• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Del Palmar Cancun and Timeshare Presentation

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts US Collection
Hello,

After travelling for work with Hilton Honors last year, I started getting tons of calls from companies selling me all inclusive 5 day 4 night and 6 day 5 night stays in Villa del Palmar. But, I have to attend a timeshare presentation.

I bought 3 different vacation packages from these deals -- each one was about $299 or so. My concern is having to attend a Mexican timeshare presentation because I have heard that they are very very aggressive. I have never been to Mexico before, and my dread factor going to a sales pitch is very high. I'm concerned it will destroy the trip because we'll be so upset being stuck there all day.

Am I making this a bigger deal?

Any tips to get through the presentation and stay sane?

Has anyone been to Villa del Palmar? What are your thoughts about it?

Thanks!

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
No you're not wrong. Mexico timeshare sales pitches are usually high pressure. But, our salesman was reasonable and accepted our "No thank you." without too much pushback.

My wife & I stayed at Villa del Palmar Cancun last fall. It's a very nice resort. The resort is a bit off the beaten path, so to speak, as it's not on the same main avenue as most of the other Cancun resorts. But, that also meant it was quite quiet in the evenings.

We enjoyed our stay very much. The pools are heated. There is water aerobics in the main pool daily with water volleyball to follow shortly there after. The staff was very willing to bend over backwards to insure you were happy. For example, there was a young man by the pool that went out of his way to insure we had 2 chairs poolside with some shade by moving chairs and umbrellas to accommodate us. There was also poolside drink and food wait service.

There's also a wealth of historical locations to visit not too far away like Chechin itza and Tuluum.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The presentation is pretty easy. It usually includes breakfast. Many visitors to this resort do the promotional package that includes transportation to the resort and the all inclusive. It is a pretty good deal considering the all inclusive cost is about $95 usd a day.

Bill

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Any tips to get through the presentation and stay sane?
It has been my experience that with any timeshare presentation the less you say, the better. Don't ask any questions and be firm that you aren't interested in buying anything today. If they press you or ask what you think of the units, you can say it just doesn't meet your needs and/or you never make a purchase of this amount without doing a lot more research on your own.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
My advice is similar to Karen G's. We have turned many timeshare presentation at check in by repeatedly saying no, we are not interested in attending. (We didn't care what they gave us; nothing they offered was worth most of a day of our vacation.)You don't need an excuse. Just say no. They don't like it but they are not going to let you sit in the lobby forever.

And if you go to one, same advice. We always say also that we never make any decision that large without time to think and do more research and under no circumstances are we agreeing to anything that day. We also walked out of one (in Hawaii) after they had kept us twice as long as the 90 minutes they had promised and showed no signs of ever stopping.