• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Viking world cruise to include Hawaii

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Viking world cruise to include Hawaii
https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Viking-world-cruise-to-include-Hawaii

By Tom Stieghorst / Cruise / Travel Weekly / travelweekly.com / Jan 9, 2019

“Viking's 2020-21 world cruise will be a 161-day voyage that will include stops in Hawaii, a first for the 5-year-old ocean cruise line.

The cruise, departing Dec. 14, 2020, from Miami, will visit 75 ports and overnight in 13 cities before arriving in London in April 2021. The ship will do calls in Oahu and Kauai. Other new ports of call for Viking will be the South Pacific island of Moorea in French Polynesia and Hue, Vietnam.

Pricing for the cruise aboard the 930-passenger Viking Sun starts at $59,995 per person, which includes business class international air, transfers to and from the ship, all gratuities and service fees, complimentary visa services, the Silver Spirits Beverage Package, and free luggage shipping services for embarkation.

Guests can also choose a 140-day segment of the sailing that departs from Los Angeles on Jan. 4, 2021, and visits 27 countries and 66 ports. Pricing starts at $52,995 per person.

Guests who book by Dec. 31, 2019, will receive an additional $2,000 per person in shore excursion credit for any optional land programs and $1,000 per person in shipboard credit, which can be used toward optional tours, spa services, onboard shops and beverages.”

DDA2D5EB-2EA2-4955-B79B-069DC0EC8F85.jpeg

Map supplied by Travel Weekly

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent cruise line, and it’s a small cruise ship. but a 161 day’s cruise is just a bit to little to long for us.

That is almost a half of a year, away from family and friends, no doctors or dentist appointments. I do understand that they do have physicians on board.

You must be in good physical and mental shape.

The starting price is not bad; cheaper than living in some nursing’s home or some retirement community for six (6) months... Plus, you get a chance to travel and visit five (5) continents (airfares, gratitudes & service fees, lodging, meals, daily maid services, a beverage package, entertainment, no utilities bills or cables bills to pay, and internet is included).

The best deal is the 161 day’s cruise; the total cost per person is less.
Not for us. IMOP.;):p

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What? No Antarctica stop or NW Passage? Or laundry allowance? I'll just have to pass on this one. Pedro, I'm looking forward to your review. ;)

Jim

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This one is to much for us. Maybe, before the Commander-in-Chief ship me off to the funny farm...

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I do understand that they do have physicians on board.
Unfortunately, I can testify that Viking cruises do have an excellent medical staffs, and reasonably priced. On a Caribbean cruise, I injured my hip muscle bad enough to need a wheelchair for several days. In 3 visits, they gave me meds and did some lab tests when I thought I might have a DVT. The total bill was about $150.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
artringwald, That bill was cheaper than going to an emergency room or to my physician.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a Celebrity cruise, I fell on a coral street in Bermuda and went to the infirmary to get cleaned up. They even have a dialysis station aboard. They wanted $150 to clean me up, but gave me a bunch of big bandages & antiseptic to do it myself. After I finished in the shower, the towels looked like there had been a chainsaw massacre. It all healed well and cost zero. So, yes, for fairly basic needs, an ocean cruiser has adequate staff and skills. But I wouldn't undertake a cruise like this World Cruise without a whole bunch of medical and evacuation primary coverage insurance. Say a half million$ of each.

Jim

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Celebrity Cruise Line is our choice for cruising right now. We will be sailing on the new Celebrity Edge cruise ship in February.

I never knew that had a dialysis station on aboard.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never knew that had a dialysis station on aboard.
It surprised me, too. But considering the demographic of their guests, it probably shouldn't. And remember, as well as passengers, they have a couple thousand crew to attend to as well. Everything from tummy bugs to trauma to vaccinations and lab work. Probably not much ob/gyn, but you never know.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
What? No Antarctica stop or NW Passage? Or laundry allowance? I'll just have to pass on this one. Pedro, I'm looking forward to your review. ;)

Jim

The least expensive cabin rate which includes complimentary laundry, dry cleaning and pressing is $89,995/person. So suck it up and book it! ;)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I have something already scheduled for that half year. Like walking the dog and shoveling the snow. Or maybe something else. Anything!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Or laundry allowance
The Viking cruises include just about everything, beer, wine, excursions, and the laundry machines are free with built in detergent dispensers. The cabins all have K-cup style coffee makers that make excellent coffee.