• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Riviera Maya on a sleeper sofa?

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Unfortunately my "kids" are teachers with spring break Easter week. Two of them would like to vacation in RM in July 2020 which equates to six adults and one (very small) 13 year old.

If I am able to get a Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom Suite or a Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom Spa Suite they claim it accommodates 6 adults and 2 kids (ahem, under 12 years old). So are the sofa beds actually comfortable for adults for an entire week? ($2,400 usage fee)

I have 2 residence weeks (non-registered) I could use to get two Grand Mayan (2 & 1 bedroom) rooms but I'm not sure I could count on them being close to each other. ($1,600 + $900 = $2,500 usage fee)

I was hoping to maybe rent a Grand Luxxe 3-bedroom Spa Suite ($2,500 usage fee) by paying a reasonable mark-up but people are asking $4,000 to $5,000 which is a non-starter. I've seen that some folks get an upgrade but I assume that this happens at check-in based upon availability and isn't arranged ahead of time, right?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Unfortunately my "kids" are teachers with spring break Easter Week .......So are the sofa beds actually comfortable for adults for an entire week? .......?

1) the sofa beds are comfortable .
They are Mexican style - the sofa back cushions are removed *- and voila - you have a single bed . There are flat sheets to make them up and you can ( via tipping ) have evening housekeeping do this . They will also provide fresh sheets .
If someone is taller than 6 foot -there could be an issue - as the sofa arms could create a length issue .

* there is a thread that shows a pictures of one of the GL sofas made into sleeping mode
It was posted within the last 12months .

FYI - Remember : the weeks on either side of Easter Sunday are Mexican Holiday Weeks and all vacation beach resorts in Mexico are busy .

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Sometimes it is nice to have the 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units at the same time! We love our kids & grandson, but sometimes it is nice to have our own space. That said, quite often - until he graduated from high school, we took the 2-bedroom and the grandson and let his Mom & Dad have their own space! We have received multiple thank yous for that plan from our son and wife :). Once he was out of high school we took the 1-bedroom and left the 3 of them together in the 2-bedroom! :) What kid would not love having his own bedroom and bathroom???

We spent the majority of time together, but it was special for our "kids" to have some alone time and feel like they were on vacation.

PS - Generally when we have booked multiple units, they have been close together.

Last edited: