• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vida Lifestyles Upgrade

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
I just received my almost monthly call from Vida Lifestyles offering their "upgrade" package. Gosh are they persistent. Just like the folks in Mexico.

Anyway has anyone done this package offering the lifetime $59 annual fee (of course after their initial payment) for the combined Vida/SFX membership? I can see that after about 4 years its pays for itself if what the rep says. I'm forgetting about the almost worthless 3X Vida $$ and I presume the vacation certificates are not that valuable. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Mike

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I did it because it comes with unlimited Vida weeks and Privilege weeks as part of the SFX tie-in. It was also $49 per year for renewal for me, but that was a couple years ago.

Beware, though, of the combined VL/SFX membership. You can deposit only Vidanta weeks with that membership. I’ve maintained my other SFX membership at the Diamond level to use with my other TS. It’s not an issue if you only own Vidanta, of course.

The vacation/cruise certificates are essentially worthless IMHO. With the redemption charge to use them, the cost is about equal to discount fares and vacation week costs you can get without the certificates through VL or elsewhere.

I have done well with car rentals through them anyway.

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm entirely familiar with this "upgrade" package. Is it something different than normal upgrades? A separate vacation type membership through SFX?

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
I don't think I'm entirely familiar with this "upgrade" package. Is it something different than normal upgrades? A separate vacation type membership through SFX?

This isn't the normal resort upgrade when you go to the update meetings at your T/S. When I purchased my GL unit from Vidanta, included in the price were a 2 year Diamond SFX membership as well as a 2 year membership in Vidanta's Vida Lifestyle program. While these both have benefits like other exchange companies (II, RCI, etc.) they do offer additional perks including the ability to purchase additional weeks vacation at a Vidanta resort for payment of just the appropriate usage fees (or the sales guy said sometimes less...we will see about that) and options to buy weeks at other resorts for a fee but without having to buy a contract.

The published renewal rates (I'm sure they have discounts) for either the SFX or Vida programs range from about $400 - $500 but this "upgrade" offers lifetime memberships in both for $59/year renewal fees. Of course there is a payment upfront, but the offer would seem to pay for itself in about four years. A little less now that the followed up with an even "better" deal.

One of the biggest perks of the Vida program is the MF reimbursement (cash) for my other resorts if I give them the week. There are limits but since I have a few other T/S weeks apart from Vidanta, I likely won't use all of my weeks each year. I'm doing my first test of this fee reimbursement now so let's see how this goes.

I have a few more questions for the sales guy so I'll let you know just what the final deal might be.

Mike

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Mike,

IIRC, it’s not cash for a TS deposit; it’s Vida Dollars. Big difference and not a great deal.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have a few more questions for the sales guy so I'll let you know just what the final deal might be.

Mike
Weren't you trying to figure this out last year? https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/vida-lifestyles.280023/
I have a timeshare that does a MF reimbursement program for up to 4 weeks deposited 7-12 months in advance. It is through something called V.O.I.C.E. (Vacation Ownership Interval Compensation Exchange) I can't use it to get a check but I could get an Amazon or Target gift card or others. If I gave them an Easter 2 BR Marriott Grand Vista for 2020. I would get enough credits for a $500 gift card minus the $75 transaction fee. So not a good deal. Most of the weeks I own, I can easily rent out for 90-140% of my MF yet through their system (not even counting the transaction fee) they would give me 30%-60% of the MF value for each of those weeks.

Last edited:

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Weren't you trying to figure this out last year? https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/vida-lifestyles.280023/
I have a timeshare that does a MF reimbursement program for up to 4 weeks deposited 7-12 months in advance. It is through something called V.O.I.C.E. I can't use it to get a check but I could get an Amazon or Target gift card or others. If I gave them an Easter 2 BR Marriott Grand Vista for 2020. I would get enough credits for a $500 gift card minus the $75 transaction fee. So not a good deal. Most of the weeks I own, I can easily rent out for 90-140% of my MF yet through their system (not even counting the transaction fee) they would give me 30%-60% of the MF value for each of those weeks.
Yes I had asked about this before. Now I am actually testing it out. They promise a reimbursement check for MF's (excluding taxes, special assements)less a $99 fee. Below is what they say:

"3. GLC’s Representations to You a. GLC agrees to pay You an amount equal to Your standard annual Maintenance Fee for the deposited week, less the $99 USD Processing Fee, in exchange for the exclusive occupancy rights to the Week described on the Deposit Release Form, subject to all terms and conditions herein. b. Payment will be made by GLC to You by check after: i) GLC receives a completed Deposit Release Form from You; ii) GLC verifies the Maintenance Fee amount and the payment was actually made with Your home resort; and iii) GLC has obtained the Week’s rights from Your home resort. c. Payment by GLC will be limited to Your standard Maintenance Fees only and shall not include mortgage, taxes, assessments, club fees, late penalty fees, resort fees, all-inclusive fees or other obligations fees owed by You to Your home resort. d. GLC may use Your deposited week for promotions, visits, rentals, inspections or other similar purposes."

I have a couple of weeks at Island Seas in the Bahamas which is not a high demand resort. While we have gone there regularly we won't have as much use for them as in the past. So if we can get something back its a plus for us. We will see how this Maintenance Fee Recovery Program works.

Mike

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Mike,

IIRC, it’s not cash for a TS deposit; it’s Vida Dollars. Big difference and not a great deal.

It seems like my contract says they will mail a check. Not Vida $$. If just Vida $$ it would not be a good deal at all.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
....One of the biggest perks of the Vida program is the MF reimbursement (cash) for my other resorts if I give them the week. There are limits but since I have a few other T/S weeks apart from Vidanta, I likely won't use all of my weeks each year. I'm doing my first test of this fee reimbursement now so let's see how this goes......

Let us know how this works out .

https://www.depositmyweek.com/terms-and-conditions
It looks legit but it seems thy can offer it or pull it at any time.

I agree -
the issue with any of these programs is that the company receiving the week needs to be able to make a profit . They may not have a need or a use for some weeks .

<FYI - this is not the first Vidanta “ partner” to offer this type of program .>

over 10 years ago - Grupo Mayan was heavily partnered with HSI (Holiday Systems International)* - based in Las Vegas . They offer a program were they will give you a credit for your MF less a $ 50 processing fee . A TUG visitor who owned a Mayan Palace studio posted that he had never used it but it only cost him $50 a year .

* HSI / Advantage Program.based in Las Vegas - is a travel /vacation / exchange company .
My Taranova TS - added Advantage Program in 2018 as a member option .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
https://www.depositmyweek.com/terms-and-conditions
It looks legit but it seems thy can offer it or pull it at any time.

The terms and conditions seem a bit internally inconsistent. For example, item 3.a. says, "GLC agrees to pay You an amount equal to Your standard annual Maintenance Fee for the deposited week, less the $99 USD Processing Fee, in exchange for the exclusive occupancy rights to the Week described on the Deposit Release Form, subject to all terms and conditions herein." In contrast with this, item 4.d. says the following about the processing fee: "Returned Funds. In the event Your Processing Fee payment to GLC cannot be secured in readily available funds (e.g. NSF check, stop payment check, chargeback, etc.), You shall, upon notification from GLC, immediately forward payment to GLC (by overnight delivery) in the amount of $124 USD ($99 USD Processing Fee + $25USD returned item fee) by Cashier’s Check or Money Order. Your failure to replace a Processing Fee payment shall void this transaction in GLCʼs sole discretion, otherwise, Your obligations hereunder (including occupancy rights) shall remain in full force and effect." It's not entirely clear how there could ever be an NSF check, stop payment check or chargeback to pay a processing fee if that is being taken out of your check from GLC for the maintenance fee reimbursement. (Item 3.b. says, "Payment will be made by GLC to You by check after: i) GLC receives a completed Deposit Release Form from You; ii) GLC verifies the Maintenance Fee amount and the payment was actually made with Your home resort; and iii) GLC has obtained the Week’s rights from Your home resort.")

My impression of it is that there really isn't any guarantee that they won't be asking you for a check for $99 to cover the processing fee after you've signed over your week to them and they have rights to it.

A TUG visitor who owned a Mayan Palace studio posted that he had never used it but it only cost him $50 a year.

