• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love this resort. Here right now. I hate the games they play dangling room upgrades, etc if you attend presentation. The minute you attend, there is no further contact in the matter.

I hate the inconsistency in the rules and policies. Everyone is extremely courteous and polite but nobody is empowered to actually make guest experience decisions. All interactions happen with no urgency.

Paradise, but sometime a lot of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Love this resort. Here right now. I hate the games they play dangling room upgrades, etc if you attend presentation.

We are happy with "sunrise view " rooms . We find this the best way to politely pass on presentations

Last edited:

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are happy with "sunrise view " rooms . W find this the best way to politely pass on presentations

I like most on the rooms with any view. We did learn the the lower level of tower 2 faces the back side of a berm with palms on a past trip. This time we were placed in a studio room in building 5. Our friend are in the furthest building in Grand Mayan. They offered GL T3 8th floor for presentation. They would work very hard to see if they could move friends from 2 BR GM to 1 BR GL to be closer as that would work fine for us. She would know the next morning (after the start of the presentation). I suggested that I would wait until after my friends were relocated and then attend presentation. She got mad and told me that they had already filled my room in T5. I would be 1st floor T2 in an accessible room with no bathtub. That was all they had. I’m sure it was a flat lie. I took the upgrade, went to presentation and never even had a follow up call from sales weasel. Typical experience. Why would I even consider a purchase when they are so deliberately misleading? (Not that I would purchase from developer)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I like most on the rooms with any view. We did learn the the lower level of tower 2 faces the back side of a berm with palms on a past trip. This time we were placed in a studio room in building 5. Our friend are in the furthest building in Grand Mayan. They offered GL T3 8th floor for presentation. They would work very hard to see if they could move friends from 2 BR GM to 1 BR GL to be closer as that would work fine for us. She would know the next morning (after the start of the presentation). I suggested that I would wait until after my friends were relocated and then attend presentation. She got mad and told me that they had already filled my room in T5. I would be 1st floor T2 in an accessible room with no bathtub. That was all they had. I’m sure it was a flat lie. I took the upgrade, went to presentation and never even had a follow up call from sales weasel. Typical experience. Why would I even consider a purchase when they are so deliberately misleading? (Not that I would purchase from developer)

They played games with us. Told us we were in Build 2 then when we declined the presentation said we were in 5 1st floor next to construction and we needed to change our armbands. I was not happy as we own with Hyatt and Vistana and aren't used to these games
Told them we would never attend a presentation or buy as we were very turned off by this approach. She later backed down and gave us the room if we would think about attending over the next few days..we got at least 10 phone calls to attend which we declined. It just left a bad taste in my mouth

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how they treat owners.

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wish I could get regular housekeeping this week. They are hit and miss. Not even at 4 diamond level for many reasons.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just wish I could get regular housekeeping this week. They are hit and miss. Not even at 4 diamond level for many reasons.
I would mention it to your concierge. They do try to be on top of that if you ask.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The great thing about building 5 is the rooftop pool. It is the only warm pool on the grounds or at least the warmest. It was our favorite. They don't have a happy hr but you can plan around it.

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would mention it to your concierge. They do try to be on top of that if you ask.

I did mention dissatisfaction with 4 missed housekeeping to concierge. Also sent email to econcierge. When I returned tonight, it was textbook perfect. There were two housekeeping supervisors outside the room so I’m pretty sure it was checked.

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
The great thing about building 5 is the rooftop pool. It is the only warm pool on the grounds or at least the warmest. It was our favorite. They don't have a happy hr but you can plan around it.

With 4 junior high boys between our two families, I didn’t think the rooftop at 5 would be a good pool to use regardless. I’m too concerned that they would not maintain awareness of diners.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Owners are treated GREAT by the "HOTEL SIDE ".
-And please remember to tip housekeeping and others as it is an important part of their income .
If you fill out the check out survey - be fair & generous / I know housekeeping , Joy squad etc are evaluated based on this . If you are giving a compliment please list the staff member's name(s)

The sales side - "is what it is ".( if you go - a great breakfast & tour & the 90+ minute hard sell starts when you get to the sales room )

FYI - The folks that sign you up for presentations are obviously an adjunct of sales.
Traditionally they have used sweetness and bonuses ( cash & cab rides etc / plus the 10% off room /restaurant charges that "comes from the hotel side **") to entice folks to go .
A few months ago they were (apparently) given "complete" room assignment power . It probably came with tougher quotas etc .
Yours is not the first report that some are using the power as a CRUDE BLUDGEON.

I hope this is not a case of "power corrupts and absolute power ....."

I have met some very nice people who have that job ;and we have sometimes agreed to go to Vidanta owner presentations ,in part because of their people skills .

Blackmail and threats show no skill and IMO ,do not represent the VIDANTA BRAND very well.

Enjoy your vacation

** -IMO, the 10% off charges is "standard" and I do not believe negotiable - because
it comes out of the "hotel side" .
Everything else that you negotiate comes from the TS sales / Vida budget .
1)free cab ride back to the airport
2)Golf discount during an exchange week
3)Discount massages
4)cash in pesos ( we received 2000 pesos in 2012 / happily spent it in Bucarias with beach vendors & lunch that afternoon )
5)Reduction in the resort fee total $. (newest thing you can negotiate)

PS - If you go to the breakfast - bring a 100 peso note and tip the person who
brings juice & coffee .
<This also -shows your salesperson that you are not a newbie >

