• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta GRAND MAYAN (Rivera Maya) Question

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
How would you compare the quality of the room at a Grand Mayan Rivera Maya (not Mayan Palace) to a Grand Bliss RM or Grand Luxxe RM?

Does anybody have the layout/floor plan of the 1 bedroom villa with kitchen and plunge pool?

Thanks.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You can find the floor plans on www.vidanta.com. Go to Riviera Maya in Destinations, then Rooms & Suites, then the level (e.g., Grand Mayan), then the room size you're interested in. There should be a link towards the bottom for "show floor plan."

All of those are nice - as you would expect, the furnishings and amenities improve as you go from GM to GB to GL. The size of the units goes up as well. Additionally, if you're staying in GB you have access to the Beach Club; in GL you also have access to the GL pool and Custom Burger Restaurant. The Lazy River is supposed to be restricted to GO as well, but I'm not sure if it's open yet.

There are trade offs for location on the resort grounds, though. My impression is that because Vidanta built the lower tiers first and hadn't thoroughly planned out the upper tiers, the more luxurious ones are less centrally located. It's not too big a deal in RM, though, because the resort isn't as large as NV.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I have not stayed in GM or GB / - so I could be wrong .

I believe the square footage is similar (or the same) BUT Grand Bliss has a nicer kitchen and GB has a walk in shower AND a separate large soaking tub with jets .

I have toured the models in NV ( as well as visited them on my own (late afternoon )
and did some comparisons a few years ago.

FYI - the square footage of Bliss and Mayan Palace suites is the same / just different decor . Bliss units are currently located in RM only .

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
The biggest different, IMO, between Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan and the Grand Bliss/Grand Luxxe:
The beds are MUCH softer in GB/GL. The other two have beds so hard, my back hurt the entire week. But a lot of beds in Mexico seem to be rock-hard.

Room size, I think the Grand Mayan (riviera maya is the only place I've stayed at in the GM) is quite large. Grand Luxxe is very ooh-lala though.

:)

Grand Bliss kitchen is definitely smaller than GL kitchen though.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
You can find the floor plans on www.vidanta.com. Go to Riviera Maya in Destinations, then Rooms & Suites, then the level (e.g., Grand Mayan), then the room size you're interested in. There should be a link towards the bottom for "show floor plan."

All of those are nice - as you would expect, the furnishings and amenities improve as you go from GM to GB to GL. The size of the units goes up as well. Additionally, if you're staying in GB you have access to the Beach Club; in GL you also have access to the GL pool and Custom Burger Restaurant. The Lazy River is supposed to be restricted to GO as well, but I'm not sure if it's open yet.

There are trade offs for location on the resort grounds, though. My impression is that because Vidanta built the lower tiers first and hadn't thoroughly planned out the upper tiers, the more luxurious ones are less centrally located. It's not too big a deal in RM, though, because the resort isn't as large as NV.
Hi Eric,

I just returned from a week at Grande Luxxe - Lasy River projebted completion date is March, 2019.

Best Regards.
Richard

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am at GM RM and have a FREE breakfast appointment tomorrow with our family. Any ideas what this will be like?

Also, is Salume going to turn RM into something like the Los Cabos like hard core beatbox? Do all RM guests get access?

Thanks so much!

Paul

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Levatino - Be prepared for at least a 5 hour ordeal. The breakfast is great. But, this will lead into a sales presentation that can be quite high pressured and will take several hours. You will likely be passed from person to person through several closers.
Salum is fantastic. We loved it when we were there a month ago. In the evening there was NOT loud music. The music in Cabo is related to the Hakkassan day/night club now on the property. While there may be plans for a similar club in Riviera Maya, at this point Salum is NOT that type of product.
Salum is for everyone. The beach club adjacent to Salum is only for Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi Everyone,

I am at GM RM and have a FREE breakfast appointment tomorrow with our family. Any ideas what this will be like?
Paul
Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

The breakfast is very good - the tour can be interesting . Neither is part of your 90 minute commitment.

The 90 minutes starts when you sit down in the sales room .
It will be high pressure & the sales team and management are good at their job / which is to convince you to buy .

The more questions you ask - the more opportunities you give them . Be somewhat generic in your answers .
If asked about timeshare(s) you own - don’t say you love the location but hate the rising Mf’s . You will be considered a” trade in “prospect , and will have to listen to THAT sales pitch . Etc. Etc. ( This is part of the reason you can waste most of a day)

If you have no interest in buying - after 90 minutes + perhaps 15 more / I would politely thank them and leave .

They will likely want to run you through the multiple EXIT PACKAGES . These are lower priced but generally have less ARP and may be through a third party such as Destinos Unlimited .
< Desinos Unlimited is a brand of ICE / ICE is a long time Vidanta relationship partner >

Leave and skip them -

Tell them you have a Holiday family phone call or similar .