Sounds like a fabulous deal, although I'd be willing to let him not use a couple of mine for just $25 each a year.... That way he'd get twice the ROI!

zendog500

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club NYC, Vidanta, Moon Palace
We received 1 year free of The Vida Lifestyles (VL) membership. Now it is expires in December and they are pushing a "Preferred Membership" which is a bump up from the regular membership. Preferred Membership is $4,999 preferred buy-in fee plus then $59/yr for life, or no upfront fee and $499/yr but not at preferred level. These include the SFX Exchange program. TheVidaLifestyles.com - Sales Pitch to follow:
1. Vida Dollars (Vida$$) buy down the retail prices of cruises, hotels, resorts, merchandise . You can give these to friends and family. They can even have access to your Vida Lifestyles account to shop and use want ever Vida $$ you allow them. They do not see your profile info or certificates info, just shop. Vida $$ expire in 1 year, some Vida $$ certificates can last forever until you activate them, then they expire in 1 year after activation.
2. Lifestyles Weeks (LW), if you have them, can be given to friends and exchanged, but you have to: go through Vidanta; pick a week; pay the USAGE FEE, then you can give it to them or exchange it. When you pay your usage fee you get Vida$$ in the amount of usage fee, Vida $$ are good for 1 year. There is an incentive as preferred member to get 2x to 5x Vida$$. You do not get that as $499/yr regular member. You could sell that week on AirBnB etc.
3. Instant Escapes for $399 – Every Wednesday night, open to your friends also.
4. First Friday of the Month Sale – Only Chairman level, but allows them to use 100% Vida$$ toward purchase of cruises, hotels, resorts, tours, even merchandise. The sale window is Live from 11am to 3pm only.
5. Maintenance Recovery Program for your other Time Shares (TS). Use form from Vida Lifestyles website and send it in. Payment in cash via check less $99 fee. (see attached form)
6. SFX – Has only luxury resorts, you are at Diamond level. Once you put your unit on the exchange (and pay your Vidanta usage fee) you have 18 months to pick and book your unit (maybe booked a year after that date). However, if you are a preferred VL membership ($4999 and $59/yr) there is no expiration, book whenever you want with no 18 month limit to book. There is the $99 exchange fee. Also with VL Preferred membership you get $1000 Vida$$ with each exchange you do on SFX.
7. Shop Deal Quarterly – Next August 11 – 15th, 2020. Some of these deals, Like EL CID LA CEIBA BEACH HOTEL are 75% off 7 nights or about $79 P/NT (per person per night or per night?) all inclusive. Checked El CID web site and hotel rate was 1 BD Suite, $250 per night with 2 adults, 7 nights. You can book as far as a year out.
8. Multiply Vida$$ - You get 2 times (2x) up to 5 times (5x) your usage fee in Vida$$. Presidential level was 4x, plus $800 vacation cash, plus another $200 vacation cash ($1000 vacation Cash) to buy down on any hotels, resorts, air fare that you buy through TheVidaLifeStyles.com web site (good as cash in these purchases). He did not know highest level name?
9. Luxury Home Rentals are available also.
10. Offer 8 incentive certificates each can get you resort stays (7 nights) or cruise (7 nights) , but resorts 7 nt has a fee of $199 (up to 6 people) and cruise fee $518 per two people. Certs are good for 5 years.
11. Payment to the $4999 can be made in increments without interest, up to 18 months
Update- I was offered $3,199 (vs $4,999) for the VL Preferred Membership but only get 6 certificates (vs 8) , $600 Vacation Cash (vs $1000) and only multiply 2x usage fee for Vida$$ (vs 4x).
12. Elite VIP Status - Once you have reached VL Preferred Membership....I was told that there is an "Elite VIP Status" where they have a point system that gives you 5 points for every dollar spent by you and family members. For an additional fee of $2,699 they start you with 65,000 pts. No additional annual fee beyond the $59/yr you are paying under the Preferred Membership. What can you buy with points? a) 20K pts a 7 night resort stay, except taxes that you have to pay. b)35K Pts 7 night stay at all inclusive, c)35K pts 4 days cruise, except port fees, taxes d) 50k pts 7 day cruise, except port fees/ taxes. You can convert points to vacation cash and buy down anything you buy on the VL web site (this is not Vida$$, like cash). If you travel a great deal and can family and friends to buy trips via your account, you can add up to 50 users to your account at no cost, their purchases go to your credit at the 5 pts per $1 spent. All of this is on the The Vida Lifestyles website. Payment can be paid month to month with no interest.

Attachments

• Vida Buy back weeks contract original.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

zendog500

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club NYC, Vidanta, Moon Palace
I just wanted to add this contact info to my previous post, if you need help: The Vida Lifestyle " TheVidaLifeStyle.com " with their office located at: SFX Preferred Resorts, 1900 N Loop Rd, Alameda, CA 94502 Call 855-411-3969 ext. 69335 for Roberto Montes, Mgr, Roberto.Montes@RVacationsCenter.com , general number 510-749-3749 (I did not know you could not edit your post after 48 hours!)

atkinson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received my almost monthly call from Vida Lifestyles offering their "upgrade" package. Gosh are they persistent. Just like the folks in Mexico.

Anyway has anyone done this package offering the lifetime $59 annual fee (of course after their initial payment) for the combined Vida/SFX membership? I can see that after about 4 years its pays for itself if what the rep says. I'm forgetting about the almost worthless 3X Vida $$ and I presume the vacation certificates are not that valuable. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Mike
We upgraded this past year and had intentions of using the points, etc. for vacations - EXCEPT COVID came to America. I recently contacted Vida Lifestyle because all our Vida dollars expired ... well duh, Vida Lifestyle rearranged their website so you can no longer use Vida dollars toward purchases of wine, electronic goods, etc. --- so you would think with a world wide pandemic going on they could extend the points and Vida dollars for at least another year (like many of the airlines and hotels have done for consumers) ... but sadly, that is not Vida Lifestyle's position. So the purchased points and accumulated Vida dollars expire and Vida Lifestyle seems not to care. I would not recommend that anyone upgrade.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We upgraded this past year and had intentions of using the points, etc. for vacations - EXCEPT COVID came to America. I recently contacted Vida Lifestyle because all our Vida dollars expired ... well duh, Vida Lifestyle rearranged their website so you can no longer use Vida dollars toward purchases of wine, electronic goods, etc. --- so you would think with a world wide pandemic going on they could extend the points and Vida dollars for at least another year (like many of the airlines and hotels have done for consumers) ... but sadly, that is not Vida Lifestyle's position. So the purchased points and accumulated Vida dollars expire and Vida Lifestyle seems not to care. I would not recommend that anyone upgrade.

Vida Lifestyle is run by ICE under contract to Vida Vacations, the sales arm for Vidanta, in conjunction with SFX. Because a large part of the funding for Vida Lifestyle comes from the sales budget for Vida Vacations, it's not terribly surprising that the non-travel side of the benefits has disappeared during this period - ICE is primarily a travel company and subcontracts the other aspects out. Don't feel bad, though, the savings you would have gotten using Vida Dollars in Vida Lifestyle really weren't terribly unique and can be replicated through other outlets if you look for good deals elsewhere, as demonstrated by the limitation of their best price guarantee to the after-Vida Dollars prices.

All that being said, there are aspects of Vida Lifestyle that are still decent for the long haul. They do give a decent pricing for car rentals and things like that; I've heard the cruise prices were good as well, but don't anticipate using them myself anytime soon. I had done a similar upgrade a while back, in part because it also came with a reduced renewal cost and unlimited privilege weeks, giving me a fantastic reason to tell the sales folks I'm not interested in upgrading at Vidanta.

