• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana is telling me no small 1 bedrooms for prime summer 2019 are available

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Earlier this year, when Vistana bulk deposited Nanea 2 br, my 2017 SBP small 1br could pull all of these Nanea units. When I switched to 18 or 19 SBP deposit, i couldn't see anything beside maybe 1 or 2 Nanea. Then I tried with 18 or 19 SVV platinum 1br, I could see some Nanea, not as many as 17 SBP. So I would suspect II has lowered the SBP trading power on 1br side.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Earlier this year, when Vistana bulk deposited Nanea 2 br, my 2017 SBP small 1br could pull all of these Nanea units. When I switched to 18 or 19 SBP deposit, i couldn't see anything beside maybe 1 or 2 Nanea. Then I tried with 18 or 19 SVV platinum 1br, I could see some Nanea, not as many as 17 SBP. So I would suspect II has lowered the SBP trading power on 1br side.

Keep in mind that Nanea has been transitioning from a new property with lots of unsold inventory to a mature resort with many owners. That also pushes the number of II units down.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Keep in mind that Nanea has been transitioning from a new property with lots of unsold inventory to a mature resort with many owners. That also pushes the number of II units down.

This is more likely the cause of the decreased II unit availability.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think what is being said was that on the same day that the 2017 deposit could see 17 units at Nanea the 2018 and 2019 deposits could only see one or two. The 2017 SBP one bedroom was much stronger than the 2018 and 2019 ones. The availability of Nanea was the same on the day in question it was just how many units could be seen with the deposit. That is exactly my experience as well. Up to 2017 SBP one bedroom was a really strong trader. At the moment not so much.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think what is being said was that on the same day that the 2017 deposit could see 17 units at Nanea the 2018 and 2019 deposits could only see one or two. The 2017 SBP one bedroom was much stronger than the 2018 and 2019 ones. The availability of Nanea was the same on the day in question it was just how many units could be seen with the deposit. That is exactly my experience as well. Up to 2017 SBP one bedroom was a really strong trader. At the moment not so much.

Which is ironic because the small one bedroom units are supposedly SO much more popular with owners that they book those and not the premium one bedrooms. (Please read this with sarcasm because that is the intent.)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Check now there is availability for several July weekends including July 4th. I think they fixed it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I just talked to Michelle in reservations and Yani in Resolution Services, and both said that I cannot book my deeded week over a year out because my weeks are all float weeks, so I can only book at exactly a year ahead.

I am trying to find in the governing documents the rules for the myrtle/plantation phase, but I cannot find anything to support my position that I can book up to two years ahead for my deeded week.

I am pretty much done arguing with people and will just get on with my life. I have talked to so many people lately about the same exact issues, and even though the people are nice, mostly, they are not all that informative. If rules have changed, tell me when they changed and how they changed the rules without letting owners know about it.

I don't love hearing about how I am the only person who is complaining about inventory.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just talked to Michelle in reservations and Yani in Resolution Services, and both said that I cannot book my deeded week over a year out because my weeks are all float weeks, so I can only book at exactly a year ahead.

I am trying to find in the governing documents the rules for the myrtle/plantation phase, but I cannot find anything to support my position that I can book up to two years ahead for my deeded week.

I am pretty much done arguing with people and will just get on with my life. I have talked to so many people lately about the same exact issues, and even though the people are nice, mostly, they are not all that informative. If rules have changed, tell me when they changed and how they changed the rules without letting owners know about it.

I don't love hearing about how I am the only person who is complaining about inventory.
Right on page 3 of the guide https://vistana-web-static.s3.amazo...s/OWNERSHIP_GUIDE_SBP_PLANTATION_NON_CLUB.pdf

Vacation Planning Timeline 12 MONTHS TO ARRIVAL Floating VOI Owners: Reserve an available week in your Season, Phase (if applicable) and Villa type at your Home Resort.

24–12 MONTHS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL You can reserve the specific week indicated on your purchase documents in a Floating villa for the Villa type you own.

By the way this is a new guide and not the old one so no change.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Right on page 3 of the guide https://vistana-web-static.s3.amazo...s/OWNERSHIP_GUIDE_SBP_PLANTATION_NON_CLUB.pdf

Vacation Planning Timeline 12 MONTHS TO ARRIVAL Floating VOI Owners: Reserve an available week in your Season, Phase (if applicable) and Villa type at your Home Resort.