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Lazy River is supposed to be restricted to GO as well, but I'm not sure if it's open yet.

Eric, did you mean GL owners? Or is GO any of the "Grand" Owners, so no Mayan Palace/Bliss like in Nuevo...

Looking at trading in to GM for a week and if we won't have access to the lazy river, its a no-go. We loved the lazy river in Nuevo and want to try the Riviera Maya. If we don't have access to the lazy river I will book somewhere else. (Have a December 2020 week on hold)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GL. Dang spellcheck....

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
GL. Dang spellcheck....

Called Vidanta and they said when it opens, it would be like in Neuvo where Grand Mayan and up could use the lazy river.

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Called Vidanta and they said when it opens, it would be like in Neuvo where Grand Mayan and up could use the lazy river.

The thing is - this lazy river has been "under construction" since 2004 and has yet to be open! When I was there in November 2005, it was ready to be filled and operational and would be for Mayan Palace units, because they also had all the buildings that are now the Grand Luxxe Jungle units as MP units. There were 7 GM units. We saw the lazy river because the hurricane had wiped out most of the trees. It was not opened when we were there in February 2007 and I saw pictures later that folks took of it with water that was yucky. Then I read that they were going to renovate it. It is still not operational. (The one in PP was ready to fill in 2008 and then was filled in and later re-created and it finally opened in 2015 in conjunction with the Grand Mayan.) While they know that guests love the lazy river, there are only 3 that are operational - the one in NV and 2 in Acapulco - MPR Golf and GM on the beach.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Given how well Vidanta communicates internally, I would wait until it opens and I'm actually there to say for sure who can use it. What the folks there told us while we were there last year was that it would be GL only, which made sense given its location by all of the DeLuxxe/Jungle Luxxe units. While they might include GM and GB in the group having access, I don't think they are really pushing sales of those right now and they are pushing the GL and Estates levels.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score

Called again today and they said the usage rules will not be determined until the lazy river is complete and operational. Classic case of one person saying one thing and another person saying something else...:mad:

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am here currently. The person signing up for the presentation at check in said the lazy river would be open July but one of the shuttle drivers said December. It does not appear they are currently working on it.

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me modify my earlier post: They are working on SOMETHING at GL RM Jungle. The heavy equipment beeping started at 7:30 this AM.

KathyAH475

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
DVC
MVC
I am here currently. The person signing up for the presentation at check in said the lazy river would be open July but one of the shuttle drivers said December. It does not appear they are currently working on it.
Lazy River is projected to open July 2019? I really appreciate all of the comments here. Fantastic resource. I own 1 plus 2 3 BR GL spa and will be going to RM April 27- May 4. Anyone going then? RM is our choice destination due to distance, and we can fly direct to RM from the DC/Baltimore area.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I really appreciate all of the comments here. Fantastic resource. ....
I own 1 plus 2 3 BR GL spa
..we can fly direct to RM from the DC/Baltimore area.

Hi KathyAH475,
Welcome to TUG / it is a great way to learn TS stuff

If you are looking for additional Grand Luxxe information - search EricB postings in the Mexican Forum
He has given a lot of helpful details on GL buildings - unit sizes & locations for both NV & RM .

<go to the search function at the top & enter Eric - various names will pop up / click on his TUG name & posts he added to threads will show >

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lazy River is projected to open July 2019? I really appreciate all of the comments here. Fantastic resource. I own 1 plus 2 3 BR GL spa and will be going to RM April 27- May 4. Anyone going then? RM is our choice destination due to distance, and we can fly direct to RM from the DC/Baltimore area.

I'll believe the July 2019 opening date once it's actually happened. They keep changing it and I don't think they share information internally all that well. Looking forward to it, though.

We like the short flights from BWI as well, but NV has a lot going for it too. Kind of a pain connecting in Houston, but they've got a really nice USO there inside the terminal if you're on Southwest. Heading down to RM next week and at the beginning of April, so we won't be there at the same time this year, unfortunately.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Eric,
We will be there the 23rd. Will you still be around? (RM) Would like to meet with you if possible.
Thanks,
Jeff

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just down for a week; dang having to work for a living. We’re in PV the first week in March at Buganvilias, then back in RM early April. Have a few other trips penciled in later this year, what about you?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I'll believe the July 2019 opening date once it's actually happened. They keep changing it and I don't think they share information internally all that well. Looking forward to it, though.

Vidanta opening dates are like having repair people say they will be here on Thursday - and we say which Thursday? :) It happens when it happens it is not as big a priority for them as it is for us.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Just down for a week; dang having to work for a living. We’re in PV the first week in March at Buganvilias, then back in RM early April. Have a few other trips penciled in later this year, what about you?

Just the one week at the end of Feb. Next year going for 2 weeks, as retirement is less than 6 months from now!!