joyssongs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
We received 1 year free of The Vida Lifestyles (VL) membership. Now it is expires in December and they are pushing a "Preferred Membership" which is a bump up from the regular membership. Preferred Membership is $4,999 preferred buy-in fee plus then $59/yr for life, or no upfront fee and $499/yr but not at preferred level. These include the SFX Exchange program. TheVidaLifestyles.com - Sales Pitch to follow:
1. Vida Dollars (Vida$$) buy down the retail prices of cruises, hotels, resorts, merchandise . You can give these to friends and family. They can even have access to your Vida Lifestyles account to shop and use want ever Vida $$ you allow them. They do not see your profile info or certificates info, just shop. Vida $$ expire in 1 year, some Vida $$ certificates can last forever until you activate them, then they expire in 1 year after activation.
2. Lifestyles Weeks (LW), if you have them, can be given to friends and exchanged, but you have to: go through Vidanta; pick a week; pay the USAGE FEE, then you can give it to them or exchange it. When you pay your usage fee you get Vida$$ in the amount of usage fee, Vida $$ are good for 1 year. There is an incentive as preferred member to get 2x to 5x Vida$$. You do not get that as $499/yr regular member. You could sell that week on AirBnB etc.
3. Instant Escapes for $399 – Every Wednesday night, open to your friends also.
4. First Friday of the Month Sale – Only Chairman level, but allows them to use 100% Vida$$ toward purchase of cruises, hotels, resorts, tours, even merchandise. The sale window is Live from 11am to 3pm only.
5. Maintenance Recovery Program for your other Time Shares (TS). Use form from Vida Lifestyles website and send it in. Payment in cash via check less $99 fee. (see attached form)
6. SFX – Has only luxury resorts, you are at Diamond level. Once you put your unit on the exchange (and pay your Vidanta usage fee) you have 18 months to pick and book your unit (maybe booked a year after that date). However, if you are a preferred VL membership ($4999 and $59/yr) there is no expiration, book whenever you want with no 18 month limit to book. There is the $99 exchange fee. Also with VL Preferred membership you get $1000 Vida$$ with each exchange you do on SFX.
7. Shop Deal Quarterly – Next August 11 – 15th, 2020. Some of these deals, Like EL CID LA CEIBA BEACH HOTEL are 75% off 7 nights or about $79 P/NT (per person per night or per night?) all inclusive. Checked El CID web site and hotel rate was 1 BD Suite, $250 per night with 2 adults, 7 nights. You can book as far as a year out.
8. Multiply Vida$$ - You get 2 times (2x) up to 5 times (5x) your usage fee in Vida$$. Presidential level was 4x, plus $800 vacation cash, plus another $200 vacation cash ($1000 vacation Cash) to buy down on any hotels, resorts, air fare that you buy through TheVidaLifeStyles.com web site (good as cash in these purchases). He did not know highest level name?
9. Luxury Home Rentals are available also.
10. Offer 8 incentive certificates each can get you resort stays (7 nights) or cruise (7 nights) , but resorts 7 nt has a fee of $199 (up to 6 people) and cruise fee $518 per two people. Certs are good for 5 years.
11. Payment to the $4999 can be made in increments without interest, up to 18 months
Update- I was offered $3,199 (vs $4,999) for the VL Preferred Membership but only get 6 certificates (vs 8) , $600 Vacation Cash (vs $1000) and only multiply 2x usage fee for Vida$$ (vs 4x).
12. Elite VIP Status - Once you have reached VL Preferred Membership....I was told that there is an "Elite VIP Status" where they have a point system that gives you 5 points for every dollar spent by you and family members. For an additional fee of $2,699 they start you with 65,000 pts. No additional annual fee beyond the $59/yr you are paying under the Preferred Membership. What can you buy with points? a) 20K pts a 7 night resort stay, except taxes that you have to pay. b)35K Pts 7 night stay at all inclusive, c)35K pts 4 days cruise, except port fees, taxes d) 50k pts 7 day cruise, except port fees/ taxes. You can convert points to vacation cash and buy down anything you buy on the VL web site (this is not Vida$$, like cash). If you travel a great deal and can family and friends to buy trips via your account, you can add up to 50 users to your account at no cost, their purchases go to your credit at the 5 pts per $1 spent. All of this is on the The Vida Lifestyles website. Payment can be paid month to month with no interest.
I just paid for the Upgrade as well with the money down (4199) then $59 annual fee after 2 years. I just realized though we still had 9 months left of our 1st year free through Vidanta for SFX and Vidanta dollars use. Were you offered this deal close to the end of your original offer ending? Or did they offer this to you when you still had a lot of time left of your "free year" with the program? I'm still within my 5 days to cancel and trying to decide if I'm better off to wait until Jan/Feb 2022 when the original offer expires. Did you take the first offer or did you wait until they sweetened the deal? I'm afraid if I wait, the offer won't be as good.