• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Deals To good To Be True

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Ok. Thanks. I’m 99% sure I would have noticed that addendum if it was there. I think our first contract was 2008, and I don’t remember there any mention of them in that agreement. Oh well..
We just got home, beating a snow storm that’s coming in, and then falling temps into single digits for the week. Meanwhile my sunburn already is itching. We had a great week in RM.
Jeff

sdrees

TUG Member
Reaction score
FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD

Has anyone received an offer from Paradise Vacation Luxury Properties, Atlanta Georgia, to sell you Vidanta Timeshare? The person who called said her name was Leah Kirkwood, a licensed real estate agent. She told us that she had a buyer for our timeshare from a large software company in California. They were looking for a tax write off. The offer was for about 3 times what we paid for the unit. A so called trust account was set up with a Palmetto Finance and Trust in Charleston, West Virginia. I was supposed to pay off the balance due on the unit and wire funds to an account in Mexico. Upon checking with Vidanta's paperwork we received at the time of purchase, the recipients name and bank didn't match. So no deal. This whole thing ended up taking over a month.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD

Has anyone received an offer from Paradise Vacation Luxury Properties, Atlanta Georgia, to sell you Vidanta Timeshare? The person who called said her name was Leah Kirkwood, a licensed real estate agent. She told us that she had a buyer for our timeshare from a large software company in California. They were looking for a tax write off. .......[

You are correct - offers like this are from SCAMMERS .
They are regular new names posted on TUG / the story is always the same

They contacted you = SCAM .

Vidanta is a reputable timeshare developer (with a a hard sell sales reputation- like many) . Vidanta runs quality resorts and we enjoy our vacation time
at their properties in Mexico .

Vidanta has recently sent me , as a Mayan Palace owner: 2 emails and a regular mail warning letter about these type of scams .

FYI - once one scammer has your contact information - " they all do "
you will be contacted again - 100% guaranteed

zdwoods129

Reaction score
Have anyone credit been ruined from the fraudulent practices of Vida Vacations Vidanta?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Sounds scammish

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Have anyone credit been ruined from the fraudulent practices of Vida Vacations Vidanta? **
This thread is about 3rd party scammers making offers to folks who have owned and used their Vidanta Membership. Those scammers goal is to have you make a payment to them for a tax or fee and steal your money .
—————-

** If you recently bought and are past the 5 day rescission period - you need to discuss your concerns with Vidanta Member Services .

There are examples in this forum of folks who came to a resolution using this process . Some continued their ownership / some may have walked away from a $$ deposit and been released from further obligation by VMS.

If you put payment on a credit card - contact the card company as well and explain your issue.

Last edited: