TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Vidanta GRAND MAYAN (Rivera Maya) Question

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by NYFLTRAVELER, Sep 23, 2018.

1. NYFLTRAVELER

NYFLTRAVELER TUG Member

How would you compare the quality of the room at a Grand Mayan Rivera Maya (not Mayan Palace) to a Grand Bliss RM or Grand Luxxe RM?

Does anybody have the layout/floor plan of the 1 bedroom villa with kitchen and plunge pool?

Thanks.

2. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham Bali Hai, Grand Luxxe
    You can find the floor plans on www.vidanta.com. Go to Riviera Maya in Destinations, then Rooms & Suites, then the level (e.g., Grand Mayan), then the room size you're interested in. There should be a link towards the bottom for "show floor plan."

All of those are nice - as you would expect, the furnishings and amenities improve as you go from GM to GB to GL. The size of the units goes up as well. Additionally, if you're staying in GB you have access to the Beach Club; in GL you also have access to the GL pool and Custom Burger Restaurant. The Lazy River is supposed to be restricted to GO as well, but I'm not sure if it's open yet.

There are trade offs for location on the resort grounds, though. My impression is that because Vidanta built the lower tiers first and hadn't thoroughly planned out the upper tiers, the more luxurious ones are less centrally located. It's not too big a deal in RM, though, because the resort isn't as large as NV.

3. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Taranova
    I have not stayed in GM or GB / - so I could be wrong .

I believe the square footage is similar (or the same) BUT Grand Bliss has a nicer kitchen and GB has a walk in shower AND a separate large soaking tub with jets .

I have toured the models in NV ( as well as visited them on my own (late afternoon )
    and did some comparisons a few years ago.

FYI - the square footage of Bliss and Mayan Palace suites is the same / just different decor . Bliss units are currently located in RM only .

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  4. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

The biggest different, IMO, between Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan and the Grand Bliss/Grand Luxxe:
    The beds are MUCH softer in GB/GL. The other two have beds so hard, my back hurt the entire week. But a lot of beds in Mexico seem to be rock-hard.

Room size, I think the Grand Mayan (riviera maya is the only place I've stayed at in the GM) is quite large. Grand Luxxe is very ooh-lala though.

:)

Grand Bliss kitchen is definitely smaller than GL kitchen though.

5. MULTIZ321

MULTIZ321 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
    ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
    Hi Eric,

I just returned from a week at Grande Luxxe - Lasy River projebted completion date is March, 2019.

Best Regards.
    Richard

6. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks!

7. levatino

levatino TUG Member

Hi Everyone,

I am at GM RM and have a FREE breakfast appointment tomorrow with our family. Any ideas what this will be like?

Also, is Salume going to turn RM into something like the Los Cabos like hard core beatbox? Do all RM guests get access?

Thanks so much!

Paul

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

8. jssquared

jssquared Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Levatino - Be prepared for at least a 5 hour ordeal. The breakfast is great. But, this will lead into a sales presentation that can be quite high pressured and will take several hours. You will likely be passed from person to person through several closers.
    Salum is fantastic. We loved it when we were there a month ago. In the evening there was NOT loud music. The music in Cabo is related to the Hakkassan day/night club now on the property. While there may be plans for a similar club in Riviera Maya, at this point Salum is NOT that type of product.
    Salum is for everyone. The beach club adjacent to Salum is only for Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe.

9. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Taranova
    The breakfast is very good - the tour can be interesting . Neither is part of your 90 minute commitment.

The 90 minutes starts when you sit down in the sales room .
    It will be high pressure & the sales team and management are good at their job / which is to convince you to buy .

The more questions you ask - the more opportunities you give them . Be somewhat generic in your answers .
    If asked about timeshare(s) you own - don’t say you love the location but hate the rising Mf’s . You will be considered a” trade in “prospect , and will have to listen to THAT sales pitch . Etc. Etc. ( This is part of the reason you can waste most of a day)

If you have no interest in buying - after 90 minutes + perhaps 15 more / I would politely thank them and leave .

They will likely want to run you through the multiple EXIT PACKAGES . These are lower priced but generally have less ARP and may be through a third party such as Destinos Unlimited .
    < Desinos Unlimited is a brand of ICE / ICE is a long time Vidanta relationship partner >

Leave and skip them -

Tell them you have a Holiday family phone call or similar .

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    jimwu921 and Eric B like this.
  10. gnorth16

gnorth16 TUG Member

Eric, did you mean GL owners? Or is GO any of the "Grand" Owners, so no Mayan Palace/Bliss like in Nuevo...

Looking at trading in to GM for a week and if we won't have access to the lazy river, its a no-go. We loved the lazy river in Nuevo and want to try the Riviera Maya. If we don't have access to the lazy river I will book somewhere else. (Have a December 2020 week on hold)

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  11. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    GL. Dang spellcheck....

12. gnorth16

gnorth16 TUG Member

Called Vidanta and they said when it opens, it would be like in Neuvo where Grand Mayan and up could use the lazy river.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  13. pittle

pittle Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
    The thing is - this lazy river has been "under construction" since 2004 and has yet to be open! When I was there in November 2005, it was ready to be filled and operational and would be for Mayan Palace units, because they also had all the buildings that are now the Grand Luxxe Jungle units as MP units. There were 7 GM units. We saw the lazy river because the hurricane had wiped out most of the trees. It was not opened when we were there in February 2007 and I saw pictures later that folks took of it with water that was yucky. Then I read that they were going to renovate it. It is still not operational. (The one in PP was ready to fill in 2008 and then was filled in and later re-created and it finally opened in 2015 in conjunction with the Grand Mayan.) While they know that guests love the lazy river, there are only 3 that are operational - the one in NV and 2 in Acapulco - MPR Golf and GM on the beach.

T-Dot-Traveller likes this.
  14. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Given how well Vidanta communicates internally, I would wait until it opens and I'm actually there to say for sure who can use it. What the folks there told us while we were there last year was that it would be GL only, which made sense given its location by all of the DeLuxxe/Jungle Luxxe units. While they might include GM and GB in the group having access, I don't think they are really pushing sales of those right now and they are pushing the GL and Estates levels.

gnorth16 likes this.
  15. gnorth16

gnorth16 TUG Member

Called again today and they said the usage rules will not be determined until the lazy river is complete and operational. Classic case of one person saying one thing and another person saying something else...:mad:

16. cricket

cricket TUG Member

I am here currently. The person signing up for the presentation at check in said the lazy river would be open July but one of the shuttle drivers said December. It does not appear they are currently working on it.

T-Dot-Traveller likes this.
  17. cricket

cricket TUG Member

Let me modify my earlier post: They are working on SOMETHING at GL RM Jungle. The heavy equipment beeping started at 7:30 this AM.

Eric B likes this.