• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta resort fee

Pamandisaacg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
Worldmark
I did an exchange through II for the Grande Luxxe while the resort fee was at $30.00 per person. Vidanta then changed the resort fee to a flat rate structure of $630.00 for a two bedroom and up. We have reserved a 4 bedroom. I have tried calling Vidanta and asking to pay the $630.00 fee instead of the $30.00 per person as this will cost $1470.00 for 7 people. This is costing us $840.00 more paying this way. Has anyone had any luck with getting the resort fee changed. I am also curious as to what rooms I will be given, as the only 4 bedroom I see is the Residence Club. However the per person maximum is 10 which is less than the Residence Club. Is there a way to tell with your confirmation code? Ours is ZZZ4R.

Thank You,
Pamela

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Generally, they honor the fee that was in effect at the time of your reservation. That is what they did when the fee was $11 pp. Most people were happy with that as opposed to the $30 or even the $630 when there are just 2 people in a 2-bedroom.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I did an exchange through II for the Grande Luxxe while the resort fee was at $30.00 per person. Vidanta then changed the resort fee to a flat rate structure of $630.00 for a two bedroom and up. We have reserved a 4 bedroom. I have tried calling Vidanta and asking to pay the $630.00 fee instead of the $30.00 per person as this will cost $1470.00 for 7 people. This is costing us $840.00 more paying this way. Has anyone had any luck with getting the resort fee changed. I am also curious as to what rooms I will be given, as the only 4 bedroom I see is the Residence Club. However the per person maximum is 10 which is less than the Residence Club. Is there a way to tell with your confirmation code? Ours is ZZZ4R.

Thank You,
Pamela
I just returned from Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta. I had a 4 bedroom unit. All the 4 bedroom units are in the Residence building and this building only has 4 bedroom units. I was lucky enough to get a top floor unit.

I exchanged into my unit when the fee was $30 per person and they would not budge from that figure.

Even worse though is I agreed to attend the timeshare presentation with one of the benefits being a 50% discount on the mandatory resort fee (I asked the timeshare person if the 50% discount was on the mandatory fee and she said yes). When I completed the presentation I was told I needed to go to the travel agency in Tower 1 to receive the voucher for the 50% discount which I did receive. When I settled my account though I was told the 50% discount only applied to the purchases I made and charged to my room and that it did not apply to the mandatory resort fee. I informed them that I was told the 50% discount was on the mandatory resort fee but they said that was not the case and the voucher I received did not include the word "mandatory". I also informed them that I received the 50% discount on the mandatory resort fee last year at the Riviera Maya location but was told that has never been the case at the Nuevo Vallarta location. Not sure what others have experienced at the Nuevo Vallarta location but if you are planning to do the timeshare presentation expecting to receive 50% off the mandatory resort fee I would make sure the paperwork explicitly states "50% off the mandatory resort fee". Even better, I would check with management to have them tell me in writing that the 50% discount will be on the mandatory resort fee.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi I have a reservation with a travel agency (I believe they work with SFX) for a 1 bedroom at Grand Mayan NV and will pay a resort fee of $75, I checked differents developers (G Lux, G Bliz, etc) for studio or 1 bedrooms and it is the same resort fee, my question is what would be the rf for a 2 or 3 bedroom.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi I have a reservation with a travel agency (I believe they work with SFX) for a 1 bedroom at Grand Mayan NV and will pay a resort fee of $75, I checked differents developers (G Lux, G Bliz, etc) for studio or 1 bedrooms and it is the same resort fee, my question is what would be the rf for a 2 or 3 bedroom.
I believe the resort fee is a flat rate through SFX but they get almost no 3 BR units. It's been awhile since I kept tract but I doubt they get many 2BR units in anything higher than grand mayan.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Tanks, I folow this page from a few months ago and I haven’t seen even 2 br, but I found very interesting dates, so I tink some of my next travels would be in Vidanta

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I believe the resort fee is a flat rate through SFX but they get almost no 3 BR units. It's been awhile since I kept tract but I doubt they get many 2BR units in anything higher than grand mayan.

They actually get quite a few 2 BR GL units in NV, particularly in the off season. Not so much in the high season, of course.