24–12 MONTHS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL You can reserve the specific week indicated on your purchase documents in a Floating villa for the Villa type you own.

By the way this is a new guide and not the old one so no change.
Oh my goodness! You are so right. It's easy to find, and I am such a goof for trying to read the many pages of the governing documents, and there it is, plain as the nose on my face. Thanks again, T. You are so helpful. My heart has been racing today after talking to the people at Vistana. I am so, so relieved that it is in writing, and I can say that to them next time: "Look on page 3 of the ownership guide."

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
That is exactly my experience as well. Up to 2017 SBP one bedroom was a really strong trader. At the moment not so much.

I think you may have fixed the " (WAS) - a strong trader" problem as well .
by getting Vistana IT to correct the (no units available) glitch

as they say - ".... 2 birds with one stone "

TracyWA074

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana
When we purchased (pre-build) we were told we could use points to get a one bedroom. After built we were told there were very few one bedrooms. Why are there 1 bedrooms available for rent on the SPG site, but as an owner I can't get one?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we purchased (pre-build) we were told we could use points to get a one bedroom. After built we were told there were very few one bedrooms. Why are there 1 bedrooms available for rent on the SPG site, but as an owner I can't get one?
Are you able to reserve a one-bedroom at the 12-month mark, as a Home Week? Or, do you have to wait until 8 months, as a VSN exchange week? Summer inventory at SBP is very, very limited, and is usually snatched up right away.

The weeks available for rental come from various different sources. They may not be from owner inventory, or they may have been traded for a cruise or something.

As for lying about availability, just about all timeshare companies do that. Timeshare developers' lies are the main reason we have this site.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to reserve my small lock-out for July 20, 2019. I needed to call the regular Owner Services (not Owner Resolution) to book it. I think some other Saturdays in July are available, but I'm not sure which ones.

TracyWA074

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana
Are you able to reserve a one-bedroom at the 12-month mark, as a Home Week? Or, do you have to wait until 8 months, as a VSN exchange week? Summer inventory at SBP is very, very limited, and is usually snatched up right away.

The weeks available for rental come from various different sources. They may not be from owner inventory, or they may have been traded for a cruise or something.

As for lying about availability, just about all timeshare companies do that. Timeshare developers' lies are the main reason we have this site.

I should be able to book one 12 months in advance. Am on the west coast so being one and ready at midnight is easy. There are just none available. I looked for all of February, April and October.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should be able to book one 12 months in advance. Am on the west coast so being one and ready at midnight is easy. There are just none available. I looked for all of February, April and October.

Thanks for the clarification! If you own Gold Plus, I don't think that includes February. Inventory for October 2019 has not yet been released. (And inventory for October 2018 may already be booked up.) But, I'd expect no problems booking April 2019 (assuming you own Gold Plus in the Plantation phase.)

Do you own a small one-bedroom lock-off in the Plantation (original) phase? If so, it sounds like you are running into the same problem that many of us have encountered. I could not book online, but when I called the regular Reservations number via phone, the CS Rep had no trouble booking the week I wanted. And, I was looking for July and calling 5 days after the reservation window had opened. I would expect April to be much easier than July. I suggest you try booking via phone, and then report back what happens.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is an old thread, I realize, but it's sort of happening again, no small one bedrooms and lots of premium one bedrooms. I also cannot book a thing online, which is SO annoying.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is an old thread, I realize, but it's sort of happening again, no small one bedrooms and lots of premium one bedrooms. I also cannot book a thing online, which is SO annoying.
I booked in July for late June and didn't have any problem this year.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so thankful that during my final 10 years of TimeSharing I only owned Fixed Week/Fixed Units at Independent HOA managed Resorts. Most of the time I just used my Week but there were times I would call the Property Manager and ask if I could swap it for another Week. My recollection is about 75% of the time we worked out the change while I was on the phone. No pain, no strain. The problem seems to be the rules upon rules the big Operators have and their Employees lack of knowledge about them...

George

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All of these dates are available for a small 1 BR at SBP
6/26/2020
7/4/2020
7/31/2020
8/1/2020
8/2/2020
8/8/2020
8/16/2020

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
For SDO, I normally can only find the smaller side. It sucks when you want the premium.