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

From the comments I heard from owners in Nuevo Vallarta, it's not much better. I heard several people complaining (we were in Grand Luxxe on an exchange, BTW) that they'd owned for years and have never gotten an ocean view (granted only the corner units even have an ocean view, the rest are river view or resort view, IMO).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
IMO, the 10% off charges is "standard" and I do not believe negotiable - because
it comes out of the "hotel side" .
Everything else that you negotiate comes from the TS sales / Vida budget .
1)free cab ride back to the airport
2)Golf discount during an exchange week
3)Discount massages
4)cash in pesos ( we received 2000 pesos in 2012 / happily spent it in Bucarias with beach vendors & lunch that afternoon )
5)Reduction in the resort fee total $. (newest thing you can negotiate)

PS - If you go to the breakfast - bring a 100 peso note and tip the person who
brings juice & coffee .
<This also -shows your salesperson that you are not a newbie >

I think you're right about the 10% off charges being the standard inducement. I got half off the resort fee last time down in Riviera Maya as well, and have gotten cab rides in the past. I've also had the "Vida Privileges" card, which gets you discounts on massages and variable perks at the restaurants (e.g., two for one drinks or a free guacamole at certain restaurants at certain times). Hadn't asked them for cash, though; might try that one next time.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
..... Hadn't asked them for cash, though; might try that one next time.

We did get it in 2011 and 2012 . You picked it up from the person you signed off with after saying NO a lot .
That may be the "old way" and now the Vida Privileges card is the preferred option .

Cash may still exist if you play the game and say the OPC at the airport or on the street offered you <$ xx pesos /$ xx USD>

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!:eek: I just read on the Riviera Maya thread about the increase in the mandatory guest fee to $30pp/day at Grand Luxxe, effective this weekend! We're headed to Nuevo Vallarta next week, and all my paperwork says the guest fee is $11pp/day. Interval now says it is $30pp/day.

I made this trade a year ago and wouldn't have booked it with the $30pp/day fees for our party of six. I have a reservation for my family of twelve next fall in the RM Grand Luxxe, and am kicking myself that I didn't buy EPlus. Aaaaargh! I am NOT a happy camper!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow!:eek: I just read on the Riviera Maya thread about the increase in the mandatory guest fee to $30pp/day at Grand Luxxe, effective this weekend! We're headed to Nuevo Vallarta next week, and all my paperwork says the guest fee is $11pp/day. Interval now says it is $30pp/day.

I made this trade a year ago and wouldn't have booked it with the $30pp/day fees for our party of six. I have a reservation for my family of twelve next fall in the RM Grand Luxxe, and am kicking myself that I didn't buy EPlus. Aaaaargh! I am NOT a happy camper!
I would think you would still pay the fee that it was as of your reservation especially if you have the paper work to back it up.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so! I printed copies of both reservations, so I do hope they will honor the $11pp daily fee.

I know some will suggest we just go to a presentation, but I have no interest in buying, and am on vacation to spend time with family!

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so! I printed copies of both reservations, so I do hope they will honor the $11pp daily fee.

I know some will suggest we just go to a presentation, but I have no interest in buying, and am on vacation to spend time with family!

Yes, do NOT go to the presentation. 4+ hours at a min., no matter what they tell you.
We only did it once (and knew we were in for 4+ hours) because we had a mini-family reunion going on (I think I had like (5) 2 BR all over the place), so the 10% discount, plus $200 off was extremely helpful.

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
I would think you would still pay the fee that it was as of your reservation especially if you have the paper work to back it up.
Ditto. We stayed at GM in NV December via RCI that had a $75 per week fee. By the time of the trip it was $11 pp/pd but they honored the $75 per week with no issue (I did have the paperwork).

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We were in NV at GM in November and had an Interval Extra Vacation that I had reserved even before the $11pp/day started and we paid the $75 that was on my paperwork. They did not even try the $11pp/day. We will use SFX for exchanges to the Vidanta Resorts in the future because they still charge the $75 for the week and the exchange fee is lower than II or RCI.

Lizzyc1974

Reaction score
PamMo, can you please confirm what happened at NV Vidanta? I'm in the same boat where my paperwork states $11 per adult per day, kids free. New information posted is that as of Feb 1 it is $30 pp per day adults and kids are $15. Our trip starts April 29 and I'm afraid they won't honor paperwork. 2 adults and 2 kids so it's a HUGE difference. The certificate I have is from RCI and I booked it AFTER Feb 1, (Booked Feb 4) through Skyauction who is working with RCI. Apparently RCI is having to try to correct this mistake.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
PamMo, can you please confirm what happened at NV Vidanta? I'm in the same boat where my paperwork states $11 per adult per day, kids free. New information posted is that as of Feb 1 it is $30 pp per day adults and kids are $15. Our trip starts April 29 and I'm afraid they won't honor paperwork. 2 adults and 2 kids so it's a HUGE difference. The certificate I have is from RCI and I booked it AFTER Feb 1, (Booked Feb 4) through Skyauction who is working with RCI. Apparently RCI is having to try to correct this mistake.
It has been reported here that they will honor the old rate if you made your reservation before the rate increase. You will be fine.

Kurt

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're here in NV now and having a great time. This 4BR is GORGEOUS!!!

At check-in, their system showed that we had a reservation with the $11pp/day fee, so I didn't even need to show them my paperwork. I was pleasantly surprised. They said, "Oh, you made the reservation before the fees changed."

Of course, we've been invited to attend a presentation, and the offers included 1/2 off the daily resort fees, discounts on all our resort charges (for all six of us) since arriving, free golf and/or massages, and maybe something else, but can't remember? There were only two phone calls to the room half an hour apart, so not really high pressure from sales, thank goodness!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Anything owners only there?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
EricB, there are no restrictions that we've experienced. We were told we have full access to the resort. We can use all the pools (including both rooftop pools), all the restaurants, spa, gym, etc. It's been a fantastic stay so far.

With the new $30pp/daily fees, I really want to hate Vidanta, but darn it! They DO know how to run a luxury resort!