer in place, the buyer may have a wasted year if fall 2020 travel is not desired because this will close after the peak summer season rental window. Plus probably difficult to rent for fall low season. Can bank and trade SOs but will not be guaranteed OF. Reserving other resorts could be trading a Lexus for a Chevy MF cost-wise plus a banking fee will apply offsetting the usage benefit.

E.g.

$8,200 Asking price
$2,750 MF (for wasted 2020 year)
$1,200 Closing in HI
$ 400 Title Insurance (?)
--------
$12,550 All In plus can't use peak season until 2022

Last edited: